C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Arghhhh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2005 | 07:52 PM

1998 C43, White over two tone
Arghhhh

Got home last night and as I pulled into the drive to walk around and open my garage door noticed my driver side turn signal was dangling. Must have popped out on the curb in front of my driveway because there weren't any scratches or anything on the car. Has anyone had this happen? Please tell me there is some cheap (yeah right, mercedes, I know) clip i can replace.
Old 12-08-2005 | 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Should pop right back in. Did you buy aftermarket clears off of ebay?? I've gotten some from ebay that fit terrible. One of them I actually had to send back as it wouldn't line up at either clip.

The clips kinda look like a cloths pin(I know, bad example) and there should be one on each light. The other side of the light should have little tabs that line up into a slot. They literally pop in and out. However, if they start poping out regularly there is a little metal clip on the plastic clip that is probably loose or bent.

This could be a little off as I'm just trying to remember and picture this from over 4 months ago.
Old 12-09-2005 | 04:26 PM

I think my metal part may have popped off, the light will snap right back into lace, but it doesn't take much to get it popped back out again. I see all the rest of what you are talking about, but I dont' see the metal part. I just don't want to be driving down the intersate and the light pop out and shatter all over the side of my car.

Oh, and they are OEM
Old 12-09-2005 | 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
This picture I found on ebay shows the backside of the lamp and where the metal clip would be:

http://vertexracing.com/images/produ...248695-n-k.jpg

If you look at the left of the light you'll see where the metal clip thing would be. It's right in between the cloths pin looking clip.

Maybe it got loose and fell out if it's not there on your lense. If thats the problem then it will only fall out more and more. Not sure where you could find that small part. So So quality clear lenses cost about $30-40 a pair. The OEM units about $70-80 I think.
Old 12-11-2005 | 12:17 PM

Thanks for the help, actually on Friday a had al ittle more time and a flashlight (novel concept huh) and was able to see the metal part you are talking about. Not sure how it got snapped out, but seems to be holding tight now.
Old 12-11-2005 | 05:45 PM

mine popped off on the freeway and smashed into a zillion pieces. Kinda bummed since it was a yellow german set At least it didnt scratch up the paint or rip out the wires