C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C43 random stop working lumbar/side bolster support?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 AMG C43
Question C43 random stop working lumbar/side bolster support?

Hello guys,

I have been experiencing with my C43 lately a random "not working condition" of my lumbar/side bolster mechanism.

For example, I start the car, set the supports to my prefered position and start driving the car, then if I decide to adjust either the lumbar or side bolster to a tighter or loosen position, sometimes it will work normally and do the job and many times it won't adjust or tight (inflate the air bargs) but only will deflate them while trying to to adjsut (inflate) like if the switch would turn backwards the operation, of corse if I deflate them it will actually deflate and won't inflate anymore UNLESS, I cycle the IGN key and it will work again normally.

What could be the cause of this random behavior?

Thanks for any info.

-Diego
Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 AM

W202 AMG C43
None had this before?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM

1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGC43
None had this before?
I don't believe mine inflate at all past 3 mins or so after the car starts. I'd check all your hoses just incase. Do they hold air normally?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM

W202 AMG C43
Originally Posted by nd4spd13
I don't believe mine inflate at all past 3 mins or so after the car starts. I'd check all your hoses just incase. Do they hold air normally?
No, mine doesn't inflate by itself or sort of, only when I press any of those buttons, it will inflate the selected air bag. Then, while driving, if I want to re inflate more any air bag (adjust it to a tighter position), it won't inflate at all or it will actually inflate the selected air bag (as it should), but is random this symptom. When it doesn't work like it should it only will deflate the air bags, then I need to turn off and start on the car and somehow the system reset itself and start working normally again until again, randomly, won't work as it should.