C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Just got a 98 C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230 coupe auto
Just got a 98 C43

Yesterday evening I got a 1998 C43 AMG. Has all the options available except for two-tone leather.
Mileage is 75K, so far the car is in great condition. Some thing that I need to take care is the spray for left headlight doesn't work, driver side mirror is not bluish but regular color and that's basically it.
I totally love the car. However I have one question, when you floor the gas pedal is it normal for the car to hesitate for a small while and then accelerate very rapidly?
Reason why I'm asking is that my dad's E55 BRABUS does not do it, there when you floor it, the car sprints immediately.
Also, what are possible performance upgrades?
I heard K&N filters don't do any good by damaging the MAF sensor. Besides Evosport pullies and Powerchip chip tuning program it looks like nothing else is available...

Dmitry
Old 03-05-2004, 07:36 PM

1998 Silver C43
Congrats on the car. She is a blast to drive.

None of the mirrors for the driver side are tinited blue. The blue is i think for anitglare. I actually used this water spot remover product that removed it. (I wasnt going for that though) now my passanger one look just like driver.

The hesitation, yeah I know what you are taking about. Same thing happends with mine. Not something I like. You can hear the engine rev but it doesnt take off until a second later.

I've installed the filter upgrade exactly one year ago on mine and I've had no problems.

Performance upgrades, hmm u forgot the big one a SUPERCHARGER. You'll be in the 450 to 470 hp
Old 03-06-2004, 12:25 AM

1999 C43
Re: Just got a 98 C43

Congrats!
Originally posted by DmitryS500
hesitate for a small while
The bad part...
Yeah, I think that might be normal. It always seems to lag before it kicks down.
and then accelerate very rapidly?
The good part...
Old 03-06-2004, 04:59 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG
Re: Just got a 98 C43

Originally posted by DmitryS500
Yesterday evening I got a 1998 C43 AMG. Has all the options available except for two-tone leather.
Mileage is 75K, so far the car is in great condition. Some thing that I need to take care is the spray for left headlight doesn't work, driver side mirror is not bluish but regular color and that's basically it.
I totally love the car. However I have one question, when you floor the gas pedal is it normal for the car to hesitate for a small while and then accelerate very rapidly?
Reason why I'm asking is that my dad's E55 BRABUS does not do it, there when you floor it, the car sprints immediately.
Also, what are possible performance upgrades?
I heard K&N filters don't do any good by damaging the MAF sensor. Besides Evosport pullies and Powerchip chip tuning program it looks like nothing else is available...

Dmitry
Congrats on your purchase. I think the car needs to be adapted to your driving style before it's smooth. And you need to finesse the throttle a bit. When I first bought my car I also had the hesitation in the acceleration. But after a while, the upshifts are really smooth.

How much did you pay for your car by the way? I'm asking because I'm thinking of selling my 98 C43 with 62k miles. Also, if anyone is interested please let me know.

Baron
Old 03-07-2004, 09:33 AM

'05 C230 coupe auto
Well actually I didn't really pay for the car. I gave my 2003 Honda Accord V6 6-speed and got the C43 and $3000.
The reason why it was rather cheap is because the C43 had a minor hit to the front bumper and as a result the bumper and left fender were repainted. I checked the car out with a mechanic who used to work for MBZ and he said the car was in mint mechanical condition.
Yeah I also think the car has to adapt to my driving style. So far I'm very happy with it