C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Coolant temperature gauge acting up....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Silver 1999 C43 AMG
Coolant temperature gauge acting up....

Every other day or so for the past couple weeks my coolant temperature gauge will read and stay at 40 degrees when I'm driving. It usually happens when I'm driving home late at night. It's a 20 mile drive home from my girlfriends house and takes about 25 minutes. During this time the gauge stays at 40 and won't go to 80 (normal temp) for me unless I drive hard.

What could be wrong? Some days it does it and some days it doesn't. The car sounds and drives normal regardless of the temp gauge so I'm wondering if I need to have it looked at.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel
Originally Posted by lupasa
Every other day or so for the past couple weeks my coolant temperature gauge will read and stay at 40 degrees when I'm driving. It usually happens when I'm driving home late at night. It's a 20 mile drive home from my girlfriends house and takes about 25 minutes. During this time the gauge stays at 40 and won't go to 80 (normal temp) for me unless I drive hard.

What could be wrong? Some days it does it and some days it doesn't. The car sounds and drives normal regardless of the temp gauge so I'm wondering if I need to have it looked at.
i had the same problem.
just change the Thermostat it'll be fine