C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Bavarian creations :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010 | 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Thumbs down Bavarian creations :(

So I ordered a new AMG trunk badge off of ebay from some guy (or company?) called bavariancreations.com. I have been emailing this entity for the last 3 days with no response.... The badge was $10 plus I did the express shipping for another $10 = $20 which I thought was a good deal compared to the $78 the dealership wants. I just want to know when I can expect to receive my trunk badge.... So this is the reason I even posted this thread: I looked up bavariancreations.com and the first thing that pops up is "Bavariancreations.com are crooks" which was less than reassuring to say the least. I read the thread and I guess some guy bought a CSL diffuser for his M3 and was under the impression it was going to come with 2 or 3 broken clips when in fact it came with all of the clips broken . Long story short, be careful who you are buying from and do the RESEARCH, $20 isn't a lot to lose but its the principal. I will keep you guys posted as to the outcome of my badge, I hope it comes soon (if at all).
Old 06-29-2010 | 05:00 AM
Banned

Hey budski.
Did you check out the sellers feedback score?
Always click the ratings close to the name of the seller!
If he had many negative ratings, DON'T EVER BUY FROM SUCH CROOK!
Lucky it was only 20 dollars if he cheats you, but it's bad for his future binizz when you give him A very negative feedback!
Lier lier pants on fire!
Old 06-29-2010 | 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
I agree, always do some basic checks before clicking the button "Purchase" unless you know the supplier of goods.
Old 06-29-2010 | 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Is the badge for the C43 the newer AMG style, or is it the 1-piece style from the C36?
Old 06-29-2010 | 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Don't know as my car was debadged from delivery.
Old 06-29-2010 | 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chappy
Is the badge for the C43 the newer AMG style, or is it the 1-piece style from the C36?
It's the C43 badge.... I think he had the older blocked out C36 style, that is if this is even legit....
Old 06-29-2010 | 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
It's the C43 badge.... I think he had the older blocked out C36 style, that is if this is even legit....
UPDATE:
So I finally received an email confirming my order had been shipped..... Funny though as it stated that the buyer will ship within 24 hours and it appears that he just shipped it today which is 4 days AFTER I ordered it. Granted I ordered it on saturday so I understand not shipping it over the weekend as it is coming priority mail but he could of shipped it on monday right???

I will keep you guys posted
Old 07-02-2010 | 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:
So I finally received an email confirming my order had been shipped..... Funny though as it stated that the buyer will ship within 24 hours and it appears that he just shipped it today which is 4 days AFTER I ordered it. Granted I ordered it on saturday so I understand not shipping it over the weekend as it is coming priority mail but he could of shipped it on monday right???

I will keep you guys posted
I checked the user feed back and there are over 4000+ that have fed back about this guy and he has a 97% positive feed back??!!?!!?? I was supposed to receive the badge today at the latest and low and behold NO BADGE!! I gave the guy a bad feedback and complained to Ebay. I am going to see if I can get my $$$ back for the shipping. I will keep you guys posted when/IF I ever receive the badge.
Old 07-03-2010 | 09:21 AM
Banned

I checked the user feed back and there are over 4000+ that have fed back about this guy and he has a 97% positive feed back??!!?!!?? I was supposed to receive the badge today at the latest and low and behold NO BADGE!! I gave the guy a bad feedback and complained to Ebay. I am going to see if I can get my $$$ back for the shipping. I will keep you guys posted when/IF I ever receive the badge.
you are to fast to make complaints to fleabay.
the package wasn't maybe sent immediately?
giving him a negative feedback until you have recieved your stuff??
you didn't even give him a chance buddy!
maybe he was sick or something, he couldn't ship the same day!

Sh-- happens you know!
That's Murphy's Law!
Old 07-03-2010 | 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kowalski
you are to fast to make complaints to fleabay.
the package wasn't maybe sent immediately?
giving him a negative feedback until you have recieved your stuff??
you didn't even give him a chance buddy!
maybe he was sick or something, he couldn't ship the same day!

