C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 quad exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 quad exhaust

IS it possible to get a quad exhaust for the C32? Do you just cut the existing bumper for the other pair of exhausts or do you replace the bumper?
Old 02-20-2005, 07:50 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
all of your question can be done w/ the "search this forum" function.

and YES, you can get semi functional quad exhaust for C32 or true quad exhaust from the C55 for the C32. It's the matter of how much you want to spend. One member paid $5k at least for the true quad from the c55 for his C32. Now, go search.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:28 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
the problem with true quad exhaust is that the C32 spare tire well blocks the right side from having a regular sized muffler in place. so, you can upgrade to C55 exhaust or any aftermarket C55 exhaust (like eisenmann for C55 when i'ts out) after getting the C55 spare tire well.

take a look at Cargraphic's exhaust for w203. nobody ever talks about this, but i think that this type of exhaust is another option. you do not have to go true dual mufflers, one on each side, with two tips per muffler, to achieve quad if you are just going for the look. what it is, is a regular dual muffler but then a pipe connects from the muffler (on the left side), to extend to the right side and exits out where the other two tips would be on a quad. this does not use an extra muffler at the right side, so there is no space conflict with the spare tire well. i want to custom my Eisenmann race (single-sided dual right now), with a connecting pipe with tips to the other side for quad, yet i am worried about backpressure. from what i was told eisenmann already played with the backpressure in their c32 exhaust which i have, and that drilling a hole in the muffler to connect the pipes might affect this.

pics are here:

http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/dat...c-klasse-1.jpg
http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/dat...pg_preview.jpg

other options that i've seen are:

carlsson quad
mh-dezent quad
weltmeister

yet i think they're for generic w203 and not designed for c32 backpressure, though not sure to what extent that is even important. i chose eisenmann cause i liked the tip style, reputable company, and i wanted the exhasut loud. plus i know they did their homework and made it specifically for c32 amg motor. i talked to eisenhaus and it is supposedly quite different than any exhaust designed just for regular w203.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:39 PM

Erm,
Backpressure affected or not affected, it's a regulare exhaust and whoever tells you an exhaust will add 10-15 hp is full of **** and knows nothing more than the "grand total" on your sales receipt.

Only a full catback exhaust system will ever garner any significant gains. Non-catback exhausts are purely for looks and sound, nothing more.

Whoop-dee-doo with a regular exhaust upgrade you can back up your car into a parking space faster.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:52 AM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by BrabusW203
Erm,
Backpressure affected or not affected, it's a regulare exhaust and whoever tells you an exhaust will add 10-15 hp is full of **** and knows nothing more than the "grand total" on your sales receipt.

Only a full catback exhaust system will ever garner any significant gains. Non-catback exhausts are purely for looks and sound, nothing more.

Whoop-dee-doo with a regular exhaust upgrade you can back up your car into a parking space faster.
i think you can tell if you loose too much backpressure, you may notice a loss of torque. this happened to me on an old e36 m3, which just had catback. the uuc system u exhaust was supposedly one of the freest flowing, and i did notice a change in power characteristics. not to say it was faster, but you do notice loss of torque. i know an exhaust itself won't yield significant change and i didn't say it will make you faster, but with respect to backpressure, you can tell if you've lost too much from the seat of your pants. like i said, "though not sure to what extent that is even important", yet i wanted to play it safe on the c32. i didn't want to loose too much backpressure like i did on the e36 m3, from which i could tell from experience.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:59 AM

c32
How much do these different set ups going for?
Old 02-21-2005, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
i think you can tell if you loose too much backpressure, you may notice a loss of torque. this happened to me on an old e36 m3, which just had catback. the uuc system u exhaust was supposedly one of the freest flowing, and i did notice a change in power characteristics. not to say it was faster, but you do notice loss of torque. i know an exhaust itself won't yield significant change and i didn't say it will make you faster, but with respect to backpressure, you can tell if you've lost too much from the seat of your pants. like i said, "though not sure to what extent that is even important", yet i wanted to play it safe on the c32. i didn't want to loose too much backpressure like i did on the e36 m3, from which i could tell from experience.
The muffler or the lack of one won't affect your backpressure, at least not significantly enough to affect power/torque. Most of the restriction/free flow is from the 2 cats and 2 resonators. By the time it reaches your muffler/exhaust it is already flowing at a pretty constant flow/pressure.

If you're so concerned with backpressure, then don't touch your cats or resonators. They restrict the most and are the key players in controlling backpressure, an exhaust isn't going to do squat, unless it's capped off by some lemons or bananas.

Last edited by BrabusW203; 02-21-2005 at 02:59 AM.