C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Factory Code 776 (Wheel Arches)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Chargers are brutal savages! with 426 HEMI or the lesser 440 engine.

when I mention waxoil, this is rustproofing your car with thick undercoating to prevent rust.
rustproof center also pumps in oil in all cavities from doors to doorsills and where it's needed.
they check a building diagram for each specific car so htey know where to apply the protection.
I have rust protected my whole car with Dinitrol wax oil, treatment cost me approx $450 USD
Old 03-15-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG
Originally Posted by kowalski
Chargers are brutal savages! with 426 HEMI or the lesser 440 engine.

when I mention waxoil, this is rustproofing your car with thick undercoating to prevent rust.
rustproof center also pumps in oil in all cavities from doors to doorsills and where it's needed.
they check a building diagram for each specific car so htey know where to apply the protection.
I have rust protected my whole car with Dinitrol wax oil, treatment cost me approx $450 USD
Hey Kowalski. I gathered that was some type of undercoating. Is it a clear or a thick black undercoat? Most North American cars come with a light basic undercoat and the dealer offers a thicker undercoat. Do you have any pics of the finished product? Thx
Old 03-15-2017, 12:34 PM
Banned

It's thick blackish undercoating for undercarriage.
it's a flexible wax oil which lasts for many years, mine is still not dry after maybe 11 years and approx 50000km's of drive.
MOT test center always compliments me for taking good care of my car.

for internal cavities in doors and doorsills they use penetrating wax oil
this protection treatment should be done when the car is brand new or still rust free.

if your car is rusted under it's better to first fix the rust problems then treat with thick undercoating seal.

you can get some info from this british company Dinitrol specialized in rustproofing
there must be something similar in Kanada?

https://www.dinitrol.co.uk

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 03-15-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:04 PM

It's thick blackish undercoating for undercarriage.
it's a flexible wax oil which lasts for many years, mine is still not dry after maybe 11 years and approx 50000km's of drive.
MOT test center always compliments me for taking good care of my car.

for internal cavities in doors and doorsills they use penetrating wax oil
this protection treatment should be done when the car is brand new or still rust free.

if your car is rusted under it's better to first fix the rust problems then treat with thick undercoating seal.

you can get some info from this british company Dinitrol specialized in rustproofing
there must be something similar in Kanada?

https://www.dinitrol.co.uk
Yes, we have several different types of undercoating in Canada as well as various companies. I have no rust on my car yet but I want to stay one step ahead. I had the passenger fender replaced with a new W202 fender after someone hit me in a roundabout. That fender had minor paint bubbling due to rust starting underneath the paint. I had to roll the new fender and it always bothered me that it wasn't a factory rolled AMG fender. Last summer I picked up a factory rolled C43 fender on eBay. It was in almost new condition for $100 USD including shipping.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned

the unrolled fender you bought who rolled it for you?
did flare from stock fender differ a lot compared to your AMG fender?

when you had new fender rolled, was it rolled exactly to specs like the original AMG fender?
do you notice any difference in flared or imperfections after you install the new fender to your car?

it would be interesting to know how much a full coatjob will cost in Kanada?

this job will have to include:
complete underbody with front and rear axles, 4x fenders, 4x doors, door sills, trunk and hood

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 03-15-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:36 PM

the unrolled fender you bought who rolled it for you?
did flare from stock fender differ a lot compared to your AMG fender?

when you had new fender rolled, was it rolled exactly to specs like the original AMG fender?
do you notice any difference in flared or imperfections after you install the new fender to your car?

it would be interesting to know how much a full coatjob will cost in Kanada?

this job will have to include:
complete underbody with front and rear axles, 4x fenders, 4x doors, door sills, trunk and hood
Hi Kowalski. I bought a genuine fender and rolled it myself with an Easton fender roller was the fender was on the car. I kept increasing the angle bit by bit until it was close to the factory rolled fender. It was impossible to get it exact as the way the factory did it there is a sharp cutoff line where the roll ends. If I were to try to get it exact, I would have bent the fender. I was fortunate to find a used passenger fender on eBay that was located in Arizona. The desert state where rust doesn't exist.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Wow nice car
Thx DR!
Old 03-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Banned

hey bud

as we can't get the rolled fenders from stealership anymore we have to be carefull avoiding head on collisions where the fenders might get crumpled

looking for parts in AZ is a smart thing getting rust free panels
Old 03-16-2017, 01:53 PM

hey bud

as we can't get the rolled fenders from stealership anymore we have to be carefull avoiding head on collisions where the fenders might get crumpled

looking for parts in AZ is a smart thing getting rust free panels
I agree with you on that. Worse yet, would be our AMG being written off due to a small fender bender due to the age of the W202. I keep every single receipt to prove my C43's value. I was in a harmless roundabout when some punk in the outside lane thought that he could keep going around without taking the first exit. I was exiting and he got my right front. I'm fortunate as there are no parts for C43's in Canada so the insurance company let me source all brand new genuine parts. I didn't find a genuine factory rolled fender until last summer so I bought it. I'm now removing an almost new W202 fender in obsidian black and selling it.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Banned

you should be very grateful you have a great insurance company to deal with if or when something happens to your car.

I read in the newspaper that young people born in the 90's are the most dangerous drivers on the streets as they don't mind playing or texting with their cellphones while they are driving!

many of these young people are plain stupid not taking responsibility in traffic coz their minds are somewhere else.
truck drivers not paying attention in traffic, drunk drivers, drivers high on dope, suicidal types or youngsters playing with their phones these type of drivers are the really dangerous ones.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:24 PM

I think those stats are very accurate. Too many distractions nowadays as technology is slowly killing society. Taking responsibility for your actions is almost unheard of in today's world. Far too many want to take the easiest way out possible by either lying, cheating or pointing blame. I learned my lesson back in 1990 when I had my 1987 Grand National. I was dumb enough to street race a 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 when a drunk driver came out of nowhere and totalled my car. The race was over and I was decelerating when an old 70's Chrysler boat cut across six lanes. I swerved to hit him in the rear wheel and that was the end of my car. No abs or air bags in a Grand National back then and I'm fortunate that no one was killed or badly injured. The track is the only place I'll ever race now.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
That's too bad about the Grand National... What an awesome car. I'm always worried that the C43 is going to get hit in the rear because our brakes are so good. I have to constantly teach people lessons when they tailgate me. I have a few tricks I like to pull on them, one is the slow down and force them to try and overtake me followed with a roasting when they try to overtake me, which I think probably really scares them.

The second is the sudden brake in front of them, kind of scary for me because they can end up hitting me if I don't get out of the hole quick enough.

And the third, just pull to the right and let them pass. Probably the safest and usually what I do 80% of the time.

I just love when someone cuts me off, 60% of the time I pay the favor back with spades.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 5.4, ML320CDI, Fords
If you're going to run those, at least paint them body color for the love of God. They look way off as is.
I don't see them helping with rust issues. 98-00 202 is probably the most rusty Mercedes ever made. If you're going to drive it in salt, it will rust. Those things may even accelerate the process due to trapping salt and moisture in the seams.