C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

anyone update the transmission controller?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone update the transmission controller?

i have a 021 module.... but the 026 is the update im gonna need to switch to w/ my new trans.... anyone know if its programmed differently or what?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBHustla858
i have a 021 module.... but the 026 is the update im gonna need to switch to w/ my new trans.... anyone know if its programmed differently or what?
If you bought the TCM new and from a dealer its Variant coded only, engine, Chassis and rear ratio, once installed into the car the software to match the Valve body is loaded in, the TCM and valve body are a match set and can not be interchanged.

With the old concept when you touch the shifter lever one time to the left to down shift, the transmission will only down shift one gear regardless of your driven style and situation.

With the new shift logic when you touch the shifter lever one time to the left to down shift, the transmission will down shift to the next optimal gear, from D to 3rd or 2nd depending on driving style and road conditions. With the new operating shift logic the transmission will also shift quicker. Are you installing a rebuilt transmission.