C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Rattle in the rear deck area (from bass)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Silver C43
Rattle in the rear deck area (from bass)

I noticed that we semi touched up on this topic in the picture thread (wrong spot to do it) but wanted to get everyones attention on this.

The third brake light does make some of the rattle, but I took it apart and re- glued the rubber seal, doesn't hit the window and it is fine. The first aide kit lid rattles but I placed some rubber feet (also used in kitchen cabnets to stop the bang noise when closing them) and that worked out, BUT the rattle is still there. It is coming from the bose speaker grill. If i press hard enuf on it, the rattle goes away, until you hear the rattle from the read deck also. I also have the car phone unit mounted in the truck up against the rear deck and that rattles too.

Any one have a clue how to stop these rattles? On my next serives I'll ask the dealer to see what they can do/replace to stop it.

My $6K integra doesn't rattle and my AMG does. hmmmm whats wrong here???
Old 06-14-2003, 04:42 PM

'99 C43 AMG
I am having the same problem with my 99 c43. I am planning on dynomating the rear deck underneath the rear cover panel. I'll let you know how it works.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:50 AM

is that with the stock stereo setup? that sucks. maybe try tightening every nut and bolt back there in the rear deck area, and then try dynamatting it. also, if it is the bose grills rattling, maybe try pulling them off and resealing them with rtv silicone sealant. i did that with some interior pieces on my rx7, and it helped quite a bit.

do you guys with c36's have the same rattling problems, or is it just a c43 thing?
Old 06-16-2003, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Santa Cruz Blur
I had a really anoying rattle as well and I solved it with some foam.

If you open your trunk, where the Bose Sub is on the left side, there is a piece that is about half an inch down from another piece - they are both horizontal pieces and parallel to each other. I filled in this gap with some foam pieces so that bottom one would no longer move and I no longer have that annoying rattle. Not sure if that is the same problem as you are having but saved me lots of annoyance.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
W202 C43
Originally Posted by 99SlvrC43
I noticed that we semi touched up on this topic in the picture thread (wrong spot to do it) but wanted to get everyones attention on this.

The third brake light does make some of the rattle, but I took it apart and re- glued the rubber seal, doesn't hit the window and it is fine. The first aide kit lid rattles but I placed some rubber feet (also used in kitchen cabnets to stop the bang noise when closing them) and that worked out, BUT the rattle is still there. It is coming from the bose speaker grill. If i press hard enuf on it, the rattle goes away, until you hear the rattle from the read deck also. I also have the car phone unit mounted in the truck up against the rear deck and that rattles too.

Any one have a clue how to stop these rattles? On my next serives I'll ask the dealer to see what they can do/replace to stop it.

My $6K integra doesn't rattle and my AMG does. hmmmm whats wrong here???
Hi, have you solved the issue? and How? I am having the same problem.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 145 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
Had this issue in my 94 C280 and in my 99 C43. In the end, it was a blown woofer.
The following users liked this post:
AGEDAMG (06-01-2022)