Sh-- happens you know!
That's Murphy's Law!
I was thinking the same thing but then I thought "this guy has my email" it took him 4 days to respond to a question. As far as not giving him a chance I sent a total of 4 emails to him without 1 response. At any point in time if this guy wasn't able to follow through on advertisements that HE posted (shipped within 24 hours was advertised) then he should of shot me an email. To me its like one of my employees not showing up to work for 4 days without calling in and then he comes stumbling through the door saying he had some emergency or was sick..... Pick up a phone and call or shoot me an email. The only reason I bought from this guy was the 24 hour shipped and express delivery of 2-3 days, it was false advertisement plain and simple. Day 8 and I am still waiting. There was a guy who posted a negative feed back a couple days ago saying the same thing, he still hasn't received his item
Old 07-03-2010 | 11:56 AM
Banned

I was thinking the same thing but then I thought "this guy has my email" it took him 4 days to respond to a question. As far as not giving him a chance I sent a total of 4 emails to him without 1 response. At any point in time if this guy wasn't able to follow through on advertisements that HE posted (shipped within 24 hours was advertised) then he should of shot me an email. To me its like one of my employees not showing up to work for 4 days without calling in and then he comes stumbling through the door saying he had some emergency or was sick..... Pick up a phone and call or shoot me an email. The only reason I bought from this guy was the 24 hour shipped and express delivery of 2-3 days, it was false advertisement plain and simple. Day 8 and I am still waiting. There was a guy who posted a negative feed back a couple days ago saying the same thing, he still hasn't received his item
maybe dat MF---ing seller dropped dead?
IF YOU DON'T get your stuff, you are covered by ebay paypal insurance!
Old 07-03-2010 | 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:
I Finally got confirmation through the tracking number the guy sent me. It was processed in New Hampshire yesterday!!!! I will be surprised if I see it on Monday which will be day 10..... Remember payment was received on the 25th and was supposed to be shipped out within 24 hours with express shipping (2-3 days) making a total of 4 days from ship to receive. If you want to throw in an extra day for Sunday that would make 5 days, here we are on day 8, I checked the mail and no delivery. God I HATE terrible customer service. I sent this guy an email 3 days ago and still no reply, NEVER buy from this guy even though he has a good rating he has TERRIBLE customer service and does not live up to his advertisements. I hope the badge is what I am expecting or I will be even more pissed.....
Old 07-03-2010 | 07:39 PM
Banned

UPDATE:
I Finally got confirmation through the tracking number the guy sent me. It was processed in New Hampshire yesterday!!!! I will be surprised if I see it on Monday which will be day 10..... Remember payment was received on the 25th and was supposed to be shipped out within 24 hours with express shipping (2-3 days) making a total of 4 days from ship to receive. If you want to throw in an extra day for Sunday that would make 5 days, here we are on day 8, I checked the mail and no delivery. God I HATE terrible customer service. I sent this guy an email 3 days ago and still no reply, NEVER buy from this guy even though he has a good rating he has TERRIBLE customer service and does not live up to his advertisements. I hope the badge is what I am expecting or I will be even more pissed.....
NEGATIVE is da word posted on Fleabay feedback rating!
Old 07-04-2010 | 09:35 AM

2000 C230 Kompressor Sport
I had a similar experience with a seller in eBay. I ordered the Roof Antenna Kit (rubber tip & rubber gasket) for $29 something. Although his ratings were 98% and had sold over a thousand items, the antenna kit came in after 4 weeks of waiting. I almost forgot all about it. I just found out that the seller's warehouse got on fire and the paperworks got messed up and they had to retrace all their accounts. The seller called and apologized sincerely and told what had happened.

Had I been impatient and impulsive, I could have easily given him a negative feedback which I believe, he does not deserve.
Old 07-04-2010 | 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jovsky
I had a similar experience with a seller in eBay. I ordered the Roof Antenna Kit (rubber tip & rubber gasket) for $29 something. Although his ratings were 98% and had sold over a thousand items, the antenna kit came in after 4 weeks of waiting. I almost forgot all about it. I just found out that the seller's warehouse got on fire and the paperworks got messed up and they had to retrace all their accounts. The seller called and apologized sincerely and told what had happened.

