C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Are your side panels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Are your side panels?

When looking at my c43 sidepanels at sideprofile it looks like it's been dinged with dents, but when I touch the ding with my fingers or feel it with my palm hand there is no dent. No uneven dents at all.
This gives me an illusion that my car is being dinged.
I have seen several Benzes with wavy sidepanels and this is strange why it is like this, I asked a friend at the swedish stealership , he told me that MB body panels come like that from the factory, they look like the are damaged but are not.
So I'm curious about your cars, I appreciate if you take a look on your cars too if you notice this.
Mostly around the doorhandles it's being more seen, and of course in other place too.
Thanx
Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
yeah, i have it around the door handles. i was told that thats how the MB is. i had waviness/dings in the doors in other spots too, but had those fixed. i have my dings removed once every so often.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
yeah, i have it around the door handles. i was told that thats how the MB is. i had waviness/dings in the doors in other spots too, but had those fixed. i have my dings removed once every so often.
hey maximus thanks for your reply.
I don't have eny dings on my sidepanels when I touch them with my hand or finger, but they are very well seen in my garage when the lights are reflected on the car, some small parts on the panels looks like they been hit with something but when I touch the spot there is no uneven area on the panel.
And the dings are seen but can not be felt by hand as uneven craters.
I guess the metal on MB cars is soft, therefore the panels give illussionary reflexes.
Thanks.

Btw. what about you other guys with c36 and c43's>?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
German
kowalski, if you see the dings in your garage under a florescent light,then the dings /dents are present no ifs or buts. trying to feel it out is another story.