C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Code P0306

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280 Sport
Code P0306

I found this code on my diagnostic read out. It is for misfiring spark at #6 cylinder. I replaced plugs and switched the coil with #4, but still get the code. Could the wires be bad?? Thanks for any help 99C280 sport
Old 12-22-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG sold!
Originally Posted by 99MBSport
I found this code on my diagnostic read out. It is for misfiring spark at #6 cylinder. I replaced plugs and switched the coil with #4, but still get the code. Could the wires be bad?? Thanks for any help 99C280 sport
When you switched the coil packs, did you went ahead and reset the light?

The reason I ask because you get the code, not a different one, which leads
me to assume you didn't reset it. If you don't have a tool to reset the light
you can try unplugging the battery anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes.

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_cod...e-detected.php
Old 12-22-2007, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by 99MBSport
........this really has become an epidemic in Mb vehicles made 1998-2002. I almost think that MB should recall these cars for this reason. There is an epidemic of check engine lights and engine misfires. Unfortunately it can become very expensive. You need a good mechanic. Not just one that will replace parts. You need oxygen sensors checked, CATs checked, fuel pressure regulators checked, spark plugs checked, MAf unit checked, and MOST IMPORTANTLY you need your fuel trim adaptation values checked. When you check o2 sensors you need someone that can read pre and post CAt o2 sensor values to determine what is going on. You need your EGR system checked. You also need spark plugs, ignition wires and ignition coils checked. If you are lucky, it is just a bad plug. The problem is that by the time you arrive at the correct diagnosis, you would have spent a tone of bucks replacing the wrong things. Tip: If your Cats need changing, they are under MB warranty for up to 80,000 miles. Just from experience, it seldom the ignition coil although this ends up being a pupular item for your mechanic to jump on.

Ted