C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Outrun a V-8 BMW M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C43, 1999
Outrun a V-8 BMW M3

Over the weekend I had been driving my car around so that I could get the Kleemann ECU program to settle in and relearn the needs of my engine. As the miles have rolled by I am finding the Kleemann program to be doing quite well with better uptake to acceleration, when I tip-in the throttle. The car seems to pull harder all the way through the powerband all the way to redline.

As I have two wide band O2 sensors working, one in the left bank and one in the right bank I have been monitering the AF ratios while I drive and making note of where the AF is perfect and where it needs some minor work, but mostly I am seeing that as I get more time on the ECU the inital problems are going away and the AF ratios are falling nicely into the 13.5:1 to 12.8:1 area.

So anyhow this M3 comes by me on the freeway and then slows down some and due to traffic I stay out of his way and take my offramp towards my house. I look into the mirror and notice he is right behind me and then the light turns red so we have to sit and wait. When it turns green I firmly pull out and then floor it which brings on wheelspin and the ESP, then I look over and notice he is on the gas and pulls slightly up on me. As my tires hook-up the car rockets forward and pulls him by several car lengths. I back out of it and he storms on by and I then pull off this road onto the road that leads to my home. One dead BMW M3 in my wake.

Last edited by speedybenz; 04-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wadafffuuuddge! Nice kill. I wonder what the dude had going through his mind when he saw a three generation old "c43" pull past him

Stay frosty though and drive safe! Most accidents tend to occur near home!
And if you don't mind me asking, what'd you do to your 4.3v8? Sitting in the garage? lol
Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Awesome

I never had doubts a W202 with a 5.4 and some light mods could keep up with the new M3
Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by speedybenz
Over the weekend I had been driving my car around so that I could get the Kleemann ECU program to settle in and relearn the needs of my engine. As the miles have rolled by I am finding the Kleemann program to be doing quite well with better uptake to acceleration, when I tip-in the throttle. The car seems to pull harder all the way through the powerband all the way to redline.

As I have two wide band O2 sensors working, one in the left bank and one in the right bank I have been monitering the AF ratios while I drive and making note of where the AF is perfect and where it needs some minor work, but mostly I am seeing that as I get more time on the ECU the inital problems are going away and the AF ratios are falling nicely into the 13.5:1 to 12.8:1 area.

So anyhow this M3 comes by me on the freeway and then slows down some and due to traffic I stay out of his way and take my offramp towards my house. I look into the mirror and notice he is right behind me and then the light turns red so we have to sit and wait. When it turns green I firmly pull out and then floor it which brings on wheelspin and the ESP, then I look over and notice he is on the gas and pulls slightly up on me. As my tires hook-up the car rockets forward and pulls him by several car lengths. I back out of it and he storms on by and I then pull off this road onto the road that leads to my home. One dead BMW M3 in my wake.
Good stuff Jeff! I am not surprised at all. Do you find that the Kleeman program works very well.? There was a time when they told me they would not do a SW upgrade for my car because I dropped in the 5.4L motor. Guess they do it now. And what did you request they do with the ECU? Price?

I had a similar experience against a Lexus IS-F that had to learn the hard way as well.