hmm...maybe some trouble...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
hmm...maybe some trouble...

as some of u may know...the c36 i have doesn't get driven a lot...twice a month maybe... last time i fired her up...i got this sulfur smell....hope my cat isn't going bad... just another one of those odd repairs i've had for a fairly inactive car...
Old 04-16-2004, 03:30 PM

1996 C36
If you find out what is causing the smell please let me know....both my C36 and 190e are giving off the same sulfer smell. Unfortunately my Jetta doesn't so bad gas is not likely the cause in my case. The C36 does it mainly after I drive the car up a steep hill. I just hope it isn't the cat....i have read somewhere tha it could be the gas I'm using...which admittedly is cheap (Costco), but with today's prices.....
Old 04-26-2004, 11:44 AM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS
It is most likely the gas, esp. if you live here in Cali. I think they are changeing over to the summer blend.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
have you guys replaced the O2 sensor recently?
i remember i used to have that smell when my O2 sensor (the one after the cat) was about to go out.
after replacing the sensor the smell went away as well
been using same gas for years, gas wasn't the issue in my case
Old 05-01-2004, 12:11 PM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS
Originally posted by mbsickness
If you find out what is causing the smell please let me know....both my C36 and 190e are giving off the same sulfer smell. Unfortunately my Jetta doesn't so bad gas is not likely the cause in my case. The C36 does it mainly after I drive the car up a steep hill. I just hope it isn't the cat....i have read somewhere tha it could be the gas I'm using...which admittedly is cheap (Costco), but with today's prices.....
Noffense to the diehards; but, gas is gas. They all buy from each other nowadays, just like electricity. The only thing I'd be cautious of, is going to an old gas station. They may have much older underground tanks, meaning more sediment and gunk. If Costco is the cheapest and the station was built at the same time as the main building, then I'd go for it. As for me, the military base is still the cheapest, and being in Cali, all bases have since swapped over to the newer synthetic tanks.