Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 93 Posts
c43
Originally Posted by mkoons
Some pictures would be very helpful, side by side comparison of stock & your modified airbox.
Here you go, I don't make them with the shine anymore, I make them flat black.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Very nice indeed
Old 03-28-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Box shipped!
Old 03-28-2016, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by eFifty5AMG
Box shipped!
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 5.4, ML320CDI, Fords
Originally Posted by speed43
First of all there are quite a few reviews showing dyno tests on the Renntech air box priced at $1500 and UP. My air box is the same idea but without the carbon fiber. Theirs is gutted on the inside with no square baffles. So is mine. Theirs have way more space on the inside for air flow than OEM. So does mine. They make it I'm guessing by hand. So do I and I'm by myself doing these.

There is no reason why my air box will not perform as good as theirs, bottom line.

But for what it's worth I did call two dyno shops last week so I can take my car in.
They are not close to me so I wanted to make sure I had an appointment.
Both shops did not answer and both did not return my voice mail. When I called all I got was "we are either out of our office or helping another customer." So I decided not to dyno the car anymore. I have a bad leg so sitting, walking, sleeping effects me. I'm not going to waste my time with these

Pj, I wouldn't mind modifying your air box and than sending it to you. Than when you have the cash you can Paypal it to me. But right now I need someone that can review asap.
All you're doing is making claims with absolutely no backing. I'm not say it works or doesn't, but you haven't even had your hands on a renntech box in the flesh, nonetheless done any comparison testing between either the renntech or the stock box.

You are referencing one review from a competitor product, thinking it should somehow apply to your product and you haven't even seen it. That's bad marketing no matter how you slice it. Even if it was a direct molded copy its bad business. Post reviews, facts, test results from the product you're selling.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by benzslo
All you're doing is making claims with absolutely no backing. I'm not say it works or doesn't, but you haven't even had your hands on a renntech box in the flesh, nonetheless done any comparison testing between either the renntech or the stock box.

You are referencing one review from a competitor product, thinking it should somehow apply to your product and you haven't even seen it. That's bad marketing no matter how you slice it. Even if it was a direct molded copy its bad business. Post reviews, facts, test results from the product you're selling.
Ok forget the renntech, I was just using that as a reference until reviews from users come up. I mean it's a box, why would I even need to have it in my hands to compare. I was referencing the concept of how the inside has more room for air and is smoother flowing compared to stock. And so you know I have done PLENTY of tests comparing stock box verses my modified box. And the difference is way better. Yeah says me but soon I will have some boxes to modify and the owners can tell you that too.

Btw, you make it sound like I'm going to mass produce these. I made one for MYSELF and that's it. Than 2 months later decided to see if anyone MIGHT be interested. As a long time member here I thought I share something that's awesome.

It just takes time for people to send their air box to me. And to be without a car as they just want to send their own box for me to modify. How about you pm me and I send you one to test for a few days than you send it back to me? That will be better for you, you won't need proof, reviews, etc... You test it yourself.

If no than I cant do much more than that, bebzslo.

Btw, Here's an update on the color finish.

Last edited by speed43; 04-03-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Open your mind before Eyes and see how great air box value & shape upgrade here..!

soooooo strange why some guys hate even the idea itself..!?!

should to support anyone here can make our car better(what ever the it is), isn't that the main reason what are we doing here...!!?!!?!?!!

ZAYED,,
Old 04-04-2016, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by cm60k
Open your mind before Eyes and see how great air box value & shape upgrade here..!

should to support anyone here can make our car better(what ever the it is), isn't that the main reason what are we doing here...!!?!!?!?!!

ZAYED,,
+1
In any case increasing the volume of the intake box will not be detrimental to engine power. Quite the opposite IMO
If it was not for probable exorbitant shipping cost, there and back, I would jump on this upgrade...
Old 04-04-2016, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
If it was not for probable exorbitant shipping cost, there and back, I would jump on this upgrade...
eFifty5amg sent his ground with ups and costed $25.00.
Shipping it back would be the same I would expect. Maybe cheaper using usps.
Remember all you need to send or buy is just the top part of the air box, not the whole thing.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by cm60k

ZAYED,,
Thank you Zayed. I honestly thought people would be glad that we actually have another mod to make our car better. I've read people say that besides doing this or that there is nothing more we can do to make our car perform better. Well now there is.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just a reminder, I am not living on the N. American continent but over the ocean in old Europe...!
Old 04-10-2016, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Just a reminder, I am not living on the N. American continent but over the ocean in old Europe...!
Just to let those interested, I shipped the box to this gentleman. It was expensive sending it to Switzerland but its on the way and hopefully a review will be up soon.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Just to let those interested, I shipped the box to this gentleman. It was expensive sending it to Switzerland but its on the way and hopefully a review will be up soon.
how much did shipping to europe go for?
if we get positive response from Daniel aka DRB, I might opt for an airbox?
did Daniel have to send you his old airbox to US or did he just buy your tuned cover?

materials u have used to enlarge the top cover are they suitable for cold/hot climates?
Sweden has some ****-y cold climate in winter, don't want cover to have cold cracks in plastic housing.
same thing goes for hot engine temperatures, we don't want bondo to melt into fudge.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by kowalski
how much did shipping to europe go for?
if we get positive response from Daniel aka DRB, I might opt for an airbox?
did Daniel have to send you his old airbox to US or did he just buy your tuned cover?

materials u have used to enlarge the top cover are they suitable for cold/hot climates?
Sweden has some ****-y cold climate in winter, don't want cover to have cold cracks in plastic housing.
same thing goes for hot engine temperatures, we don't want bondo to melt into fudge.
It costed $112.00.
No he did not send me his box.
I sent him one I already had.
I use plastic that's thicker that the oem box for the raise up.
With stands hot and cold temps with ease.
I only use quality body filler to straighten out the edges I cut and to make the plastic welding smooth for good looks.
My goal was to make it using as much plastic as possible. More work but I really think it's worth the effort.

