Benefits of a supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
Benefits of a supercharger

Well, it's been a while since I drove my car much. Finally got around to getting it out of storage and getting it going over the last week. After I got everything sorted out (new fluids, new battery, drained gas and replaced, got my cooling system working passably etc. etc.) the moment arrived when I actually got on the gas...

The adrenaline didn't go away for at least 3 hours.

I think I need to make a video or something to share it with ya'll. I know the "55" swap makes good power reliably, but there is something incredibly compelling about the sound and power delivery from the Eaton. The car just goes from totally normal subdued german V8 to ridiculous so quickly. It's the night and day effect that makes it particularly incredible.

The performance/power aside- it's just such a beautiful/timeless design. Hope you all are happy with your cars too!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 261 Likes on 221 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by silence
Well, it's been a while since I drove my car much. Finally got around to getting it out of storage and getting it going over the last week. After I got everything sorted out (new fluids, new battery, drained gas and replaced, got my cooling system working passably etc. etc.) the moment arrived when I actually got on the gas...

The adrenaline didn't go away for at least 3 hours.

I think I need to make a video or something to share it with ya'll. I know the "55" swap makes good power reliably, but there is something incredibly compelling about the sound and power delivery from the Eaton. The car just goes from totally normal subdued german V8 to ridiculous so quickly. It's the night and day effect that makes it particularly incredible.

The performance/power aside- it's just such a beautiful/timeless design. Hope you all are happy with your cars too!
Well, now that you have got us all wet with anticipation, deliver us some vids please
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Well, now that you have got us all wet with anticipation, deliver us some vids please
+1 vids are NEEDED
Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
..on the topic of SC whine the best of it was a couple years ago after I originally installed it I had what seemed to be a Valvoline type tech tell me what the sound was. Seriously, pulled into the grocery store and cranked on it a little taking the corner. Guy walks twenty thirty so he can say "sweet ride" and that it sounds like I've got some pretty serious belt issues and that he is a technician. That and it also sounds as if an idler/drive pulley may be going and is in danger of shearing off......needless to say it was the blower I just put on Thanks for the diagnostic valvo tech!!

You should post a video so there is more than just the 2yr old one that I posted hearing the SC whine.