C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

New owner C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C300 4matic
New owner C43

just picked up my C43 , 1998 black color, high miles (193K ) but with tons of maintenance done to it. Bought it of my relative and he had it for 3 years. Car needs few more things done and will be in nice shape.

I have one issue that i need to fix asap. When i lock the car with new key , fuse burned few times this week and car locks. Lights blink but door stays locked. I replaced yesterday with 30V (green fuse ) and it burned. So what could be issue here ? I did open the windows with that key , hold the button for 5 seconds and windows opened so i was able to open the doors. thanks for any info.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by CT320
just picked up my C43 , 1998 black color, high miles (193K ) but with tons of maintenance done to it. Bought it of my relative and he had it for 3 years. Car needs few more things done and will be in nice shape.

I have one issue that i need to fix asap. When i lock the car with new key , fuse burned few times this week and car locks. Lights blink but door stays locked. I replaced yesterday with 30V (green fuse ) and it burned. So what could be issue here ? I did open the windows with that key , hold the button for 5 seconds and windows opened so i was able to open the doors. thanks for any info.
Welcome to the club

I have not heard of anyone else with that issue, wish I could be more help
Old 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM

C43
Originally Posted by CT320

I think the doors lock/unlock with a vacuum? I am guessing you may have a crack or loose hose? Why it would pop a fuse IDK? Is there anything hard wired into box wrong? I assume 30v is spec. You could always put a larger fuse see what happens. 30V seems high is its only running the locks.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:10 PM

2006 C55
You have a short in the vacum motor, or the wiring to it.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 PM

09 C300 4matic
After replacing fuse last time , i didnt have any more issues with locking. I hope it stays that way.

Now after a week of driving my 43 , last night driving on I-95S ( CT ) i drove over some heavy metal object that was in left lane and car took a hit under. I made it to NYC and after parking my car i took a look under. Tranny fluid came out and pan was busted. Also the force of the impact damaged the exhaust , which basically bend it to a point that flow was cut on half. I was sad but also so amazed of the strength of the Benz. It was a loud bang , considering that i was doing 75mph and that car made another 40 miles without any problems until i parked the car and seen the damage. Car is already getting repaired and will be done tomorrow. I feel that i made right buy after this incident and i will be doing nice winter project to make this car showroom condition.

Tints are done , and i wanted opinion on deleting secondary cats since tomorrow i will be doing welding on exhaust repair. I will leave resonator for now but i was wondering the HP gain and sound. Can i get maybe 10HP and will the sound be deeper ? Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Do a quick search but IIRC you may loose a little low end torque and free up some power for the top end. Sounds will be better with both removed but not LOUD... Makes more of a presents than the stock set up for sure. Enjoy and post pictures. Even if its not ready. Gives us all an idea of where your starting and how far you have come once you got her "show room ready". ;-)