C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

For locals that are looking to get vinyl installed on their cars, I can supply both the materials and do the complete installation at my location. The best way to schedule an appointment with me or reach me is via e-mail at donathon@gmail.com

Here's a link to my Facebook Page - Gallery

I am located in Anaheim Hills / Orange County, California. (Note: I do occasionally make trips to Norcal / Bay Area for vinyl installations/work as well, contact me for more info)

For non-locals (or for someone who just wants or needs some materials) and would like to DIY it, I can supply and sell you just the materials to do the installation as well.

Prices varies for both installation and materials depending on the exact car, vinyl finish, and specific part(s) that you want wrapped, so PM or e-mail me (donathon@gmail.com) directly for price quotes.

- Gloss and matte black roof vinyl (other finishes/colors are available upon request)
- Gloss and matte Carbon fiber vinyl
- Black out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim vinyl
- Interior/exterior trim
- Head/tail light tinting
- Full car wraps
- Graphic/vinyl installations
- And More...

I've done installations on hundreds of cars and have supplied materials to thousands of cars worldwide at this point. Here are just one or two quick pictures of the cars and the work that I have personally done for them, just to give you guys an idea of how it looks like and the quality of my work:

Gloss black vinyl roof install:
Before:

After:

Matte black roof install:

Carbon fiber roof install:
Before (hood and roof both originally painted gloss black):

After:

Tinted / smoked lights install:
Before:

After:

Blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim install:
Before:

After:

For a more concise way of viewing specific examples of my work, I have split the more popular types of installations into specific galleries, which you can view in the links below. Even if you may not see something pictured in one of the links below, feel free to contact me directly, as it is very likely that it is still something that I can do or have done in the past.

Facebook Page - Gallery

Gloss and Matte Black Roofs:
Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc. - E46Fanatics

3M Dinoc and 1080 Carbon Fiber Roofs:
Don Nguyen - Vinyl Carbon Fiber Roof - Picture Thread - E46Fanatics

Smoked/tinted headlights and tail lights:
Smoked/tinted headlights and tail lights? Opinions? - E46Fanatics

Blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim:
Don Nguyen | Blacked Out Window Trim - Vinyl - E46Fanatics

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you are interested in getting some work done.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-20-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I took a lot of pictures of this white BMW E90 335i sedan when I wrapped it. The owner of this car wanted me to wrap his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. I also did the top portion of his bumper where it meets with the splitter, to try and give it a continuous look. It was a bit overcast the day I did this car, so it's actually a bit hard to tell that the film was actually the gloss carbon finish and not the dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. The rear trunk spoiler is also real cf in addition to the front splitter, so you guys can sort of get an idea of how real cf and the carbon fiber material I am using compares up next to each other. The owner of tho car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this dark blue Subaru WRX had me my clear/transparent red vinyl film on his tail lights. I know most people are used to seeing me use my smoke/tint shade on tail lights, but I also have other colors such as red and yellow for tail lights, fog lights, etc. I took some pictures of the progress, for those who want to see how it is done. Also, some people also prefer the look of the whole tail lights completely red versus having the center portions cut out to be clear. The owner of this car drove from Tustin to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me vinyl his tail lights.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
On a black car more than any other car color, the chrome finish stands out quite a bit. The owner of this new black BMW F10 5 series had me black out the chrome window trim on his car with my matte black vinyl material. If he wanted to complete the black out look, I could have also done the small strip on the door handles and also the front amber reflector in the same matte black vinyl material or my gloss black finish so that it'd blend in with the car better. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
For this white Mercedes Benz C300 with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof being done, I also blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim and rear trunk bar on his car with my matte black vinyl material. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. It's kind of hard to tell that the trim is matte in the pictures, but these pictures are for those who want to see what a gloss black roof and matte window trim looks like.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a long time customer of mine that has had me worked on several his past/previous cars. The owner of this X6M had me lightly tint the tail lights of his car with my light tint/smoke vinyl film. The lighting wasn't that great, but hopefully you guys can see the back to back comparisons between the before and after pictures. The owner of this car was located in Irvine/Orange County. I like this light tint film shade, because it gives the car a very OEM+ look and looks good on both a stock car or a modified car.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This brand new BMW F30 335i sedan came in to have me vinyl wrap the roof in my gloss black vinyl material and to also black out his chrome window trim with the gloss black vinyl material as well. I took some more detailed and up close pictures of the work to show you guys how everything looks once done and to see the finer details of my work/installations. If you guys ever have any specific requests, feel free to let me know. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hlls/Orange County to have the installation done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This black Porsche Turbo S brought his car in to have me lightly tint/smoke both the headlights and tail lights on his car all around. I took some pictures of the car outside and inside to help better show you guys the subtle slight changes in how the lights looked with my light smoke/tint film applied. Also took some pictures of one of the lights stock and the other tinted/smoked to show you how they look like side by side. The owner of this car was from Irvine and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. Overall, I think the light shade was a nice subtle change to the look of this black car.

