C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Oil Pressure gauge install!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by nd4spd13
Very cool! Wish I knew about this part before, as that would save me buying the 90degree adapter, which was the most expensive EARLS part!

It looks like the inside of your new oil port cover looks like the inside of my new oil port cover, and therefore would take the new style gasket, no? Did your tech person tell you this old (thin) style gasket fit the third, middle east cover you got? If you want to try it, it would help me to know if this 3rd cover and new style gasket installed on your car leak or not, with proper torque, the cover the right way up, and the gasket the right way around.

When I asked my tech about differences in the block, he told me there is NO differences around the oil pressure port, and that both kinds of port should fit.

I wish my leak was bad and squirting so I could finally pinpoint where it is coming from. I have a hunch it's because my threads are stripped, and not because of the gasket type.

Yes, the center bolt of the old cover can be removed.

Regarding the wiring, the cover of the ECU box is the biggest water protector there. After removing that top cover, besides the actual ECU it is a straight shot into the cabin above the passenger's feet. I shoved the two wires down where the other wires from the box go and they stick out into the cabin. To get them out of the ECU black box, I didn't want to alter any of the existing grommets (seals with OEM wires coming out) so I lifted the rubber grommet for the engine harness up, put the wire under the grommet (so in between the grommet and the edge of the black box) and pushed the grommet back down to seal around the oil sender wires as best they could. This probably isn't the best way to seal them, but it is simple, should seal them enough, and there shouldn't be any water coming from that direction anyway.

Hope this helps

Type 1,aaaaaaaaaaaType 2,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaType 3

hey buddy

thanks for your reply

tech guy from stealership told me that old style hollow gasket fits 3rd version oelport cover with head ontop.

I can't do any modding now coz my car is tucked away for winter.
in about 4 months I will do this.

it's great that the old cover port has a removable screw, if any chrisis you can reuse your old cover adding the 90 degree Earl adapter.
this is your safest bet!!
I might use this old port with a 90 degrees adapter if it's a no-go with 3rd version cover??

do a thorough engine clean infront of your engine and after that keep an eye where the oil comes from.
I bet it's from your new port.

thanks for the heads up on ecu box
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
I recently got my gauges/kit from Germany.
they look bjutiful with their white face dials.
I was told they have led illumination and no bulb inside, therefore they get redish/orange illumination.

1x oel temp 150 degrees C

1x oel pressure 10bar

1x voltmeter

Here is a nice pic of a CLK W208 with the same 52mm dials I bought

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 03-12-2013 at 09:43 AM.