C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Just got a 99 C43 AMG with 79k for a good price!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 283 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
I love the simple mods so far, looks perfect
Old 09-18-2013, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by nkctb7
I tried two variations of the flat hood badge and both did not sit flush with the hood. The trunk ones were even worse as the trunk lid has a minor convex curve and the badges are completely flat. It looked unfinished so I went back to the stock ones. It looks much cleaner after trying a few other options.
i have a good feeling i just wasted a few bucks but live & learn! thats why i wont be selling my hood star

The grille looks very sharp! Does the shell come with everything minus the frame? I am contemplating going back to chrome as I am tiring of the black powder coat.
actually it came complete with the frame too. don't have much use for it, thought about trying to sell it but for what, a few bucks? might as well toss it. i used to love blacked out everything but now im really into the black/chrome contrast otherwise i would had done mine like yours! all preference brotha, both look good still.

I'm pretty certain that you purchased the tails from ebay. I made him an offer of $200.00 for them two years ago and he wouldn't budge. The only problem is if something was to happen to one of them, they are irreplaceable. That was my bargaining chip in my offer. I had the all black lenses at one time but went with the Euro look. There are many members that have used the translucent red modelling paint and a clear coat to attain the all red appearance and it looked professionally done. Your ride is really coming together nicely!
haha i plead the fifth. okay im kidding yeah he's the only dude that seems to have these and ive noticed nobody was ever going to pay $300 for them. I started with $150, then $200, then finally he accepted my 3rd attempt. I figure i can at least sell my tails for $75, the corners for a few bucks and the grill insert as well. Not a huge deal for rarity but some will call me crazy.

Originally Posted by PJmak
I love the simple mods so far, looks perfect
Thanks brotha! im big into simple & clean. all i need are those brabus mono 3 piece or some 18 mono's
Old 09-18-2013, 03:41 AM

99 C43 AMG
I'm pretty certain that you purchased the tails from ebay. I made him an offer of $200.00 for them two years ago and he wouldn't budge. The only problem is if something was to happen to one of them, they are irreplaceable. That was my bargaining chip in my offer. I had the all black lenses at one time but went with the Euro look. There are many members that have used the translucent red modelling paint and a clear coat to attain the all red appearance and it looked professionally done. Your ride is really coming together nicely!
and by the way youre totally right. cross my fingers nothing ever happens to them! the candy red paint crossed my mind and nobody would probably be able to tell the difference, except my stubborn head haha, had to get the real thing!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 AM

1999 Mercedes Benz C43
Originally Posted by 99CEEFOURTHREE
The newer cars quality? Alcantara....real carbonfiber...aluminum paddle shifters..you can go on and on.The modern AMG is about raw performance albeit from a luxury car.I would GLADLY sacrifice the "smoothness'' or ''numbness'' lol of our old AMG'S for the brute strength of a n/a 6.3...have you driven or heard one at full cry...
ok stop! stop! stop! I was in the middle of a beautiful dream... a world without fire breathing C63s, no cars with more than 300hp... it was beautiful... I was making lots of dough... I had a 1991 Ford Taurus SHO... then a 190E and a E320, then a C280... oh yeah the 90's...ok, going back to sleep...
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 AM

1999 Mercedes Benz C43
Originally Posted by deeptunes
Thanks for the help on the grill with those pics! and absolutely man we should
Let me know when you do, I like to join the C43 party
Old 09-18-2013, 08:27 AM

1999 Mercedes Benz C43
just got some bosch amber corners put on from the UK and i found a brand new in box grill for $100 on craigslist for a w210. Cut off the fat from the grill and made it fit into the w202 frame and there you have it! OEM grill

i have some All red euro tails coming soon and decided to order fresh C43/AMG badges for the trunk since the previous owner decided to take them off

I need the corners, found OEM clear for $60 including install, I think I'll do them this Saturday. The rubber seal though seems to be a bit dry and brittle... what did you pay?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:18 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG
and by the way youre totally right. cross my fingers nothing ever happens to them! the candy red paint crossed my mind and nobody would probably be able to tell the difference, except my stubborn head haha, had to get the real thing!
I completely agree with you in regards to the real deal! The tails do look great and remember to make certain to hold them in place when fastening them. It would be a shame if one were to hit the pavement during installation. Car is looking stellar and only going to get better with the added tails.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:16 PM

99 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by venturaexit
Let me know when you do, I like to join the C43 party
thats a good idea!

