C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Updates on my 36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
Cool Updates on my 36

Last I talked about my car on here, I was on the side of a highway.... If you remember that thread My Baby's Down I was in quite a predicament. The first two pictures are from that accident, showing an artsy photo of the police lights and the wheel at an ungodly angle, and the other showing the actual LSA snapped at the weld (rusty from the inside). Got that all fixed up and a few months later, questioned why the driver's side wheel was towards the back of the wheel well instead of in the center and rubbing on the fender. Figured it was the deformed fender from the aforementioned accident and started cutting away at the fender to relieve the pressure on the tyre. After driving it more, realizing it was still there and digging up my tyre with the newly sharpened fender, i decided to have a look underneath. Turned out the mounting bracket for the LCA on the frame had separated since the accident as you can see in the third picture. Had that replaced and beefed up. In the time between those two repairs I managed to find the money to get the shocks and finally install the shocks and Vogtlands. Nice and low now. Decided to follow JasssC and do the PlastiDip wheels because I was planning to replace them after one was bent in the accident. It was nice and Darth Vader-tastic for a few days, then I took it off the grill because I didn't like it as much as I thought, then my new wheels came
Attached Thumbnails Updates on my 36-spike-strip.jpg   Updates on my 36-ouch.jpg   Updates on my 36-bracket.jpg   Updates on my 36-white-but-low.jpg   Updates on my 36-bb-wheel.jpg  

Updates on my 36-wheel-boxes.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 AM

More

Here's a comparison photo for the before suspension drop, and to show how dirty the benz got last winter after my many travels up north for auditions.

More dirty

The most miles on an AMG ever??!

More with the black

Attached is a pic of the new Brabus VI replica wheel, and a couple more of the Murdered out days
Attached Thumbnails Updates on my 36-wheel.jpg   Updates on my 36-b-grille.jpg   Updates on my 36-black-xenon.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 AM

Next

Next up was the custom brushed aluminum interior trim. I went in wanting to get genuine aluminum, but that would have been mad pricey, and caused many changes to be made because it couldn't be the same shape, couldn't have the contours the trim has now, and would cause way too many headaches. So I went with a new paint for an aluminum look, then had the shop brush it, and coat it.
Along with upgrades I also had to get a whole new parking brake kit, new alternator, new Electronic Throttle Body (ow!), couple new bushings here and there, new lug bolts for the new wheels so I didn't destroy any more parking brakes, plus a few other odds and ends, and I just picked up my re-covered sunshade today. Along with a couple other things i picked up for it (SS brake lines, new caliper paint, front pads, and a new vacuum check valve to try and get rid of the P0400 CEL) this car is one pampered, money-sucking, well serviced (well, fixed ) automobile.

In some lights it looks obviously painted

But in most lights it looks pretty damn near genuine.
I miss the wood sometimes, but love the sportier look that fits the wheels and my driving style, and I love it because it's not the stock wood, and it's not CF or black which every other person seems to do.

new wheels mounted

New hight after suspension and new 18" wheels. Never rubs even with 3 people in the car, and I'm on the stock pads

Just a little bit of editing

And to finish off, just a little shot I got of my 8000K xenons, 3000K HELLA fog lights (the ones inside the headlight housing) and the moon.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:15 AM

Now the only thing left to buy is a C43!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
man you must have been scared to death when the LCA snapped??
did you drive fast when it happened?
I'm glad you're ok.

you mention LCA snapped at the welding, is there any compartment for water collecting, there should be drain holes?
LCA must have rusted from the inside and out?

you say you drive your car in winter, LCA was it badly worn from rust?

your car in top shape now?

I had my LCA changed recently but that was only for performance.

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 07-26-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by kowalski
man you must have been scared to death when the LCA snapped??
did you drive fast when it happened?
I'm glad you're ok.

you mention LCA snapped at the welding, is there any compartment for water collecting, there should be drain holes?
LCA must have rusted from the inside and out?

you say you drive your car in winter, LCA was it badly worn from rust?

your car in top shape now?

I had my LCA changed recently but that was only for performance.

Was going about 70mph over a bridge on a two-lane highway that carries a lot of trucks. The LCA rusted from the inside out. The wider part, further behind the wheel where it pivots and stuff, is quite open on the bottom side, so it will get wet, but should drain out with out a problem. Though I spose over the years that moisture crept down the inside of the LCA and sat as close to the wheel as it could, where there are no drainage holes, and no way anyone could inspect it and see the rust forming, so with 200K miles on it, and many winters around New York, North Carolina and around up north, it was only time before this happened. Although, I had the other side meticulously looked over and it didn't show the same signs of wear and rust.
Car's almost in top shape now. Still have to replace the fender because when the LCA broke, the wheel was sandwiched against the ground and the top of the fender, so I now I have a wide body!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
Do this ASAP:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/herita...unity/overview
Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 218 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by jumph4x
Wow have you seen the record mileage?? I'll never get that in the years remaining, but I'm getting close to the first award
Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Wow have you seen the record mileage?? I'll never get that in the years remaining, but I'm getting close to the first award
Its very easy: just never stop the engine and make sure to change oil before any serious oil shear happens. You will be amazed to witness what stable temperature and oil pressure can do. We're talking seal longevity, engine compression and who knows what.

I mean it.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1996 Mercedes C36 AMG
Oh man, how much I hate you hahah I am soo jealous of your new choices. Your original plastdipped wheels are twins to mine and your new brabus vi are my dream wheels! Plus I now love the brushed aluminum!
Congratulations! You have one spectacular car

I have an update thread coming soon,
I have new tint, tinted tails, black everything, and my resonator was finally ripped out and "holy s***" I love it
Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 218 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by jumph4x
Its very easy: just never stop the engine and make sure to change oil before any serious oil shear happens. You will be amazed to witness what stable temperature and oil pressure can do. We're talking seal longevity, engine compression and who knows what.

I mean it.
Yeah, and why do taxi drivers get to such high mileage figures? Simple, the engine never gets cold. The most damage done to any engine or moving part is poor or lack or proper lubrication on start-up
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
99 c43,90 mustang gt supercharged convertible,07 acura tl type s, Hummer H3t pickup
Originally Posted by nd4spd13
Next up was the custom brushed aluminum interior trim. I went in wanting to get genuine aluminum, but that would have been mad pricey, and caused many changes to be made because it couldn't be the same shape, couldn't have the contours the trim has now, and would cause way too many headaches. So I went with a new paint for an aluminum look, then had the shop brush it, and coat it.
Along with upgrades I also had to get a whole new parking brake kit, new alternator, new Electronic Throttle Body (ow!), couple new bushings here and there, new lug bolts for the new wheels so I didn't destroy any more parking brakes, plus a few other odds and ends, and I just picked up my re-covered sunshade today. Along with a couple other things i picked up for it (SS brake lines, new caliper paint, front pads, and a new vacuum check valve to try and get rid of the P0400 CEL) this car is one pampered, money-sucking, well serviced (well, fixed ) automobile.

In some lights it looks obviously painted

But in most lights it looks pretty damn near genuine.
I miss the wood sometimes, but love the sportier look that fits the wheels and my driving style, and I love it because it's not the stock wood, and it's not CF or black which every other person seems to do.

new wheels mounted

New hight after suspension and new 18" wheels. Never rubs even with 3 people in the car, and I'm on the stock pads

Just a little bit of editing

And to finish off, just a little shot I got of my 8000K xenons, 3000K HELLA fog lights (the ones inside the headlight housing) and the moon.
Love the rims where you get them from and what size/offset?