Before:

After:

During - Passenger/left side stock, driver/right side tinted/smoked:

During - Passenger/right side stock, driver/left side tinted/smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is another old customer of mine that is had me do some vinyl work on his new car. I typically do not make house calls, but being that he was an old customer and also lived down the street from me in Irvine/Orange County, I made an exception. For his white E92 328i coupe, he had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material and also black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trimmings in gloss black as well to give it the shadow line look that's offered from the factory for BMW. The car was brand new and stock, but these two changes and modifications to the car really changed the look of the car without making it look out of place or too modified.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This was one of the first cars that I did when 3M came out with the di-noc matte carbon fiber finish, which was about 4 years ago. The owner of this silver Subaru WRX STI came by to have me re-wrap his roof with the same 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. I took some close ups of the before to show you guys how the material looks like and holds up over time. The carbon fiber weave and all of the details are there, but it had started to lose some of its luster, which was why the owner of this car came back to have me redo the roof for him.

In the pictures with the vinyl removed, that was how the paint looked like right after removal and no or very minimal clean up was done at that point. I took pictures of the paint/roof right after the vinyl was removed to show you guys what the condition of the paint looks like that has had vinyl installed on a roof for roughly 4 years, which is probably going to be longer than most own people own their cars.

The lighting wasn't very good, since it was overcast that day, so I did my best to try and take some pictures to show you guys how the old material looks like compared to the new material. Hopefully you guys are able to see the details and differences in the up close pictures.

Before w/ old vinyl:

Old vinyl removed:

After w/ new vinyl installed:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I had this brand new white Mercedes Benz CLA 250 come in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car. We went with gloss black vinyl finish for his roof over the matte black or carbon fiber, to give it that factory panoramic look. The owner of this car was from around Irvine / Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done. I think the gloss black roof added a lot of character to the car, for such a simple change. The other thing I could have suggested to do on this car was to black out the chrome around the windows too, but that comes down to preference and depends on what type of look you're going after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here's pictures of one of the cars that I did on one of my norcal vinyl wrapping trips up to the bay/San Jose area. I make these trips once or twice a year, depending on how my schedule is like down here in socal/orange county. The owner of this white BMW E92 335i coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material and also lightly tint/smoke his tail lights as well. He opted to not have the side roof rails wrapped, so these pictures will help those who were thinking about if they should get their rails wrapped or not.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I think many would not think about it, but even this black Mercedes Benz S63 AMG looks good with the chrome blacked out. Even with the brighter colored/finished wheels, the blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum trim still goes with the look of the car very well and actually makes the car look very sleek imo. In addition to the window trim, I also blacked out the lower door chrome pieces that run the length of the car. I also tinted the headlights and turn signal reflectors with my light tint/smoke film. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl finish to match the already gloss black vertical pillars and overall the gloss black just suited this car better than matte black would have. The owner of this car brought his car up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from San Diego to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

During (note driver side headlight and mirror turn signals are tinted, while passenger side is stock)

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I had this white Mazda MazdaSpeed3 come in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. As you can see from the pictures, the carbon fiber weave is more noticeable at certain angles and depending on how the light hits it. In some pictures it'll look like just a matte/flat black roof, while in other pictures you can really notice the carbon fiber weave/pattern, which gives it a very cool effect.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is kind of a bigger picture post than usual, but I had multiple requests for more up close pictures and of certain areas that are pictured below. The owner of this white Audi RS5 had me vinyl wrap the roof and also black out the brushed aluminum/chrome window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof tied in quite nicely with the large sunroof of the car, to give it a full/complete panoramic roof look. Also, just blacking out the chrome around the windows also changed the look of the car quite a bit, even though the mirrors are still silver. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
***Note - This is a darker shade that is a completely different and a lot darker shade than all of my other tinted tail light pictures, this is not the standard shade I use***

