For those with c32 brakes. Need input.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 349 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Yes, correct,

C43/CLK55/E55, caliper is (7.3kg), Rotor is (10.2kg)

i'm using W202 C280 set-up, since almost 3 years,

C280 weight comparing to C43:-

Front Rotor: (5.9kg) vs (10.2kg),

Rear Rotor: (3.3kg) vs (6.9kg),

Front Caliper with Pads: (4.8kg) vs (7.3kg),

Rear Caliper with Pads: (2.8kg) vs (3.4kg),

ZAYED,,
Old 06-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by cm60k
Yes, correct,

C43/CLK55/E55, caliper is (7.3kg), Rotor is (10.2kg)

i'm using W202 C280 set-up, since almost 3 years,

C280 weight comparing to C43:-

Front Rotor: (5.9kg) vs (10.2kg),

Rear Rotor: (3.3kg) vs (6.9kg),

Front Caliper with Pads: (4.8kg) vs (7.3kg),

Rear Caliper with Pads: (2.8kg) vs (3.4kg),

ZAYED,,
hey bro

thanks for all the necessary input
i will contact seller who sells the flexible bend extension hoses.
this was great news, thanks bro

regarding W203 AMG calipers
weight difference between C43 calipers/rotors vs C55 calipers/rotors is only 300 grams in favor to C55 brake combo if your numbers are correct?

however we don't know how much weight difference it is between brakepads on both brakesystems?
they might be similar in weight?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Welcome Dannis & Paul,

I remember scales that before, https://mbworld.org/forums/5700953-post29.html

C43 pads are (3kg),

C55 pads are (1.9kg),

ZAYED,,
Old 06-26-2014, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Pagz
does anyone supply two piece rotors for the C32? if so would be excellent upgrade for wieght
Paul,

RB racing providing an Excellent 2 piece lightweight Rotors:-

*C43/CLK55/E55

https://www.racingbrake.com/ProductD...oductCode=2284

*C32/C55

http://www.racingbrake.com/C32-CLK55...ONT-p/2118.htm

ZAYED,,
Old 06-26-2014, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 c36
Yup m10x1 I just went to the local hydraulic shop and they had the coupler and a hard line pre-made. I just had to bend it into the s-shape like you see and then make a bracket out of some 3/4 inch x 3/16 flat bar to hold everything real tight. Can't be too careful with brake mods others safety depend on your handy work not to mention yourself. As far as the flex hose and banjo fitting I have concerns your heading down a bad path. The reason why i say that is because when the spindle goes to full lock for a right hand turn. The drivers side not only has a really tight clearance for any line coming out of the caliper but also puts the flex line in a very tight radius. I'm not an expert, so I asked the guys at the hydraulic shop who are and how tight you can repetitively bend a braided Teflon brake line. He said he would not make a radius of more a 90 degrees in 2 inches. That's the reason I went the way I did with the hard line. Please let us know how it works as I'm curious about the banjo direction and others solutions.

Last edited by Super B; 06-26-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Super B
Yup m10x1 I just went to the local hydraulic shop and they had the coupler and a hard line pre-made. I just had to bend it into the s-shape like you see and then make a bracket out of some 3/4 inch x 3/16 flat bar to hold everything real tight. Can't be too careful with brake mods others safety depend on your handy work not to mention yourself. As far as the flex hose and banjo fitting I have concerns your heading down a bad path. The reason why i say that is because when the spindle goes to full lock for a right hand turn. The drivers side not only has a really tight clearance for any line coming out of the caliper but also puts the flex line in a very tight radius. I'm not an expert, so I asked the guys at the hydraulic shop who are and how tight you can repetitively bend a braided Teflon brake line. He said he would not make a radius of more a 90 degrees in 2 inches. That's the reason I went the way I did with the hard line. Please let us know how it works as I'm curious about the banjo direction and others solutions.
do you say, the flexible bend hose adapter is not good to use seen in this link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-brake-lines-Porsche-1974-1975-1976-1977-1978-1979-1980-1981-1982-1983-1994-/390871944095?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b01c88b9f&vxp=mtr
Old 06-26-2014, 09:05 PM