Had I been impatient and impulsive, I could have easily given him a negative feedback which I believe, he does not deserve.
of course anything can happen.
you have to give the seller a chance to ship the stuff to you
giving negative feedback at once isn't very nice.
stuff can get delayed at the customs if they come from outside US.
give it a few weeks and then start worrying about giving negative feedback!

about your roof antenna.
was it an original MB part?
I have retrofitted an navigator from MB to my car so I need the nipple antenna on my roof to make it complete.

can you post a snapshot of your roof?
link the seller from ebay.
thanx
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

of course anything can happen.
you have to give the seller a chance to ship the stuff to you
giving negative feedback at once isn't very nice.
stuff can get delayed at the customs if they come from outside US.
give it a few weeks and then start worrying about giving negative feedback!

about your roof antenna.
I have retrofitted an navigator from MB to my car so I need the nipple antenna on my roof to make it complete.

thanx
type "bavariancreations" into google...... clearly I am not the only one dissatisfied. The part is coming from within the US so there is no customs delay. This guy simply didn't send it within 24 hours as advertised which is confirmed by the tracking number, he sent it 4 days after payment was received. IMO I had the right to post a negetive feed back after 48 hours of the product not being shipped as it is false advertisement. I paid extra to have it express shipped, what a waste of $$$$
Old 07-04-2010 | 11:24 AM
Banned

type "bavariancreations" into google...... clearly I am not the only one dissatisfied. The part is coming from within the US so there is no customs delay. This guy simply didn't send it within 24 hours as advertised which is confirmed by the tracking number, he sent it 4 days after payment was received. IMO I had the right to post a negetive feed back after 48 hours of the product not being shipped as it is false advertisement. I paid extra to have it express shipped, what a waste of $$$$
yeah, you can call it false advertising if he doesn't ship within 24hrs!
you have the fully right giving him a negative rating!
he jipped you for shipping cost.
that's another reason giving him a lousy rating!
Old 07-04-2010 | 04:47 PM

about your roof antenna.

thanx
First of all, my apologies to Jason for "stealing" his original post and shifting to Mercedes Roof Antenna Kit. I just need to reply to kowalski for his inquiry. Sorry my friend.

Kowalski, I checked the seller's eBay site and I don't think they still sell the MB roof antenna kit as it says, "This listing has ended". Maybe they ran out of stock, or whatever. I don't know if it was an original MB part or a replacement. All I wanted was to complete my car. Nevertheless, there are a lot of sellers selling the same item. The only reason I bought from this company is because their cost was the cheapest among them. Anyway, I am putting the link so you have an idea and also, I am inserting the image of my car's roof antenna.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180514335078

Old 07-04-2010 | 05:34 PM
Banned

First of all, my apologies to Jason for "stealing" his original post and shifting to Mercedes Roof Antenna Kit. I just need to reply to kowalski for his inquiry. Sorry my friend.

Kowalski, I checked the seller's eBay site and I don't think they still sell the MB roof antenna kit as it says, "This listing has ended". Maybe they ran out of stock, or whatever. I don't know if it was an original MB part or a replacement. All I wanted was to complete my car. Nevertheless, there are a lot of sellers selling the same item. The only reason I bought from this company is because their cost was the cheapest among them. Anyway, I am putting the link so you have an idea and also, I am inserting the image of my car's roof antenna.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180514335078

thanx man for the picture.
this hub looks to be an original part!
do you have an MB navigator in your car?

did you have the original factory antanna installed at the centre rear part of the roof before you bought the new hub with antenna sprout?

The hub how did you install it?
did you have to glue it on?

The hub and antenna:
What's the difference between both antennas?
meaning a non fitted navigator car-
and a factory fitted navigation car?

A non fitted navigation car with standard centre roof antenna, can this hubcover and antenna stump work as an antenna for a retrofitted navigator in a Benz?
thanx man

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 07-04-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2010 | 12:14 AM

Kowalski, I believe this is an original MB equipment installed in 2000 W202's and some W210's. They are installed at the rear center of the roof. When I bought the car, the black rubber antenna was missing probably due to normal wear and tear. Only the base (or hub as you call it) is left on the roof.

Like I said, the base (hub) is factory installed by MB. Inside it are chip (micro circuit board), diodes, & wires and the connector for the antenna. To install the rubber antenna, you need to unscrew the top using an allen wrench. After you remove the cover base, slide the bottom portion of the new rubber antenna in the hole until it locks in place. The rubber antenna may be too hard to insert in the hole so I put a lubricant to make it easier. After that, attach the new black gasket rubber sealant on the base of the cover. Return the cover back in its location and tighten the screw with an allen wrench.

