C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Uneven bumper/body gaps...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gone but not forgotten C36
Uneven bumper/body gaps...

I have uneven gaps between the bumper and the area right under the headlights (when comparing the driver's side to passenger's side). I was informed that this can be corrected/adjusted? I didnt' have success in searching . Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
Originally Posted by Back2Benz
I have uneven gaps between the bumper and the area right under the headlights (when comparing the driver's side to passenger's side). I was informed that this can be corrected/adjusted? I didnt' have success in searching . Any input is greatly appreciated.
There is an inner attachment bracket for your bumper which tends to wear out at the fender corner bracketing points. This will affect your bumper vertical alignment (in addition to the 4 bolts that hold the bumper assembly onto your car). About a month ago I replaced this part, and to be honest I had no idea until then how far out of spec my bumper had gotten. Its a $110 part from the dealer, and its a quick replacement (took about 1 hr, .5 of which was spent trying to find some box cutters ). You just need to make a couple cuts, and you can use the old piece as a reference for these. Makes all the difference in the world!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gone but not forgotten C36
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY
There is an inner attachment bracket for your bumper which tends to wear out at the fender corner bracketing points. This will affect your bumper vertical alignment (in addition to the 4 bolts that hold the bumper assembly onto your car). About a month ago I replaced this part, and to be honest I had no idea until then how far out of spec my bumper had gotten. Its a $110 part from the dealer, and its a quick replacement (took about 1 hr, .5 of which was spent trying to find some box cutters ). You just need to make a couple cuts, and you can use the old piece as a reference for these. Makes all the difference in the world!
Thanks for giving me hope FLYNAVY!...I'm definitely gonna look into this!