C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

F**k, my car got hit again!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
last a minivan with jacked rear for disability hardware "bumped" into the front of my car, the hood, radiator, front cross support, headlights, and all needed to be repaired. nothing happened to his car. darn height difference.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
By the way dude, make sure that you take it to a certified collision center because one thing you should know, now a days the paint used to re-paint cars are water based and no longer solvent types (EPA regulations) and so when you get you car painted make sure when they blend the fenders to make sure the color match is good because even if you try, these days it is very difficult to color match non-water base painted panels to solvent painted panels with difficult colors because of drying time and correctly mixing the formula. Just a tip of advice for you if you intent to do a future complete paint job. and make sure they use Factory seam sealant for the hood to avoid corrosion and do paint complete underside using corrosion protection primer and not that cheap primer some so-so shop use to avoid spending on materials.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Tony_AMG
By the way dude, make sure that you take it to a certified collision center because one thing you should know, now a days the paint used to re-paint cars are water based and no longer solvent types (EPA regulations) and so when you get you car painted make sure when they blend the fenders to make sure the color match is good because even if you try, these days it is very difficult to color match non-water base painted panels to solvent painted panels with difficult colors because of drying time and correctly mixing the formula. Just a tip of advice for you if you intent to do a future complete paint job. and make sure they use Factory seam sealant for the hood to avoid corrosion and do paint complete underside using corrosion protection primer and not that cheap primer some so-so shop use to avoid spending on materials.
thanks for the heads up, but i dont know if you read my thread about a month ago where my car got hit buy this lady on the drivers side, and my neighbor painted it for me and I can't tell a difference, he got the paint from MB dealership! He is going to use the same paint for this accident!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:13 AM

1999 C43 AMG
Well tomorrow I am going to go see the paint dept and see what materials we use cause i can't remember the name of the brand. I will try to post up the info of factory approved paint materials and supplies for Mercedes-Benz vehicles so u know. our shop has been doing Mercedes-Benz for 31 years come this December 21st, but i only have been there 3 lol so I am more into the parts / office accounting stuff / assistant to shop foreman.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Tony_AMG
Well tomorrow I am going to go see the paint dept and see what materials we use cause i can't remember the name of the brand. I will try to post up the info of factory approved paint materials and supplies for Mercedes-Benz vehicles so u know. our shop has been doing Mercedes-Benz for 31 years come this December 21st, but i only have been there 3 lol so I am more into the parts / office accounting stuff / assistant to shop foreman.
sounds great man, thank you very much for the info!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 AM

1999 C43 AMG
hey man sorry to get to you late but it;s real busy at our shop so no time for my things on the side. Spies Hecker is MB Approved Paint / Dupont should do i for any MB car being restored or repainted.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPS C43 AMG, E36 M3, MK3 GTi VR6, 66 FORD F100, 85 FORD F250, 04 GSXR
Ouch! Sorry to hear. Glad you were able to get everything sorted out with their insurance!