P0400 EGR Code '96 C36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG
P0400 EGR Code '96 C36

Hello guys,

So I've read some old threads and it sounds like the above referenced code could mean either or/and a new EGR valve is needed or just some vacuum lines , but first let me mention a goof of mine that I believe may have triggered this code. So need some opinions on a couple of things. (Apologies for long winded post, but have to tell whole story to either back up my theory of why CEL came on or be told I'm out of my gourd and it's all a coincidence).

I entered my car today (for the 2nd drive of the day no problems on first drive) and am pretty sure I accidentally hit the lock on my factory alarm remote from the inside of car as my car wouldn't start and the green/red lights would flicker on rear view mirror. Well it took me 3 start attempts to figure out as car would not turn over due to the immobilizer activating (a google benzworld post lead me to this conclusion that I accidentally armed car from inside of it ). So I get out of the car arm it/unarm it get in and start car as normal, but now CEL is on. I'm thinking the 3 start attempts while car was actually armed caused this EGR CEL to trigger?

Thoughts?

Also, I have a Autel Maxiscan MS309 general question. I'm thinking of just resetting the CEL, but there's a CAUTION in Autel instruction booklet that erasing a code may erase it from car's on board computer as well. Is this really a possibility?

Thanks guys

Last edited by mppp; 05-06-2017 at 07:45 PM.