C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

missing bulb in xenon headlight cluster?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 09:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 C43
missing bulb in xenon headlight cluster?

On a 99 C230 w/Xenon there are 3 distinct sections to the headlight: top outside is xenon low beam, inside is high beam, and bottom outside is fog.

On the 99 C43 w/Xenon the fogs are in the spoiler, and the bottom outside of the headlight cluster is unused. Would it be possible to bulb it and use it for something? Anyone done it?
WTS
Old 02-18-2003, 11:31 PM

1998 C43
toamend:

I'm not too sure about what you just described, but I'll throw in my answers anyway.

It sounds like you have the Xenon without a highbeam bulb? IF that is so, look into the bi-Xenon for your car.

I am thinking about converting my car, but not too sure what to expect. Plus, I would like all my bulbs to shine like Xenon's.

Maybe post a pic and then describe what you are referring to. That would help alot.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: missing bulb in xenon headlight cluster?

Originally posted by toamend
On a 99 C230 w/Xenon there are 3 distinct sections to the headlight: top outside is xenon low beam, inside is high beam, and bottom outside is fog.

On the 99 C43 w/Xenon the fogs are in the spoiler, and the bottom outside of the headlight cluster is unused. Would it be possible to bulb it and use it for something? Anyone done it?
WTS
I have put bulbs in the foglight portion of my headlights on my C43. I then unplugged the bumper foglight wiring harness, and now use the foglights in the headlights (their performance is superior to the bumper foglights).

I am in the process of wiring up a relay so that I can choose whether to use the internal foglights (for performance) or the bumper foglights (for appearance).

-s-
Old 02-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Almost a Member!

99 C43
Thanks for the replys DLS and Scorch-

DLS- the lowbeam and highbeam are the same on both cars, it;s just the fogs that are different. Sounds like Scorchie has already done what I was thinking about, with positive results.

WTS
Old 02-20-2003, 03:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
FYI: the bumper foglights are connected through an asapter harness that sits between the headlight and standard headlight connector. This adapter harness has contact pins that reach from the standard connector to the headlight contact pins EXCEPT for the pin that activates the foglights...that one is only half the length meaning that the foglight power does not reach the headlight contactpin anymore...

You can do whatever you want with these adapters and contactpins...

greetingz,
Old 03-13-2003, 02:47 PM

1998 Silver C43
I WANT TO GET THIS TREAD BACK UP.

So ~S~ were you able to work something out so you can use both the bumper foglights and the upper fogs also? Im really interested on coming up with something like that also. Let me know what you have so far. And it is really as hard as I have heard to remove the bulb from the bumper fog light?
Old 08-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 190e 2.3
Originally Posted by 99SlvrC43
I WANT TO GET THIS TREAD BACK UP.

So ~S~ were you able to work something out so you can use both the bumper foglights and the upper fogs also? Im really interested on coming up with something like that also. Let me know what you have so far. And it is really as hard as I have heard to remove the bulb from the bumper fog light?
I am curious too... anyone?