C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

the wife sead "the C43 has to go"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99C43 05C55 06slk55
the wife sead "the C43 has to go"

hello i am the owner of a 1999 C43 and a 2005 C55. i am a tech at a mercedes dealer. last week the C63 came in to the shop to PDI. i was called over to take a look. all i have to say is WOW it is better in person. i started it up, the noise from this car is nothing i have ever heard from a mercedes (CLK black not included). when the car warmed up i hit the gas and took it up to about 4500rpm and i fell in love (i have to have one). so at the end of the day i went home (my wife was home early) i asked if she would like to go and see the new C63 (i live 1 mile from work). the car was at detail, the car is black on black fully loaded. went to talk to my friend in sales to get the key. my wife started to look over the car, she poped the hood, opened all the doors looked in the trunk and played with the comand. i asked if she would like to start up the car (she sead is a ducks *** water tight). she started it up and got out of the car to walk around. she told me "this is it" i smiled. i told her to rev it up a little and again the noise from this car is unreal. we turned the car off and locked it up. gave the keys to my friend and said good night. on the away home she started to talk to me about the C43 she said it is 8 years old the miled are geting high. she said the C43 has to go we need the C63. i told her in about 3 years we can get one used with low miles and about 20,000 less. the thing is my C43 was my first AMG, i have put hard work in keeping this car cherry i just put in about 800$ and about 1 1/2 days work in it. i replace all the spark plugs, valve covers and breathers, oil cooler seals, oil presser port seal, lower control arm bushings, motor mounts, flex disks, rear sub-frame mounts, rear diff side seals, fuel and air filters. it was hard work but it is my baby. when she said lets sell the C43 my hart stoped. but at the end of the day nothing is forever. (so i will sell th c 55)

Last edited by AMGC43C55; 04-22-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:57 PM

In search of W222
good man. sorry for the loss of your c55 tho.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:11 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
man i wish u were selling this thing before i woulda bought it! i just payed for my c43 from NY its being shipped as we speak.

However, i know two people (brothers) which are both trying to find nice c43's to buy. pm with with a price if youre still tryin to sell.

thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c43
[QUOTE=AMGC43C55;2780218]i replace all the spark plugs, valve covers and breathers, oil cooler seals, oil presser port seal, lower control arm bushings, motor mounts, flex disks, rear sub-frame mounts, QUOTE]

I have to ask you and hope you can PLEASE help me. I replaced the passenger front bushing. The bushing seems like it did sit all the way down. BUT, I get noises like and old door when the hinges need lubing. I sprayed some belt ease spray which is for belts to make them stop squeaking and the noise from the bushing stops for 2 days. Than it starts all over. Do you think I needed to sit the bushing down more and thats why it squeaks..... I tried it twice, once with some synthetic grease and the other time without the gread and both times the squeakes came out after a few days!

So I'm thinking it might not be completely all the way down? I did not use any special tools for this but the bushing did go down when I put pressure on it. Any help is greatly appreciated from you or anyone else.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 PM

99 C43 AMG
Congrats on the C63! C55's are a dime a dozen... Good choice keeping the C43 hehehe
Old 04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Thats how I feel about my C36 even though its a slug compared to my CLK 55.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
So you're getting the C63? If so, congradz!!!

Originally Posted by AMGC43C55
hello i am the owner of a 1999 C43 and a 2005 C55. i am a tech at a mercedes dealer. last week the C63 came in to the shop to PDI. i was called over to take a look. all i have to say is WOW it is better in person. i started it up, the noise from this car is nothing i have ever heard from a mercedes (CLK black not included). when the car warmed up i hit the gas and took it up to about 4500rpm and i fell in love (i have to have one). so at the end of the day i went home (my wife was home early) i asked if she would like to go and see the new C63 (i live 1 mile from work). the car was at detail, the car is black on black fully loaded. went to talk to my friend in sales to get the key. my wife started to look over the car, she poped the hood, opened all the doors looked in the trunk and played with the comand. i asked if she would like to start up the car (she sead is a ducks *** water tight). she started it up and got out of the car to walk around. she told me "this is it" i smiled. i told her to rev it up a little and again the noise from this car is unreal. we turned the car off and locked it up. gave the keys to my friend and said good night. on the away home she started to talk to me about the C43 she said it is 8 years old the miled are geting high. she said the C43 has to go we need the C63. i told her in about 3 years we can get one used with low miles and about 20,000 less. the thing is my C43 was my first AMG, i have put hard work in keeping this car cherry i just put in about 800$ and about 1 1/2 days work in it. i replace all the spark plugs, valve covers and breathers, oil cooler seals, oil presser port seal, lower control arm bushings, motor mounts, flex disks, rear sub-frame mounts, rear diff side seals, fuel and air filters. it was hard work but it is my baby. when she said lets sell the C43 my hart stoped. but at the end of the day nothing is forever. (so i will sell th c 55)
Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
I am looking for a c43, pm me the details if you are selling, thank you