There's another member that will have his box sooner then Daniel and he will post up a review as well. I will be selling them on eBay but if you email me I will sell it here too.

Just know that I rather sell a box without you sending me yours to modify. All the boxes are the same so it's easier for me to send one I already have made. Than if you want to sell me your box I can offer to buy it IF I HAVE A BUYER LINED UP. I don't want to have boxes laying around. Specially right now that people don't know about my air box.

Remeber that all I sell and need is the top portion of the air box. Makes it cheaper to ship to Europe as well. The bigger the box the more they charge.

I know it's just my words on this but my car runs like never before with my modded box. At 17-19 MPH I press half way and it kicks down and tires spin and it just moves. I use that speed to test the oem box with mine. But of course it kicks and pulls at any speed. Highway I have not tested because I get small panic attacks driving in highways. And there's something weird going on with my brake system which I'm going to start a thread to get some input... The highway test I will leave that up to you guys that buy the box.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I confirm that a box is on its way to my place. Hopefully I will get it installed as soon as it arrives and I will do some reviews. Getting a dyno pull is difficult around here, but I need to check this out. Would be nice to have a pre and after install result as that would really talk.

However "T-Rex" is still hibernating and I need to also check and fix an oil leak coming either from the oil cooler or an ATF hose perhaps, before getting my plates back on (currently deposited with the vehicle office, as this saves me paying road tax during the time the vehicle is sleeping).

Last edited by DRBC43AMG; 04-10-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:38 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Ok guys. Just received & installed this airbox. Off the bat, this box is huge compared to the stock one & I can feel the difference. The fit & finish is great & I wanted mine to look just like factory; George nailed it. I just recently moved & the elevation is around 5,000-5,500 ft so the car feels like a dog. Obviously it struggles for air at this altitude; this box makes a noticeable difference. In my opinion, the power seems to be more available throughout the entire rev band where it used to feel flat. These are my first days testing and are only my preliminary results/observations.
Attached Thumbnails Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes-photo855.jpg   Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes-photo896.jpg  
Old 04-15-2016, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes

I like the difference in size. BIG indeed. I imagine that the ECU needs to learn and adapt to the increase of air flow. One of my kids is a mechanical engineer with expertise in liquid and airflow. He probably can easily work out the increased airflow.
I'm waiting for my airbox to clear customs... It's blocked since Tuesday

Last edited by DRBC43AMG; 04-16-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
I like the difference in size. BIG indeed. I imagine that the ECU needs to learn and adapt to the increase of air flow. One of my kids is a mechanical engineer with expertise in liquid and airflow. He probably can easily work out the increased airflow.
I'm waiting for my airbox to clear customs... It's blocked since Tuesday 😈 I hope they didn't find any white powder inside... 😂😂😂
let your kid who's a rocket scientist hook up his instruments reading the airflow
wanna know if testing results are improved
Old 04-16-2016, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just received confirmation that the airbox will be delivered Monday
Old 04-16-2016, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
This sounds really great. I hope it works well.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Knock, knock, the Postman passed this morning...
Attached Thumbnails Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes-dsc_0639.jpg  
Old 04-18-2016, 05:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Hoooooooolllllllllllllyyyyyyy..

ZAYED,,
Old 04-18-2016, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOWWWWWW

The difference in size between the OE and modified air-box is ENORMOUS!!!!
George you certainly have done a super great job
Now I need to get to install the box and get "T-Rex" out of hibernation. I'm sure she going to really bite hard! I've done a rapid check and the oil leak is not coming from the oil cooler. Looks like I need to get under, remove the sump protection to see what going on underneath. ATF cooler or pressure line??

I will be starting a new thread "Spring preparation 2016" with a run down of the airbox swap and other details

In the meantime, here's some candy for the eyes...
Attached Thumbnails Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes-dsc_0644.jpg   Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes-dsc_0645.jpg   Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes-dsc_0646.jpg  
Old 04-18-2016, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Just a quick update that I found the right height for the box so it does not touch the hood insulation to much or none at all. 3 3/4 height is the sweat spot. Before I made them 4 inches and touched the insulation.

Thanks guys for the support.

Last edited by speed43; 04-18-2016 at 10:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DRBC43AMG (04-18-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 03:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
WOWWWWWW

The difference in size between the OE and modified air-box is ENORMOUS!!!!
George you certainly have done a super great job
Now I need to get to install the box and get "T-Rex" out of hibernation. I'm sure she going to really bite hard! I've done a rapid check and the oil leak is not coming from the oil cooler. Looks like I need to get under, remove the sump protection to see what going on underneath. ATF cooler or pressure line??

I will be starting a new thread "Spring preparation 2016" with a run down of the airbox swap and other details

In the meantime, here's some candy for the eyes...
Get that box installed, Dennis! We all want a review!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to sell Custom AIR Boxes