C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008 | 07:25 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
Originally Posted by svt ricco
join club202.com and look at the gallery. i have the set up you want. this might help. also, a lot of other c43 over there.
the admins wont register me over there ive tried registering for membership at club202 several times but dont seem to get the priveledge to post.
Old 08-26-2008 | 09:27 AM

1998 c43
HELP!!!

i finally took that baby home last night..but i still have to take it back to the dealer for some little fixing here and there new fog light and alignment...now i found some flawsthat i need to take care of personally, maybe you guys can help me out..
1.driver side door wood trim: i looks like its popped out a little..u can only notice it when u really get close to it and pay attention to the detail..i wanna put it back in its proper place..
2.the back vertical panel fabric, by the rear deck between the rear window and the door has some bubbles it looks like the glue came of on it already..
3.shift knob is turning like the thread is stripped and some fading on the gray part..and some fading on the steering wheel..
4.a lot of swirl marks on the body when u put it by the light..
other than that that baby runs like a champ, i left it all night and this morning i fired up the car and move it there is no sign of any kind of leak on my garage..
Old 08-26-2008 | 07:25 PM

In search of W222
Does it have all stock audio?
Old 08-26-2008 | 11:49 PM

1997 C36AMG
LOL dog out a C300, i wonder how those drive....yea u don't really notice much about those cars until you bring em homel lol
Old 08-27-2008 | 01:03 AM

ive had a long history of ******* loaner cars out lol. the first ones i got to drive were w203 c230 komp, prefacelift. then the post facelift ones (05 and up) then the 230 v6 2.5l (2007 i believe) and a c280 (2006). which has the same motor (3.0 v6) as the new c300. the w203 c280 felt faster imo. and lastly ive driven 3 different w204 loaner cars. they all drove well but ill tell you that after 2 days of driving a c300 around instead of my c43 i was starting to get a little upset at how slow the car was lol.
Old 08-27-2008 | 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by tristantiojanco
i finally took that baby home last night..but i still have to take it back to the dealer for some little fixing here and there new fog light and alignment...now i found some flawsthat i need to take care of personally, maybe you guys can help me out..
1.driver side door wood trim: i looks like its popped out a little..u can only notice it when u really get close to it and pay attention to the detail..i wanna put it back in its proper place..
2.the back vertical panel fabric, by the rear deck between the rear window and the door has some bubbles it looks like the glue came of on it already..
3.shift knob is turning like the thread is stripped and some fading on the gray part..and some fading on the steering wheel..
4.a lot of swirl marks on the body when u put it by the light..
other than that that baby runs like a champ, i left it all night and this morning i fired up the car and move it there is no sign of any kind of leak on my garage..
1. my 1st c43 had the wood trim coming off when i bought it. the jacka$$ i bought the car from tried to glue it down without clamping it, so it was glued permanently into the popping out position. lol. what wasnt funny was how much that peice of real laminated burled cherry cost. 300 bucks from the dealer.

2 and 3. find a reputable apholstery/leather repair shop. one that specializes in cars, of course. they can re-adhere the loosening cloth, and repaint the leather on the shiftknob and steering wheel. i already had a guy repaint my wheel. dont think of repainting as ghetto because thats how it comes, its not white leather... its tan leather painted white. so after alot of rubbing the paint thins and begins to show the brown/tan leather beneath. its good to have it repainted right when you notice it to show through, that way the leather doesnt take any damage before receiving a fresh protective layer of paint. no more than 70 bucks or youre getting ripped off. if you want to see what it comes out like pm me and ill send u pics of my steering wheel.

4. paint gets swirls in it, its inevitable. the best way to cure it is to use a buffer and some scratch remover. all a scratch removed does is slightly round the edges of the scratches so that it doesnt refract as much light. if you want to do it thoroughly goto http://www.griotsgarage.com and buy the paint polish kit, theres several levels of polishing agents, starting with a coarse one and working to a finer grade until all thats left is an extreemely shiny paint. you simply apply paste wax to the paint after polishing it and most superficial scratches will be in the wax, and upon rewaxing, will dissapear.

good luck.

Last edited by SeeKlasse; 08-27-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2008 | 10:52 AM

1998 c43
thanx

i wanna thank you all for the info and help you guys gave me...im gonna do my suspension and wheels next week, im picking up my 18in AMG monoblock aero 18x8 in the front and 18x9 in the rear and im still arguing what springs to get i want a slammed look...other than eibach and H&R what else is out there when it comes to springs with the slammed look..thank you folks i will definitely post pics after my detailing this weekend..
Old 08-27-2008 | 12:15 PM

1997 C36AMG
i would seriously consider H&R you wont regret i have em on mine
Old 08-27-2008 | 12:41 PM

1998 c43
ok

what kind of springs u have right now? it seems kinda too low...