C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

AMG hood emblem measurement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
AMG hood emblem measurement

A condensed summary of my problem:

Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Attachment 203460

Received the emblem and tried fitting it to my 43. No way it fits like in the pic below (it is not a W202 but you get the idea). The emblem has a diameter of 46mm and the Star is 44mm, so the 2mm difference makes it impossible to get it to recess correctly into the hood Got back to the seller who told me to get it to a body shop for fitting as the emblem fits both W202 and W203's. Now, if I can dismantle the Star among other DIY mechanical chores, I don't need an body shop to place the emblem in the hood recess and screw everything together from the inside of the hood The emblem is foolproof to put together, so where have I gone wrong? I assembled like in the picture below (the bottom side is shown here which is supposedly to fit in the hood recess) and stuck the badge on the other side (which also holds the screw in place). If I don't find the answer, I will get the emblem on a lathe and turn down the piece to 44mm diameter, but what a pain for a simple operation.
Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks
Thanks for the support, but I don't have a solution apart from reducing the diameter, as NO WAY am I going to touch the hood to make it fit. So does certainly looks like there may have been a small **** up on the sellers side.
Anybody here with a W202 fitted with this emblem? If so, could you kindly measure the diameter and post here
Bump! Does anybody have the info??
So, again I ask, does anybody have the measurement handy??