C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Aftermarket Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z06, M3, Mini Cooper S. Sold: C55
C55 Aftermarket Brake Pads

Anyone know of any good aftermarket brake pads for the C55? Many of the brands I would normally try (like Porterfield R4s, Hawk or PF) don't list anything for the C55 yet.

Would pads listed for a C32 fit? I believe the rears do, but not sure about the front, as I've heard the C32 had a running change in front brakes about 1/2 way through it's production cycle, and that only the later years have the same brakes as a C55.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by rbaker
Anyone know of any good aftermarket brake pads for the C55? Many of the brands I would normally try (like Porterfield R4s, Hawk or PF) don't list anything for the C55 yet.

Would pads listed for a C32 fit? I believe the rears do, but not sure about the front, as I've heard the C32 had a running change in front brakes about 1/2 way through it's production cycle, and that only the later years have the same brakes as a C55.

The C32 pads will fit. The Brakes are identical for all year C32s. The porterfields are good, but be warned they are known to squeal.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
The C32 pads will fit. The Brakes are identical for all year C32s. The porterfields are good, but be warned they are known to squeal.
Thanks for confirming fit. I just ordered a set. On my other cars I've had good luck with the R4S's not squealing much, except for a couple days immediately following a track day. The Hawk's HP Plus worked better but squealed like a stuck pig.

On another note, it's obvious Mercedes really never intended the car to be hauled around a track fast (for more than one lap), as the path for brake cooling air is ridiculous... No ducts from grille to wheelwell, just a little opening in the grille that dumps into the bumper, and on the left side the opening is blocked by the windshield washer reservoir so no air can make it through. Shame on you AMG. BMW has you beat big time here.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alot of cars
Where did you order your Porterfield pads from? I need a set for the track as well.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:45 AM

I ordered mine direct from Porterfield. I got them just before the prices went up. They took the website down this weekend to update the prices & info, but I think it's back up now. They are real nice people and I've purchased most of my pads from them no matter what car.

http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/

949-548-4470

It's funny (sad) how puny the rear brakes on our C32/C55's are. The pad is so small it should only have been used for a parking brake.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63, 560SL
Originally Posted by rbaker
Thanks for confirming fit. I just ordered a set. On my other cars I've had good luck with the R4S's not squealing much, except for a couple days immediately following a track day. The Hawk's HP Plus worked better but squealed like a stuck pig.

On another note, it's obvious Mercedes really never intended the car to be hauled around a track fast (for more than one lap), as the path for brake cooling air is ridiculous... No ducts from grille to wheelwell, just a little opening in the grille that dumps into the bumper, and on the left side the opening is blocked by the windshield washer reservoir so no air can make it through. Shame on you AMG. BMW has you beat big time here.
Keep your eyes open here on the forum as we release news of our Motorwerks prepared C55 competing in the One Lap of America. We have created some custom ducting to draw air from the front grille to the front brakes. Once its all done I'll post pics here. I am sure that we can replicate the design for other C55's.