'97 c36
Ohh sorry I thought you were talking about like a braided brake line with a banjo fitting on the end. No what you have in the picture is pretty much what I used. The hydraulic shop had them in 8 inch lengths with two male fittings for 9 dollars each.. The double female connector was 10 dollars each.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:21 AM
Banned

Ohh sorry I thought you were talking about like a braided brake line with a banjo fitting on the end. No what you have in the picture is pretty much what I used. The hydraulic shop had them in 8 inch lengths with two male fittings for 9 dollars each.. The double female connector was 10 dollars each.
hey bro

i have braided brakelines from Goodridge fitted on my car
as i also have the brand new still in box 4 piston C55 calipers, i was thinking of doing the best fitting with these hose adapters

# What prefferable length should i get for hose adapters, to avoid stress on hose adaptors on full lock turn?
Do you recommend the U shaped bending hoses from all 3 Ebay links which Zayed linked?

# The correct hose adapters comes with male connector on one end and the female connector the other end?

Or is it male/male connector I should buy?

I red this sellers feedback, he had some errors in shipment.
I'm worried if he fookks up the order sending me wrong stuff?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-brake-lines-Porsche-1974-1975-1976-1977-1978-1979-1980-1981-1982-1983-1994-/390871944095?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b01c88b9f&vxp=mtr

Thanks

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 06-27-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is it necessary to to put adapter or any bending pipe..?, is there something bothering the hose not directly fit to the caliper...??

ZAYED,,
Old 06-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Banned

Is it necessary to to put adapter or any bending pipe..?, is there something bothering the hose not directly fit to the caliper...??

ZAYED,,
i was thinking if the adapter hose extends the brakelines a bit longer?
SuperB had his W203 AMG pistons side brackets relocated and the thread connector might have switched place or something?
with extended adaptor hoses added onto the brakelines they will have some more slack when you turn you steering wheel into full lock
Old 06-27-2014, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I see,

i didn't think about that, cause when i did or do any brake mod. i always use brake hose from ML banjo style...

For those with c32 brakes. Need input.-ml-brake-hose.jpg

ZAYED,,
Old 06-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Banned

Wish I would have touched bases with some one who has done this swap before prior to just diving into it. But no worries it's how you learn right? As far as the brakes I didn't like having the bleed screw on bottom. Sooo... Since the paint was pretty rough from falling out of the box and getting hammered in shipping (I bought these on eBay, showed up with the bleeder screw broken and all the bubble wrap mangled) I just broke down the calipers and switched the sides on the frames. Now the bleed screw is where is should be and the pistons are in the right positions. However the brake line inlet points down so I'm still going to need a set of lines. I found a shop in Portland that makes custom brake lines so I'm going to swing by there tomorrow and score up a set. Excuse the dirty calipers I need to give them both a wash now that ones pistons are clean and the others frame is dirty from the swap.
@ Super B
watching your pictures.
when you mounted both calipers on the hubs with the bleeder valves up, did you only unbolt the outer piston FRAMES with the printed AMG logo and then switched left/right sides with the other piston plate?

# did you get the pistons in the correct place after you swapped sides?

# when you brake does smaller piston kick in first, then the larger one?
if this is what you did, now you have a correct functioning brake kit

# does left/right side AMG logos point at the correct direction now?

# how is your braking now?
do you löev it?

# only thing i need to get is the:
The correct M10X1 flexible bending hose adapters which comes with male connector on one end and the female connector the other end?

can you take 2 bjutifully close up pictures of your both front wheels where the brakes are shown and finally a nice side shot of your whole car, i wanna see your Brabus rims fitted to your car

hopefully i will do my upgrade soon

thanks man

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 06-27-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:30 AM

'97 c36
I see, i didn't think about that, cause when i did or do any brake mod. i always use brake hose from ML banjo style... ZAYED,,
Now see that might work with these calipers.. What would be even better is a 45 degree bend on the banjo fitting. I think you still would want to make some sort of bracket to keep the banjo from working loose from the line flex when turning. But I dunno, I'm sure there is a number of ways to do it.. I just wanted to find a way to use the stoptech brake lines at factory length. The stop tech lines are bigger and look a little better quality than the other lines I had made up.

