C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

commerce drag races in ga

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 c36
commerce drag races in ga

does anyone live close enough to commerce ga that would want to take their car to the strip? i've been curious to see what mine will do, but i have to get it out of the body shop first. i hit a deer a few weeks ago. when i get it done, i'm going to do a few little tricks in the shop and take it up there. it will probably be in a week or 2, so if anyone around here wants to go, let me know.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
Doesn't look like they're doing a day at the drags this year but the event Chappy puts on are usually very good. You should check it out, I'm sure you can find some people there who would go to a drag strip with you to flex the AMG muscles a little bit.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c43-amg-w202/210590-save-date-3rd-annual-amg-meet-atlanta.html
Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Thanks, Mike.

Our Lexus friends are going to Silver Dollar Raceway again on 10/14.

http://www.southeasttrackday.com/

Commerce is by far a better track (times are on average 0.2 seconds quicker) due to lower elevation and better track prep. You'd be lucky to get in 2 or 3 runs on the Friday night sessions at Commerce from what I'm told.

I'm going to have to pass this time (leaving on business that Sunday). See you guys in ATL for the AMG Meet on November 10th.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:18 PM

96 c36
ive been to commerce a few times in my m3 and my 300ce. sometimes you can get a ton of runs in, and sometimes you can get just a few. it just all depends. i'm not going this weekend. i dont even know when my car is going to be done, but when it is, i'm going. i'll keep yall updated.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:46 PM

All of them!
Originally Posted by CFLPEEK
ive been to commerce a few times in my m3 and my 300ce. sometimes you can get a ton of runs in, and sometimes you can get just a few. it just all depends. i'm not going this weekend. i dont even know when my car is going to be done, but when it is, i'm going. i'll keep yall updated.
Looks like the Commerce (Atlanta Dragway) schedule is busy. Will you be able to get any runs in?
I haven't been there but it is a lot closer to me at only 60 miles. Silver dollar is fun though and always get to run a bunch. Just a longer drive at 160 miles.