C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Refinishing Monoblocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43
Refinishing Monoblocks

Anyone have experience with having their monoblocks refinished. I have some rim scrapes, (former owner, of course) Center painted section is fine & do not want to redo paint. The rim, I believe, is poished aluminum & coated with something? Being in So Calif I know there are shops that do this kind of work, looking for some advice.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG
Originally Posted by mkoons
Anyone have experience with having their monoblocks refinished. I have some rim scrapes, (former owner, of course) Center painted section is fine & do not want to redo paint. The rim, I believe, is poished aluminum & coated with something? Being in So Calif I know there are shops that do this kind of work, looking for some advice.
I have had 2 of my Mono 18's refinished by Panther Automotive in Surrey, B.C., CANADA. They did an awesome job and also use Standox German paint on all of the wheels that they refinish. They ran $150 each but that was to refinish the entire wheel. It was $100 to refinish just the machined lip. They put a pretty thick layer of clear over the entire wheel.

Cheers
Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by mkoons
mkoons, whereabouts are you located? Plenty of shops in the Los Angeles area. Sounds like you just want the lips sanded out and maybe polished? How deep are the scratches? Do you want to re-powdercoat the whole wheel?

Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 95 Posts
c43
Im in Chicago and can make them look new if you don't mind shipping them.
I can do each one for 65.00 plus shipping costs back to you.