EDIT- after re-reading your post I realized that I missed the part where you guys were talking about the length of the hose. Yes that is one of the two problems with the factory lines. The other is because of the angle if the brake line. Even if it was long enough the hose will most likely contact the lower shock bolt.

but with that said a custom hose that is longer with a banjo fitting at a 45 degree angle with a machined spot like pagz was saying might make the perfect set up.

Last edited by Super B; 06-30-2014 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 AM

'97 c36
Originally Posted by kowalski
@ Super B watching your pictures. when you mounted both calipers on the hubs with the bleeder valves up, did you only unbolt the outer piston FRAMES with the printed AMG logo and then switched left/right sides with the other piston plate? # did you get the pistons in the correct place after you swapped sides? # when you brake does smaller piston kick in first, then the larger one? if this is what you did, now you have a correct functioning brake kit # does left/right side AMG logos point at the correct direction now? # how is your braking now? do you löev it? # only thing i need to get is the: The correct M10X1 flexible bending hose adapters which comes with male connector on one end and the female connector the other end? can you take 2 bjutifully close up pictures of your both front wheels where the brakes are shown and finally a nice side shot of your whole car, i wanna see your Brabus rims fitted to your car hopefully i will do my upgrade soon thanks man
Wow lot of questions there. I'll take them one by one.

#Yes, I mounted the calipers bleeder up and swapped the piston plates.

#Yes, swapping the piston plates this will get the pistons in the right order with the smallest one contacting the rotor first. However this changes the angle of the brake line port to face down and results in the modification of the brake lines.

#Yes, the AMG logos look good.

#I'm not sure... I tore into the rear multi link and replaced all the arms and bushings. I also added an adjustable camber arm. The drivers side is already done. Hopefully this weekend I'll finish the passenger side and schedule a 4 wheel alignment. I had to wait for the specialty tool for pressing out the lower control arm bushing to arrive. It was shipped in the mail so it set me back some time and I haven't gotten to try out the brakes yet.

#Yes, if you can get a flex pipe made that way. The only flex pipes I could get had male fittings on both sides so I had to get a coupler to join the brake line to the flex pipe. Like this...
Attached Thumbnails For those with c32 brakes. Need input.-image-1675408425.jpg  

Last edited by Super B; 06-28-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:07 AM

'97 c36
Originally Posted by popey24
Thats what I try to explain for so long... C32 rotors are not that plug and play many people think it is.
After doing this swap I agree with what popey said. I did not do enough research on this other than reading some where and being mis informed that it was a direct bolt on. I should have verified with more than just one source. But it's kind of the fun and misery of doing anything custom. You run into problems you figure them out and move on.

I will say this though.. If your ok with deleting your brake lining sensor, not having the rotor retained to the hub and running the calipers with the wrong piston order yes this will "bolt on" provided your wheels clear

but if you plan on doing it right you need to do a little machining, pipe bending and painting.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Banned

Wow lot of questions there. I'll take them one by one.

#Yes, I mounted the calipers bleeder up and swapped the piston plates.

#Yes, swapping the piston plates this will get the pistons in the right order with the smallest one contacting the rotor first. However this changes the angle of the brake line port to face down and results in the modification of the brake lines.

#Yes, the AMG logos look good.

#I'm not sure... I tore into the rear multi link and replaced all the arms and bushings. I also added an adjustable camber arm. The drivers side is already done. Hopefully this weekend I'll finish the passenger side and schedule a 4 wheel alignment. I had to wait for the specialty tool for pressing out the lower control arm bushing to arrive. It was shipped in the mail so it set me back some time and I haven't gotten to try out the brakes yet.

