C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Has anyone installed a Schatz brand grill?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 C43
Has anyone installed a Schatz brand grill?

I'm looking to put a W210 E320 or avant guard style grill on my car. I don't want the cheap ebay one's because, apparently they don't mount with all the stock bolts and clips and aren't as good quality as OEM. I want to keep my surround and just replace the insert to retain the quality of the OEM surround.

There's a vendor on ebay that just started selling a Schatz brand grill insert, which they advertise as 'made in Germany'. Anyone have any experience with this grill or Schatz in general? The price is about $180, so it's not cheap, and I'm not assuming that a higher price equals quality or that this grill is even really made in Germany. Schatz does have it's own website and they have a few W202 styling parts that look decent. It does appear to be German based...

I believe that the OEM '03-'06 W210 E320 grill insert will work with trimming, but that's even more expensive and I haven't read how well it actually mounts up to our W202 grill surround.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited by John-in-Dallas; 01-10-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by John-in-Dallas
I'm looking to put a W210 E320 or avant guard style grill on my car. I don't want the cheap ebay one's because, apparently they don't mount with all the stock bolts and clips and aren't as good quality as OEM. I want to keep my surround and just replace the insert to retain the quality of the OEM surround.

There's a vendor on ebay that just started selling a Schatz brand grill insert, which they advertise as 'made in Germany'. Anyone have any experience with this grill or Schatz in general? The price is about $180, so it's not cheap, and I'm not assuming that a higher price equals quality or that this grill is even really made in Germany. Schatz does have it's own website and they have a few W202 styling parts that look decent. It does appear to be German based...

I believe that the OEM '03-'06 W210 E320 grill insert will work with trimming, but that's even more expensive and I haven't read how well it actually mounts up to our W202 grill surround.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Schaetz grilles are probably made in Germany or China hopefully not!
It's a german based company.
Fleabay crap grilles are bad, all bolts doesn't fit on the hood, grilles strips in chrome fades and looks nasty DON'T BUY THAT garbage!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Firemist O5 CLK55 Cab Silver 05 CLK55 Coupe Tanzanite 06 CLK500 Coupe
they are very nice

they adhese over the existing slats for an sl style look
just be advised that they ding pretty easily from flying rocks

i got them at a huge discount from 'retail'
Old 01-10-2011, 11:12 PM

C43
I have had luck with the Ebay ones. I have bought 3 for the various 202's I had. $70.00 to keep your stock frame. Save your money, its a plastic thing.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 AM

C43 AMG
i got a replica grill from a company near me in Australia and although it wasnt horrible i ended up getting a genuine avantgaurd grill from the dealership, it cost like 3 times as much but i was much happier witht he quality of it and the way it looked. and these copy grill are not exact replicats of the origionals because i matched the 2 grills up against eachother when i had then and the actual shape and taper of the grills was different. anyway sorry for ranting on but that has been my experience with the whole grill issue