Saturday was a 1st for many things!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Saturday was a 1st for many things!!

So I got off work on saturday around 1:00pm and it was such a beautiful day I made plans with my wife to cruise down to the beach, about a 1 1/2 hour drive. On my way home I decided it was time to take my C43 on her maiden voyage THROUGH THE PASS to the beach. Now you might be asking what is "through the pass"?? I live in Portland, OR and to get to the beach from where I am you have to go over this "hill" which might as well be a mountain as by the time you have reached the top you have climbed 4000-5000 ft in elevation, needless to say half way you are going up the hill an the other half you are going down. The pass is curvy but you the slowest you would have to take any corner would be about 50-60 mph and there are LONG stretches where you could top out on a straight away that is MILES long.

By now you should understand WHY I wanted to take my C43 through the pass. Well I made it to the beach in about an hour (which is the fastest time I have ever clocked to the beach) when I arrived there were 2 AMG's (S55 and SL55) parked on broadway and I couldn't resist parking behind them to ADD to the beautiful shrine of AMG (I DONT KNOW WHY I DIDN'T SNAP A PIC, KICKING MYSELF RIGHT NOW!!). Me and my wife messed around in astoria and then seaside. By 7:00 pm I was heading back home and ran into a SRT-10 VIPER which wanted to "play". I just laughed and gave it a shot, used the old manumatic to bring it down to 3rd and then gunned it. My C43 was QUICKLY dispatched in a soul crushing fashion that I know so well as it is the same soul crushing fashion that I dish out to the ricer boys. Not that I had ANY doubt that I would get smoked, I just wanted to see how bad...... It was pretty bad. After the Viper DISAPPEARED I continued with my normal driving. I would like to mention this, my normal driving is about 5 -10 MPH OVER the speed limit. Cops around here USUALLY will not mess with you if you are 10mph or less over the speed limit. That being said I was on HWY 26 which is WIDE open and there were very few cars on the road and I was doing about 20mph over the speed limit.

I'm cruising along talking with my wife when out of the corner of my eye in the oncoming side traffic shoulder tucked away is a COP. This cop was GENIUS, he was on the other side of the road clocking cars from behind so my radar detector didn't pick him up until I passed him, which by that time was TOO LATE . As soon as I passed him and my radar detector lit up I knew I had been clocked speeding FOR SURE, and sure enough he whips out with his lights on and pulls me over. The cop is a STATE TROOPER which is a relief when I realize it because around here the troopers have bigger fish to fry and they usually make the traffic stop as quick and painless as possible. The cop asked me if I knew how fast I was going, I replied "I'm not quite sure" as I am not stupid enough to incriminate myself AND honestly I am not quite sure how fast HE caught me going. I KNOW I was doing close to 80mph and he tells me I was doing 77mph, I give him the L's & I's and less than 10 minutes later he's back giving me my ticket for $287 . He says I can come back to astoria for the court date or do it by mail, like I'm gonna drive 1 + hours to go to court, mail it is. So to make a long story short here are the 1st's that this thread is titled for:

1.) First maiden voyage to the beach with My C43
2.) First time "racing" a SRT-10 Viper
3.) First time getting over 120 mph in my C43
4.) First time getting SMOKED @ 120mph
5.) First time I have got a speeding ticket (seriously)
6.) First time I have been pulled over and had the cop respect me (I think it was the benz)

I have 2 kill stories from this trip, newer (05-07) Mustang GT ( by 90mph I was about 2 1/2 car lengths ahead) and a 2001 Volvo S60 Turbo (don't know what this guy was thinking as he got SMOOOOOKED!! ) I will post them in another thread
Old 06-06-2010, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Astoria is quite the quaint little town. We stopped there briefly during a cruise. BTW-What are "L" and "Is?"
Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Astoria is quite the quaint little town. We stopped there briefly during a cruise. BTW-What are "L" and "Is?"
"L"icense and "I"nsurance....... Yup Astoria is great, be sure to check out the bowpicker if you are into fish and chips, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! There is a hotel there called "hotel elliot" check that out too.

P.S. you drive one of my dream cars!!!! Hopefully in like 5-10 years I can pick one up with out losing an arm or a leg.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
P.S. you drive one of my dream cars!!!! Hopefully in like 5-10 years I can pick one up with out losing an arm or a leg.
My 190e??? LOL-I get it....thanks.

Seriously, the C43 is/was also one of my dream cars. I remember when we bought our first Benz, a new 1999 C230K Sport, there was a silver C43 with 2-tone interior in the showroom that I drooled over. Who knows, maybe one day, I will be able to pick one up. That would make me owning the only two NA V8s AMG in a C-Class. Your looks very clean....enjoy it and don't ever sell it.
Attached Thumbnails Saturday was a 1st for many things!!-img_2348.jpg  

Last edited by Sincity; 06-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Seriously, the C43 is/was also one of my dream cars. I remember when we bought our first Benz, a new 1999 C230K Sport, there was a silver C43 with 2-tone interior in the showroom that I drooled over. Who knows, maybe one day, I will be able to pick one up. That would make me owning the only two NA V8s AMG in a C-Class.
LOL WANNA TRADE???? I didn't even think about the fact that there are only 2 N/A c class's. I set the bar kinda high as the C43 IS my FIRST benz, next pony in the stables will be an '00 W210 E55, then I have my sights set on the C63. I told my wife I was going to amass a FLEET of AMGS, she was against it but after riding in my C43 she can't wait. To make it even easier on me SHE LOVES the W210 body style, WHAT LUCK.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Seriously, the C43 is/was also one of my dream cars. I remember when we bought our first Benz, a new 1999 C230K Sport, there was a silver C43 with 2-tone interior in the showroom that I drooled over. Who knows, maybe one day, I will be able to pick one up. That would make me owning the only two NA V8s AMG in a C-Class. Your looks very clean....enjoy it and don't ever sell it.
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
I told my wife I was going to amass a FLEET of AMGS, she was against it but after riding in my C43 she can't wait. To make it even easier on me SHE LOVES the W210 body style, WHAT LUCK.
Like I said, I would want a C43, but my wife is not too keen on me buying project cars.