C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

custom S/C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s/c 99 c43 amg
custom S/C

so i was thinking since i know a couple of people that own shops, of doing a custom charger on my c43 something like a vortech charger, i can get one of my buddys to make me the brackets as for piping and intercooling i can do that myself , maybe bigger injectors , in line fuel pump, etc. what do you guys think, i think it'll work.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by e30t387
so i was thinking since i know a couple of people that own shops, of doing a custom charger on my c43 something like a vortech charger, i can get one of my buddys to make me the brackets as for piping and intercooling i can do that myself , maybe bigger injectors , in line fuel pump, etc. what do you guys think, i think it'll work.
Well it has worked. Have you read this site long? It has been done a few different ways from time to time. From what I've done to other cars the MB's are challanging. Starting from scratch I would first search a few examples on this site. GreggC is a person you should search here and read up about his procharger kit. It was a hybrid design from the HPS1. I would get a hold of the HPS installation instructions, then read about his kit and maybe a few others. That would probably give you the best idea on making a custom one.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:56 PM

98 c43
I have been talking to a friend of mine about doing a charger like this. He is running a vortec on a R32 and seeing nice power out of it. My biggest problem is that I am a boost freak. 6-8 psi is never enough. I never really looked into what else is needed for a benz. Software upgrade? Injectors? Larger MAF? Next question is how much can a stock c43 motor handle without blowing up?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
READ: S/C CLK Vortech 430

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...9&highlight=sc

Gregg C's CLK55 is a good look too and more descript.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:54 PM

98 c43
wow... all on oem management.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
i wonder if the car is still running
Old 11-29-2007, 08:26 AM

98 c43
I sent him a message to follow up. I hope to find out. Will relay info.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by cfourthree
wow... all on oem management.
The HPS units use oem management as well. In fact alot of lower boost less radicall systems will keep the oem setup. I also believe that kleemann's base kit uses the oem programs as well. I think the deeper you get into power the more has to change. I know mine has been running just fine.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Front End Grunting Rubbing Sound???

So this has been going on for a good while. I haven't removed the wheels or any parts yet to look around but I know its there and I know when it happens.

Whe the car is at a standstill and I give it a good stab maybe 1/3-3/4 throttle to get going I hear an initial grunting type rubbing sound for about 1 second as the car gets moving. You can easitly hear and barely feel it. Somthing is defenitly hitting, rubbing, twisting, or such. A second after the car is rolling the noise is gone. Only when starting from a standstill.

If any of you guys are old, it is just like that splitsecond "urrraummphhh" as you get up from a chair and get moving.

I've driven around my garage turing at low speeds up and down the ramps and I can't get the noise once in motion.

Any front end parts that show this sign when they wear out? I would think I would hear it all the time which has me stumped.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
check for brake rub. could be that the brake piston is somewhat slow in moving.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM

s/c 99 c43 amg
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
The HPS units use oem management as well. In fact alot of lower boost less radicall systems will keep the oem setup. I also believe that kleemann's base kit uses the oem programs as well. I think the deeper you get into power the more has to change. I know mine has been running just fine.
at first i was going to get an hps but then i got to thinking, and 6 grand for 100hp is jus ridiculous, i started talking to my buddy and what i would need and for everything i estimated roughly about 3500 to 4500. so i dont know if i want to spend that much for a couple extra horsephower if any serious hp is to be made on this car id have to go with a full standalone and coouple other different things , so i got to thinking and figured that with the pulley set my exhaust, custom headers, a 50 shot of nitrous witch our motor is well capable of handling and a couple of fuel components to compensate for the shot im certain i can make just as much hp an an hps system and for alot less. But this is just the way i want to got doesnt mean that its the best way to go.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
So this has been going on for a good while. I haven't removed the wheels or any parts yet to look around but I know its there and I know when it happens.

Whe the car is at a standstill and I give it a good stab maybe 1/3-3/4 throttle to get going I hear an initial grunting type rubbing sound for about 1 second as the car gets moving. You can easitly hear and barely feel it. Somthing is defenitly hitting, rubbing, twisting, or such. A second after the car is rolling the noise is gone. Only when starting from a standstill.

If any of you guys are old, it is just like that splitsecond "urrraummphhh" as you get up from a chair and get moving.

I've driven around my garage turing at low speeds up and down the ramps and I can't get the noise once in motion.

Any front end parts that show this sign when they wear out? I would think I would hear it all the time which has me stumped.
i also have this..it comes from the front passenger side. i am also wondering what it is
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM

98 c43
ET30... Juice?? I wanted to spray my motor as well. I have had nitrous cars before and they are fun, but boost all the time is really really fun. You think if you piece the kit it will cost as much as 4500?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Wow I'm a tard....