No, I do not have any navigation in my car. This antenna is installed by MB for the GPS Tracking Device of the car in case the car gets stolen.

With regards to your last question:
"The hub and antenna:
What's the difference between both antennas?
meaning a non fitted navigator car-
and a factory fitted navigation car?

A non fitted navigation car with standard centre roof antenna, can this hubcover and antenna stump work as an antenna for a retrofitted navigator in a Benz?"

I really do not have the answer to that since my car does not have any navigation. All I know is that this antenna is used as a GPS tracking locator of the car in case the car gets stolen.

On the side note: I've seen at PepBoys an antenna that looks like this one and painted black but does nothing. It is just purely aesthetic and does not have any function. It has a magnet on the base so you can put it on your roof and it won't fall off. So if you want to have a roof antenna and do not want to drill the roof, this antenna is okay. But like I said, it does not do anything except as a decoration.
Old 07-05-2010 | 03:48 AM
Banned

Hey man.
I was thinking of buying the same hub you have on your roof and putting it over my standard non gps hub antenna.
I thought maybe there was a sensor or something in the hub that worked together with the antenna.
I guess I'm wrong?
So I bought an universal GPS antenna and I put it inside my dash, I still use my standard roof antanna.

I have inserted 2 pictures I took from internet.
These are not from my car.
Pic 1 antenna looks the same as on my car, standard short stump!
Pic 2 is the same type of navigator I retrofitted to my car MB APS 30.

So now u understand why I want the hub, to make my car look complete as factory supplied navigator and this little cool gps hub on the roof.

Thanks

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 09-14-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2010 | 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't like that hex headed screw on the top. Doesn't look very MB pro design IMO unless it was designed on a Monday morning after a "heavy" week-end
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:31 PM

You're right DRBC43AMG, I don't like the design too especially with the hex screw, but it came installed from the MB factory so I can't do anything much. Plus, those rubber antenna get brittle over time and easily breaks up. But when they released the W204, they changed the design using plastic shaped like a sharks fin with no screws appearing anywhere. Looks more awesome.

Kowalski, I am sensing that my type of antenna is not factory installed in your area as you have a different kind of antenna. Boy, I did not know that MB installs different specs. I thought that the parts are all the same with the exception of the plate frames where the euro plates are more longer (rectangular) than the US sized plates.

Okay guys, so much for the antenna issues, as I don't like 503C43 ////AMG to get mad at me for "stealing" his original post. Really sorry bro!

If you need any more clarification on the antenna, just PM me.
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're right DRBC43AMG, I don't like the design too especially with the hex screw, but it came installed from the MB factory so I can't do anything much. Plus, those rubber antenna get brittle over time and easily breaks up. But when they released the W204, they changed the design using plastic shaped like a sharks fin with no screws appearing anywhere. Looks more awesome.

Kowalski, I am sensing that my type of antenna is not factory installed in your area as you have a different kind of antenna. Boy, I did not know that MB installs different specs. I thought that the parts are all the same with the exception of the plate frames where the euro plates are more longer (rectangular) than the US sized plates.

Okay guys, so much for the antenna issues, as I don't like 503C43 ////AMG to get mad at me for "stealing" his original post. Really sorry bro!

If you need any more clarification on the antenna, just PM me.
I was wondering why you guys weren't PMing each other regarding this subject but at the same time I have been guilty of thread jacking in the past plus this thread was really just a vent for me and a warning to everyone else so it's not really a big deal. On another subject I have the "shark fin" on my C43, are you saying this is for GPS if my car is stolen? I thought it was for the integrated phone but I could be wrong.
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:48 PM

Yo bro! I really don't know much with your car's antenna function but mine's is for the GPS locator of the car, but you have to subscribe with MB to get this activated. Mine is not active since I don't want to pay for the service. So basically, mine is pure aesthetic. Come to think of it, I have an option on the MB radio for the integrated phone but the phone is not there physically plus I have a button for the SOS in case of an accident (again you have to subscribe to MB for it). Maybe the integrated phone also using my antenna.

By the way, did your sharks fin antenna came factory installed from the dealer? Do you have a pic of it? Now I am getting a lot of info and insights in this forum. This is good to know!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bavarian creations :(