C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

car acting weird after winter storarege

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Exclamation car acting weird after winter storarege

the c43 wont shift properly after the battery died so i had to take it out and charge it, the car fired up great but driving it for a few hours i wanted to drive sporty, stepping on the gaspedal it downshifted 1 or 2 gears in D-MODE ,stepped on the gas and nothing happens the car wont go faster,it feels like something holds it back,felt like it was a turtle.the car did not have the same punch as before i stored it for winter.what is the bug here?i tried to reset the trans with turning the key on,hold the gaspedal pressed down for 5 sec.turn the key of and took of my foot,letting the key in for 2 min. this did not help, anyone help me please. do i have to go to the dealer to reset it with stardiagnos or what? thanks
Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by kowalski
the c43 wont shift properly after the battery died so i had to take it out and charge it, the car fired up great but driving it for a few hours i wanted to drive sporty, stepping on the gaspedal it downshifted 1 or 2 gears in D-MODE ,stepped on the gas and nothing happens the car wont go faster,it feels like something holds it back,felt like it was a turtle.the car did not have the same punch as before i stored it for winter.what is the bug here?i tried to reset the trans with turning the key on,hold the gaspedal pressed down for 5 sec.turn the key of and took of my foot,letting the key in for 2 min. this did not help, anyone help me please. do i have to go to the dealer to reset it with stardiagnos or what? thanks
Time for a brand new MAF! Sounds like the symptom which is common!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Time for a brand new MAF! Sounds like the symptom which is common!

hey man how you doing?

my maf was changed on warranty when the car was brand new at 2200 kilometers (convert 2200km. x 1,6 miles= ) you will have exactly miles, on my car when it was brand new, the car is now 76,000km. on the clock and runs fine on idle and normal driving,fires up great everytime,**** only happens when i stomp the gaspedal,then will gearbox downshift a notch or 2,it feels like the car jumps like a rabbit when i stomp the throttle
Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
hey man how you doing?

my maf was changed on warranty when the car was brand new at 2200 kilometers (convert 2200km. x 1,6 miles= ) you will have exactly miles, on my car when it was brand new, the car is now 76,000km. on the clock and runs fine on idle and normal driving,fires up great everytime,**** only happens when i stomp the gaspedal,then will gearbox downshift a notch or 2,it feels like the car jumps like a rabbit when i stomp the throttle
Its possible that the MAF died. What do you mean by bad shifting? If the tranny is anything like the ML'S after a power loss the tranny will need to relearn your driving habbits again (takes 40-50 miles), the MAF died in the ML but it threw a check engine light as it did.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey man how you doing?

Trust me it's probably your MAF again!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
Its possible that the MAF died. What do you mean by bad shifting? If the tranny is anything like the ML'S after a power loss the tranny will need to relearn your driving habbits again (takes 40-50 miles), the MAF died in the ML but it threw a check engine light as it did.

hi my ****ty car does not have a C.E.L. illumination on the dashboard eurocrap c43s does not have this function!! i drove the car yesterday it felt like it had no power on the throttle weird . The original founders of mercedes company must rotate in their graves nowadays for these predecessors that don't hold mercedes quality worthy its name!!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hi my ****ty car does not have a C.E.L. illumination on the dashboard eurocrap c43s does not have this function!! i drove the car yesterday it felt like it had no power on the throttle weird . The original founders of mercedes company must rotate in their graves nowadays for these predecessors that don't hold mercedes quality worthy its name!!
Dude once again,get the MAF! Ranting and raving is not gonna help unless you just want to sell the car!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
+1

Dude once again,get the MAF! Ranting and raving is not gonna help unless you just want to sell the car!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by SaMaS
+1
sorry to ask a stupid question, but ive seen "+1" a few times ... does that mean "me too" or something to that extent?

thanks!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
sorry to ask a stupid question, but ive seen "+1" a few times ... does that mean "me too" or something to that extent?
You would be correct...... grasshopper.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:36 AM

Most likely the MAF. But I wouldn't totally rule out other stuff. Depending on exactly how the lack of power feels, it could also be bad gas, accelerator pedal value sensor, or a few other runability problems as well.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M A F!!!!!! And just because it does not throw a CEL does not mean it's not bad. I had that problem so I know!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

w210 E55
I don't think it is his MAF, I think the symptoms he is describing are related to bad muffler bearings. One day everything is fine.....then BAM! Your muffler bearings go out and you're stranded on the side of the road.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by amgdriven
I don't think it is his MAF, I think the symptoms he is describing are related to bad muffler bearings. One day everything is fine.....then BAM! Your muffler bearings go out and you're stranded on the side of the road.

Hey buddy what are these muffler bearings? Where are they located>?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Banned

Exclamation

M A F!!!!!! And just because it does not throw a CEL does not mean it's not bad. I had that problem so I know!
Well as I said before I do not have a C.E.L. function on my c43 this is only a US option not euro option.

Yesterday I went to Gothenburg with my car,when I drive normally the car shifts properly both in automatic mode and in manual mode. but when I want to drive like the car is intended to be driven the shifting is not smoothe in D-mode or automatic mode,in D-MODE the trans feels like its slips on the gears before it upshifts and the car feels like it jumps like a rabit the car have power and it is fast but the shifting makes me feel like it doesn't have the exact power as it should be.sometimes the gears feels brutal when it upshifts.I'm not shure that the MAF is ****ed up cuz my car never went in limp mode.Tomorrow I'm going to the stealership and they are gonna hook it up with a (hooker ) I mean the computer and they will see what's wrong and clear all the codes
Old 04-16-2007, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What on earth r muffler bearings?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

w210 E55
What on earth r muffler bearings?
Hey buddy what are these muffler bearings? Where are they located>?
it's a joke. muffler with bearings? Come on guys...........
Old 04-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Banned

it's a joke. muffler with bearings? Come on guys...........

Hey man when people asks questions about problems they expect to get info about the problem if other people know about it, jokes are fun but post them to the Comedy Forum not on threads with other information that don't have to do with jokes cheers mate
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Hey man when people asks questions about problems they expect to get info about the problem if other people know about it, jokes are fun but post them to the Comedy Forum not on threads with other information that don't have to do with jokes cheers mate
Fair enough. On a serious note then, I would start with the muffler bearings and move up from there. If not, try your MAF.......................