C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Its Been a long time... C43 Sits, gets Dusty... Time Capsule..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:04 AM

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E55 Black, 2007 GL450 Carneol Red
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Instead of crawling into the back, open the hood and hot wire some volts on the black electrical plug on the left inner wing (under a plastic cover). Bingo, back opens.
Here are a couple photos from a 1999 W202, the later with a battery charger attached (Neg - on the exposed stud near the Washer Fluid Reservoir, and Pos + on one of the two large studs under the plastic cover):
Attached Thumbnails Its Been a long time... C43 Sits, gets Dusty... Time Capsule..-img-20120313-00178.jpg   Its Been a long time... C43 Sits, gets Dusty... Time Capsule..-img-20120313-00181.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 05:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
That is exactly how I connect my battery jump leads when I want to open the boot, as the battery is not connected in the car and is in storage for winter in a nice and warm place .
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 C43 ///AMG
There are two +- terminals under the hood in the front portion of the car under a black little cover near the washer fluid - putting power to that will let u pop the trunk.

Amazing car in white!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by w202mylove
Why? start driving it again you have got the 55 swap right? must be a blast to drive. what do you drive instead now?
Bang me in the head indeed. Not only for that but for paying insurance on 4 vehicles I hardly ever drive now that I work from home for the last 4 years (I drive about 5K or 6K miles across all of them). A '88 560SL that hasn't been driven in about 2.5 years and the registration has expires. A Jeep TJ I haven't driven much since last winter; just a few times when I went mountain biking the summer of '11 and not at all this past winter; the registration expired on that too. And this C43/55 you see in my sig pic; I just found the renewed registration so I think I will get a new battery and put it back on the road soon.

I ordered a '09 JCW in the summer of '08 when they came out (was one of the first few to take delivery), as I was assigned to a new group at my job where I'd work from home but thought I'd have to drive 100 miles from home on LI to central NJ for meetings once a week or every two weeks or a month. My boss lived in Colorodo. Well, we started out with a few meetings but it quickly went to we'd meet twice a year, to I didn't see him for 2 years. So while it's great to have a tiny flickable car that gives me 29mpg combined even when I drive it like I like to, and is as quick using a 1.6L engine as my C43 was when it was stock, and stock arguably matches the handling of my C43 that I put a $6K race insipired suspension into ... it turns out the little driving that I do I could have stuck with the gas guzzlers.

Just a 1/2 year ago I was assigned back to my original group on LI I'm (a software developer for an internet startup form the late 90s that survived; finally re-building all the software I wrote for the company in '97 - '99 now using GWT/GXT & WebServices ... yah!). But I still work from home for now. So I still hardly drive. I am considering getting rid of the Mini as it's worth far more counting depreciation being so much newer.

Sorry to the OP for the minor hijack. But that's the story.

Last edited by c55m8o; 03-19-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
Originally Posted by c55m8o
Bang me in the head indeed. Not only for that but for paying insurance on 4 vehicles I hardly ever drive now that I work from home for the last 4 years (I drive about 5K or 6K miles across all of them). A '88 560SL that hasn't been driven in about 2.5 years and the registration has expires. A Jeep TJ I haven't driven much since last winter; just a few times when I went mountain biking the summer of '11 and not at all this past winter; the registration expired on that too. And this C43/55 you see in my sig pic; I just found the renewed registration so I think I will get a new battery and put it back on the road soon.

I ordered a '09 JCW in the summer of '08 when they came out (was one of the first few to take delivery), as I was assigned to a new group at my job where I'd work from home but thought I'd have to drive 100 miles from home on LI to central NJ for meetings once a week or every two weeks or a month. My boss lived in Colorodo. Well, we started out with a few meetings but it quickly went to we'd meet twice a year, to I didn't see him for 2 years. So while it's great to have a tiny flickable car that gives me 29mpg combined even when I drive it like I like to, and is as quick using a 1.6L engine as my C43 was when it was stock, and stock arguably matches the handling of my C43 that I put a $6K race insipired suspension into ... it turns out the little driving that I do I could have stuck with the gas guzzlers.

Just a 1/2 year ago I was assigned back to my original group on LI I'm (a software developer for an internet startup form the late 90s that survived; finally re-building all the software I wrote for the company in '97 - '99 now using GWT/GXT & WebServices ... yah!). But I still work from home for now. So I still hardly drive. I am considering getting rid of the Mini as it's worth far more counting depreciation being so much newer.

Sorry to the OP for the minor hijack. But that's the story.

Well I understand the situation, besides that damn your 202 is niceI can't imagine having such a great car and not drive it.

Pick a nice day to start driving it again, I bet you will fall back in love with the 202
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by c55m8o
@ the OP ... +1. Same here. Mine hasn't been driven in years.

Originally Posted by w202mylove
Why? start driving it again
+1
After 7 years and you still have one of the nicest/quickest 202s around. Between the engine, suspension and MBenzNL upgrades, you have it all!! Get back in that amazing car before one of us has to come to NY and pull a W202 intervention