C43 DONOR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W111 230S
C43 DONOR

Hi,
I am investigating the possibility of using a C43 donor car (accident damaged) for a transplant into my old W111 fintail... I am comfortable with the complexity of transplanting the rear end in (fabricationwise) and any other structural modifications however my main question is regarding interfacing with the engine and gearbox. I already have a MOTEC M800 ecu that would be able to run the engine but I wonder how easy it would be to run the transmission standalone with something like a TCM-2000. Or would it be possible to transplant the loom etc. From what I have been reading it sounds like too much of a mission as it is tied to the key and traction control?

Any suggestions would be great

Karl
Old 08-08-2017, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
if you need a C43 donor car, I know a lightly damaged one nearby to me.

Anyway, don't bother with the C43 transmission. If you're going with a standalone ECU you can bolt up whatever will fit. Hell, you could use a getrag or tremec t56 manual transmission.

What you're asking for the TCU doesn't exist, unless someone out there makes a standalone that works with the 722.6, which I highly doubt. The stock TCU is tied to the ECU, rear diff ratio, ESP, and it's just a huge complicated mess if you try to alter anything.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W111 230S
auto

Originally Posted by Sulaco
if you need a C43 donor car, I know a lightly damaged one nearby to me.

Anyway, don't bother with the C43 transmission. If you're going with a standalone ECU you can bolt up whatever will fit. Hell, you could use a getrag or tremec t56 manual transmission.

What you're asking for the TCU doesn't exist, unless someone out there makes a standalone that works with the 722.6, which I highly doubt. The stock TCU is tied to the ECU, rear diff ratio, ESP, and it's just a huge complicated mess if you try to alter anything.
Thanks but I am in New Zealand... I do have a getrag 265 here I could Use but a tremec might be better. I would like to retain an auto if possible...
Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 5.4, ML320CDI, Fords
I'd try to swap everything if it was me but I'm also very comfortable with the systems and wiring and have all access to any information. The key wouldn't be too hard you could just wire in the ignition switch and everything.
I would like to say the traction system wouldn't be an issue but I can't say for sure. I'd try running without any traction stuff. Only hesitation is I've seen before where mismatched tire sizes can cause some weird symptoms of it randomly downshifting on its own on the highway. I'd think without the traction system even plugged in you wouldn't have that issue but I cannot say for sure. I would like to use s donor car like that to stock a complete drivetrain into sm older car at some point. Like a 123 wagon.
Good luck?