The owner of this black Maserati brought me his car to tint/smoke the headlights and tail lights of his car with a very dark vinyl film. He was basically going for the blacked out look. This is not a typical shade/darkness that I use, which is always a very light shade. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. Light out put is going to be definitely affected by going this dark, but if you're trying to achieve a completely blacked out or murdered out type of look, then this would be it.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this car previously had me black out the chrome around his window trim and rear trunk bar as well as lightly tint the tai lights. However he decided to come back to also have me wrap the rear trunk spoiler of his car in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material as well, to match the real carbon fiber diffuser he just had put on. Hopefully this will give you guys somewhat of an idea of how the gloss carbon fiber vinyl compares to real carbon fiber parts. The owner of this car drove out to my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. Note, not all spoilers are possible or practical to wrap due to its shapes/curves, but this one happen to be an exception.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
These aren’t the best pictures that I have taken, but I had someone request me to post some pictures of work that I’ve done on the new Lexus GS350. For this silver/grey GS350, I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black, lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights, and blacked out the center middle section of the front bumper. The owner of this car brought their car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think overall, the subtle changes to the car gave it a nice different/change of look without making it look too aftermarket or modified.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger ride side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this black BMW E60 550i sedan brought me his car because he was having issues with his factory original paint fading. I went over with him and options that were available for his car, and we decided on going with my gloss black vinyl to give him back that factory finish look. Although minor pits and such still showed through the material, overall, I think the results and pictures speak for themselves. It was a huge improvement over what the owner was dealing with before, as far as the condition of his roof was concerned. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Had a request to post some pictures of a white car with gloss black vinyl applied on the trim. The owner of this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Irvine and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. The black trim definitely gave the coupe a much sportier look and complemented the rest of the car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is another car that I did for Hyundai for the most recent SEMA event. I had also done their Veloster that they had built for SEMA the year prior as well. This year they used their SUV the Santa Fe for the SEMA event. They had me come by their facilities to vinyl wrap the top of the SUV in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. Not often that I do the roof of a SUV or such a large car in general. Obviously for this car, the carbon roof was chosen to make it stand out and go with the more aggressively modified look/theme of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-23-2014, 11:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Not many people know that I use/have other colors of head/tail light film in addition to the normal tint/smoke films that most people typically have me use on their cars. The owner of this Mini Cooper brought his car by to have me tint his head lights yellow and his tail lights with red. I know the yellow headlights isn’t for everybody, but the owner of this Mini wanted to do something different, and it’s always possible to go back to stock/reversible with vinyl. The owner of this car drove out from Inland Empire to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the work done.

Before:

After (note the headlights are on in these pictures):

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this car drove from Los Angeles to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have me do some vinyl work on his brand new white Mercedes Benz CLS 550. We went with gloss black for his roof, side roof rails, and center portion of the lower bumper. Then for the chrome side window trim, we went with matte black for those. Finally, for the tail lights, I used my transparent red vinyl to red out the clear/white portion of his tail lights to give it a single complete red appearance/color.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This specific car is not the typical case of a car coming in with chrome/brushed aluminum trim and wanting me to black out their trim with my vinyl materials. The owner of this BMW E30 M3 brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the previously painted gloss black trim with my matte black vinyl. I know it may be a bit hard to tell, but if you look at the pictures side by side or back to back it may be easier to notice the differences between how matte black trim vs gloss black trim looks like on a car.

This is also good for those who have asked me in the past how well vinyl will cover up bumps/dents/etc. As you may see in some of the pictures, whoever did the paint job on the trim did not do that good of a job, which left the trim a bit lumpy/uneven. If you can’t see or make it out in the pictures, any imperfections that are underneath the vinyl will show through, as the material is fairly thin and basically takes on the shape of the surface/pieces that they are being applied on over.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this white Nissan 350z brought me his car to have me vinyl wrap the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also did his two side vertical pillars with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car was from around Long beach and drove his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to get the work done. The gloss black, especially on the 350zs or similar smaller two seater cars, the gloss black roof connects and continues the front and rear glass fairly nicely.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install