I meant to create a new topic for this and can't seem to understand why I did it as a reply.....wow.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 AM

s/c 99 c43 amg
ET30... Juice?? I wanted to spray my motor as well. I have had nitrous cars before and they are fun, but boost all the time is really really fun. You think if you piece the kit it will cost as much as 4500?
boost is really fun but in this cars case like i said to make a reasonably good amount of power witch I would be satisfyed with id go with a full standalone system and a couple of other things such as a better charger. yea if u piece a kit together you will probably end up spending that much after everything, thats custom work as well like brakets and stuff like that. but i am really leaning towards a liltel juice, ive had it on my turbo e30 and i loved it, and i know our motors can take it, but not push it of course id go with a 50 or 75 shot. if the hps or kleemen chargers worent so dam expensive then i wouldnt mind doing that but to me for that much money i can have a sick c43 and i know the people to build it.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM

98 c43
I would love to see one of these cars run on DTA or another standalone system. My mechanic really wants to set up a benz with it. They have had alot of luck getting very serious power from VW's with DTA and turbo installs with a chip. I am going to look into it more. I am interested to know how much the motor can take before.... KABOOOM! also the trans. I would be happy with 500 whp in this car.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:37 PM

s/c 99 c43 amg
I would love to see one of these cars run on DTA or another standalone system. My mechanic really wants to set up a benz with it. They have had alot of luck getting very serious power from VW's with DTA and turbo installs with a chip. I am going to look into it more. I am interested to know how much the motor can take before.... KABOOOM! also the trans. I would be happy with 500 whp in this car.

id probably go with a tec2 system or a haltech, truthfully it will work im certain u can put standalone on any car i think the c43 with a twin turbo set up with g35R on 10 pounds and some good head studs will make anywhere in the high 400's. i just cant decide what to do, charger , turbo, juice, i dont know but i will do something.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 PM

98 c43
I used to have a vr6 jetta with a gt35/40r putting down 487whp. Boost is so fun. Curious why tec 2 and not tec 3? I thought about running haltech before, heard its a real pain to tune. DTA is being tuned around the tri state and coming up with big numbers. I would do a single turbo, just run into a problem with room and mounting. Then the fmic unless you went air to water. I looked into doing that rear bumper mounted turbo system like the vettes use, just too much lag.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

id probably go with a tec2 system or a haltech, truthfully it will work im certain u can put standalone on any car i think the c43 with a twin turbo set up with g35R on 10 pounds and some good head studs will make anywhere in the high 400's. i just cant decide what to do, charger , turbo, juice, i dont know but i will do something.
Where would you fit the turbo's?
There's virtually no room up front.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
I think removing the spare tire well/tub (like the W209 dual exhaust people did) and using the rear mount system would be the easiest option. I know nothing about these systems though. Looks like it would be pretty easy though.

I'm trying to get my roomate to grab that 98' here for 7.7K. It would be subjected to a custom F/I.

Also, check out Rotrex for centri units. The size would be so very perfect for the C43. You may even be able to fit (2) C30's that they make and have a twin charged beast. I think they did this with an M car. They are about the size of an alternator and perform very well from what I understand. Gaining popularity in other markets like BMW and such.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:59 PM

s/c 99 c43 amg
I used to have a vr6 jetta with a gt35/40r putting down 487whp. Boost is so fun. Curious why tec 2 and not tec 3? I thought about running haltech before, heard its a real pain to tune. DTA is being tuned around the tri state and coming up with big numbers. I would do a single turbo, just run into a problem with room and mounting. Then the fmic unless you went air to water. I looked into doing that rear bumper mounted turbo system like the vettes use, just too much lag.
tec 3 still has some bugs to work out, ive used the tec 2 system on my e30 very staight foward system, dta is great for some cars like vr6's i dnot knowif you ever heard of steve olivera or brian kerchberger they had the fasted vr6 in the states 9.4 i think was the best they ran they were using dta they live in my town so for dta id go to them for tec2 id use azevedo motorsports he has a 900hp e30 m3 now puttin in a m6 motor in it and then we have sean ivy that is a genius with haltech aem and autronic. so as for management im not worried i am although looking foward to looking into that rear mounted system sounds like it would work pretty good as for the lag nothing a little front mount spray cant fix. just thinking out loud here , looking forward to doing some big things .
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM

s/c 99 c43 amg
theres always room some reloctions and some getting rid of some stuff would fix that, mind u that if i decide to do this its no longer going to be a nice daily driver, itll deffenatly be a tack car maybe drive it around town once in a while , but the rear mounted kit sounds much much easier to do.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

theres always room some reloctions and some getting rid of some stuff would fix that, mind u that if i decide to do this its no longer going to be a nice daily driver, itll deffenatly be a tack car maybe drive it around town once in a while , but the rear mounted kit sounds much much easier to do.
Believe me it would have been done already. I know plenty of folks personnally who have looked at that alternative. The motor and chassis leaves very little room to put a turbo at a cost effective price. It's amazing how they were able to fix two small turbo's on the old Audi S4. And with that V6 in there you can only go but so big.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:33 PM

s/c 99 c43 amg
Believe me it would have been done already. I know plenty of folks personnally who have looked at that alternative. The motor and chassis leaves very little room to put a turbo at a cost effective price. It's amazing how they were able to fix two small turbo's on the old Audi S4. And with that V6 in there you can only go but so big.
yea i hear u thats y alot of people around my way converted those to one big single turbo.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yea i hear u thats y alot of people around my way converted those to one big single turbo.
Most folks I know upgrade the turbo's. I've never seen a single turbo app b4. Can u link me a pic?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: custom S/C