Originally Posted by venturaexit
I need the corners, found OEM clear for $60 including install, I think I'll do them this Saturday. The rubber seal though seems to be a bit dry and brittle... what did you pay?
came in from the UK so it was $60 shipped to my door

I completely agree with you in regards to the real deal! The tails do look great and remember to make certain to hold them in place when fastening them. It would be a shame if one were to hit the pavement during installation. Car is looking stellar and only going to get better with the added tails.
Thanks! corners couldn't had been easier. i had my tools all ready and when i realized all you do it pop the hood and squeeze a clip i facepalmed. Im sure the tails will at least require a few tools
Old 09-22-2013, 03:02 AM

99 C43 AMG
cleans up real nice. loving the w210 grill & amber corners. my euro tails should be here anyday and my replacement trunk badges as well as my flat hood badge.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
Keep it coming nice. When is the SoCal Meet up?? hopefully before the end of the year
Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 AM

99 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Tony_AMG
Keep it coming nice. When is the SoCal Meet up?? hopefully before the end of the year
sounds good im in ! well have to put something together.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 AM

99 C43 AMG
just when i finally got my all red euro tail lights shipped from germany and took almost 3 weeks they show up ****ing chipped!! The sale said brand new and the photos showed zero signs of damage. they were packaged extremely well so im starting to think the guy just keeps pictures of perfect tail lights up when the items being shipped are possibly different ones. Its a shame since these are soo rare and i was looking forward to putting them on. now im unsure if i want something less then perfect on my car, almost doesnt do it justice! Time to open a claim on ebay !!

Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
sorry you got hussled.
did you check sellers feedback score?
did he have negative feedback from other buyers?

if you paid with Paypal make a claim that he scammed you item description not being accurate.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:44 AM

99 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by kowalski
sorry you got hussled.
did you check sellers feedback score?
did he have negative feedback from other buyers?

if you paid with Paypal make a claim that he scammed you item description not being accurate.
Yeah there were 2 negative remarks to which one of the two were deleted by ebay? over 2k in positive feedbacks. everything under his items for sale are all super rare stuff so i figured nothing to worry. Going to see what he says first before i file a claim but luckily i did pay via paypal. i paid way too much for these which makes it worse but i figured where else would i find a real set of em.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Banned

found you these

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mercedes-W202...item3cd6302eea
Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 AM

99 C43 AMG
im really confused because this is the exact same pictures used from the guy i bought mine from. he responded today saying he has brand new spare lenses and will replace my damaged one. this is what i bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400280032748...84.m1497.l2649
Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Banned

im really confused because this is the exact same pictures used from the guy i bought mine from. he responded today saying he has brand new spare lenses and will replace my damaged one. this is what i bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400280032748...84.m1497.l2649
it's da same guy from my link but there was no negative feedback he had 100% pos feedback
Old 10-07-2013, 03:10 AM

99 C43 AMG
it's da same guy from my link but there was no negative feedback he had 100% pos feedback
now i get it. he has two diff accounts. germany & u.s seller accounts under different names. well at least he said hell send me another replacement immediately so i dont have to wait. Although im a little unsure how i feel about having to pay for shipping to return the damaged one after how much money i already gave him for the lights. i know usually you eat the shipping but damn, considering how much i blew on these things!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Banned

tell him nicely the first time, you will give him negative feedback if he doesn't refund you the shipping cost!
he ran a scam on the first set, this was all planned from him!
now you have to pay return shipping for damaged part, that's not fair.
if he's a gentleman and cares about positive feedback he'll tell you to keep the broken part or refund you the return shipping?
good luck
Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
22 X3, 21 330e, 97 M3, 97 C36 (sold), but on the hunt for a clean, low-mile C43!

Are those even tinted? Eh...I way prefer the original US spec tail lights, but to each his own.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 AM

99 C43 AMG
im all for rarity. as you can tell these euro spec just eliminate the majority of the white all thru the middle.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:13 AM

99 C43 AMG
tell him nicely the first time, you will give him negative feedback if he doesn't refund you the shipping cost!
he ran a scam on the first set, this was all planned from him!
now you have to pay return shipping for damaged part, that's not fair.
if he's a gentleman and cares about positive feedback he'll tell you to keep the broken part or refund you the return shipping?
good luck

i will definitely say that once i receive the new part. dont want to **** this guy off and not get my replacement. once ive gotten it and its as he says it will be, i will hit him with the comping my return shipping. good idea, thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 145 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
I absolutely love what you've done with this car. Bravo!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 AM

99 C43 AMG
Got my stock tail lights for sale on another thread. The guy from Germany supposedly sent a replacement lense but i havnt seen anything show up and its been a month. I just put the chipped one on my car anyways, at this point what can i do?

https://mbworld.org/forums/exterior-...y-c43-amg.html
Old 11-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1995 AMG C36
Wow.. Congrats thats a beast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got a 99 C43 AMG with 79k for a good price!