#Yes, if you can get a flex pipe made that way. The only flex pipes I could get had male fittings on both sides so I had to get a coupler to join the brake line to the flex pipe. Like this...
Super B

when you say?
"However this changes the angle of the brake line port to face down and results in the modification of the brake lines".

does it matter if the brakeline port faces down when the bleeder valve is pointing up?
with the flexible adapter hose u bend it and placed it to a suitable place next to the caliper

swapping piston plates is the best thing to do with these calipers
Old 06-28-2014, 11:26 AM

'97 c36
does it matter if the brakeline port faces down when the bleeder valve is pointing up? with the flexible adapter hose u bend it and placed it to a suitable place next to the caliper swapping piston plates is the best thing to do with these calipers
Correct, it doesn't matter. I was just giving the reason as to why you have to fabricate a flex line. On a side note i also wonder if you could have a machine shop just drill and tap you a new bleeder valve port on the other side of the caliper frame and plug the original one. This would save the paint from being destroyed from disassembling and swapping the plates.

Last edited by Super B; 06-28-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Banned

Correct, it doesn't matter. I was just giving the reason as to why you have to fabricate a flex line. On a side note i also wonder if you could have a machine shop just drill and tap you a new bleeder valve port on the other side of the caliper frame and plug the original one. This would save the paint from being destroyed from disassembling and swapping the plates.
well it's only 4x bolts on each piston plate which might get the paint peeled off if you're reckless?
they can get repainted with silver paint spraycan.

where on the housing would it be good to drill the new bleeder port?
Old 06-28-2014, 12:57 PM

'97 c36
well it's only 4x bolts on each piston plate which might get the paint peeled off if you're reckless? they can get repainted with silver paint spraycan. where on the housing would it be good to drill the new bleeder port?
Well not so much reckless. They are star style bolts so the paint is going to get chewed up there from the socket no matter what. Then when you separate the piston plates you're going to crack the paint between the plates and the caliper frame.. It's all minor stuff that can be fixed like you said. But on brand new calipers with perfect paint it might be a little painful.

As far as drilling a bleeder screw port I was thinking in the exact same spot as the original just on the other side. Just a thought though, I think the correct modification would be just to buy a c63....... Solved.

Last edited by Super B; 06-30-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 261 Likes on 221 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
....and switch the brakes to the 43. That should be a major technical feat :-D
Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

spoke with my Mechanic Güru who fixes everything on my car.
I asked him about piston orientation
he said it's not a big issue if larger piston goes first and the smaller comes after when braking
he told me it will be no problems doing the 4 pot caliper modification and reversing piston plates is unecessary

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 07-16-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Agree with him..

ZAYED,,
Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 PM

'97 c36
Try it out. If the pads wear funny or what ever you can always swap things around later. what's it truly going to hurt.

I know it's a not always a good way to think about things. But a whole team of engineers designed that breaking system, figuring out all the math for pressures and clamping force then had to spend all that money on tools to make the bores non symmetrical. Can't help to think there must be some gain for all the hassle.

But nothing risked nothing gained, save you a few hours of labor for sure.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:57 PM

'97 c36
As requested Dennis.
Attached Thumbnails For those with c32 brakes. Need input.-image-410364471.jpg   For those with c32 brakes. Need input.-image-4006768191.jpg   For those with c32 brakes. Need input.-image-2679554345.jpg   For those with c32 brakes. Need input.-image-1812326691.jpg   For those with c32 brakes. Need input.-image-3009510260.jpg  

Old 07-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Banned

As requested Dennis.
thanx bro, great pics

daem, i think i lost my rims last night
i guess they were shipped to oregon by night flight express

car looks great with brabus rims, their open design flashes the new calipers great.
when you have the time off, get a heat resistant silver spraycan, cover the AMG logo and then touch up the chipped areas with silverpaint, then cover the calipers in heat resistant glossy coat to prevent brakedust filthing down your calipers.
calipers will look like new

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For those with c32 brakes. Need input.