C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

K & N filters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
K & N filters

Hey guys there has been a few recent topics on K & N filters in ours C43's. just wanted to chime in and report that i installed some K&N's yesterday in my car and it runs great for the money i would defintaly reccoment the mod. the most noticable thing for me was the deepening of the engine sound. the car does feel to be breathing better as for performance increase you would have to really dyno to see but possible a few hp but really nothing thats going to be significantly noticable, but definatly reccommend the swap as said car does feel and sound better cheers
Old 12-30-2010, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
I also notice a deepening in sound from the addition of aftermarket filters. I run BMC's.

I feel like they help when the air is very cool; especially when it's cool and dry. The car feels more responsive with them compared to stock paper filters that come in the C63.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Stg3 B5S4-C55 AMG
That's just a placebo and wishful thinking on your part.

Its been proven time and time again that hi grade OEM paper filters flow more air/cfm's than the gauze material in K&N filters.

The only convenience to KN is that they can be re-used.

Also,the K&N oil that flies into your Maf's nichrome wire will most likely cause a CEL or other issues down the road.

IMHO- the only worthwhile mod to a C43 is to swap in a 55 motor. Anything else ,,...pissin into the wind comes to mind.

Truth be told, I'd enjoy the car for what it is, any more power to the tranny and you run the risk of grenading it....unless you have a final year model.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 PM

C43 AMG
thats a nice opinion you have there, i was simply posting to share my experience of installing the K&N filters in the car for others who may be considering doing this. As for putting more power through the tranny i feel you are grosly mis informed if you feel that K&N filters will cause such a dramatic power increase to cause transmission issues. and not all of us are fortunate to be in the position of being about to just drop 55 motors in our cars for various reasons, so if people want to mod their cars how they wish then so be it. "to each their own"
Old 12-31-2010, 05:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Stg3 B5S4-C55 AMG
Originally Posted by amg801
thats a nice opinion you have there( not really its proven fact), i was simply posting to share my experience of installing the K&N filters in the car for others who may be considering doing this. As for putting more power through the tranny i feel you are grosly mis informed if you feel that K&N filters will cause such a dramatic power increase to cause transmission issues.( LOL! I wasn't talking about the power gains from the filter, but from the 55 swap )and not all of us are fortunate to be in the position of being about to just drop 55 motors in our cars for various reasons, so if people want to mod their cars how they wish then so be it. "to each their own"
Hey- didn't mean to come off the wrong way, just trying to save your Maf and hard earned money. And you're absolutely right, to each his own as far as modding cars.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:02 PM

C43 AMG
No No im sorry also if it sounded harsh your totally right about the Maf and thanks for you input hopefully i will haveenough $$ to upgrade cars by that time ,need more power!!!!! ahhhh
Old 12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Eurocharged tune will make you car feel different for around $500.