MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Still no launch date?
Old 10-17-2016, 01:20 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Still no launch date?
I am sure when someone has one they will post it...
Old 10-17-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
I am sure when someone has one they will post it...
Perhaps mambrose23 will have an update from his dealer who told him last week that potentially "Tuesday/Wednesday of this week(?). C43's were launched about two weeks ago from a different VPC (other than Baltimore) according to another Thread from someone who took delivery (he never responded as to which VPC). I can only assume for this to be the case that each VPC acts independently to certify?
Old 10-17-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Still no launch date?
My SA just confirmed that you can actually go pick up your car directly from your local VPC. The dealer will actually send a tech to your house to complete the inspection. The wait is finally over
Old 10-17-2016, 04:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 M4 comp cabriolet, 2017 C43 Sedan, (wife)
I reached out again this morning. I'll cut and paste his response:

"They just sent out an update stating that we should have the launch “middle of the week” – I would still expect Tues/Weds. Once they clear the VPC it will still take a few days to get to the dealership."

I am hoping at dealership Friday or Saturday. Hope this helps
Old 10-17-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by mambrose23

"They just sent out an update stating that we should have the launch “middle of the week” – I would still expect Tues/Weds. Once they clear the VPC it will still take a few days to get to the dealership."

Promising news, thanks dude!
Old 10-17-2016, 09:14 PM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by mambrose23

Thanks very much for the update. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
Old 10-17-2016, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
I'm so excited I can't believe it!
Old 10-18-2016, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
So it turns out I really can't believe it.... My SA said it's delayed again till at LEAST 1st week if November
Old 10-18-2016, 02:35 PM

So it turns out I really can't believe it.... My SA said it's delayed again till at LEAST 1st week if November
Your SA also doesn't know jacksh*t, so... lets relax until someone more competent corroborates that story.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Your SA also doesn't know jacksh*t, so... lets relax until someone more competent corroborates that story.
Ok Pal, it's my new SA and he was on the phone with corporate discussing it with them because I have free maintenance and money off msrp...good luck getting your car before November unless you buy it in Canada
Old 10-18-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Do you still trust your SA? I say let's wait to see what others say.

My SA says no updates about the release, and the news he got was "mid October". I don't have up to date info from my SA compared to other members in the forum.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:04 PM

Audi S5
Since dealerships generally get jerked around by management (fact of life) I tried reaching out to Corporate myself! Ofcourse got nowhere after 40 minutes and three personnel. So - as "inhartwetrust" stated - unless we can find someone thru a dealership who knows what he/she is talking about...who knows? At the very least Mercedes should give a cogent response to dealers to tell their customers....rather than different responses from different dealer contacts. I hope someone is more successful than I have been to this point. If I knew how to reach the recently appointed CEO - Dietmar Exler - trust me - I would!
Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by PR2000
I am up north in Canada and my dealer confirmed today my original date of early November and maybe sooner.
Well my C43 sedan arrived yesterday (Canada) so early by about 2 weeks. I saw it outside and wow it looks nice just need to tint the windows and delivery on Thursday One surprise was that the regular C300 winter package (rims + tires) do not fit anymore like they did on the C450 due to the large caliper in the front. Easy fix was to add 5mm spacers for $200 otherwise winter package for full AMG was $2,000 more for $4,500 before taxes ouch! (mind you it's Canadian dollars but still...) Finance guy at the dealership told me the AMG Performance exhaust is just nasty in sport plus so I can't wait since I really liked the sound of my Porsche Cayman S.

Sorry for all you boys in the USA waiting on your cars that really sucks and I hope you get them quickly.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:17 AM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
John Deeres, but wife has GLC43
Who ya gonna call to get the real scoop on the certification status of the 2017 US-market C43? Based on the job description shown at this link, I suggest you contact the Senior Certification Engineer in the Testing and Regulatory Affairs Department at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America in Ann Arbor, MI.

Oh never mind, that position is vacant and they're trying to fill it.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:49 AM
Banned

None
Originally Posted by PR2000
Well my C43 sedan arrived yesterday (Canada) so early by about 2 weeks. I saw it outside and wow it looks nice just need to tint the windows and delivery on Thursday One surprise was that the regular C300 winter package (rims + tires) do not fit anymore like they did on the C450 due to the large caliper in the front. Easy fix was to add 5mm spacers for $200 otherwise winter package for full AMG was $2,000 more for $4,500 before taxes ouch! (mind you it's Canadian dollars but still...) Finance guy at the dealership told me the AMG Performance exhaust is just nasty in sport plus so I can't wait since I really liked the sound of my Porsche Cayman S.

Sorry for all you boys in the USA waiting on your cars that really sucks and I hope you get them quickly.

I was just wondering if you are sure that the C43 front disk brake calipers are larger than the ones in C450. Because the C450's one was already a very tight fit with 18" wheels. I was planning on shifting to a 18" rims set up for winter. I really couldn't find a lot of good winter tire sizes or packages which will fit the 19" rims.

As I still did not get the car, does anyone here know the size of the performance 19" rims and the corresponding tire sizes? If so do you know of any good winter tires for it?

PS: I just placed the order for my car last week. SA said ETA is around end of November. Which I do not think will be the case given that you guys placed the order atleast a month ahead of me and still did not get delivery.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:30 AM

Audi S5
Originally Posted by Munajj Ahamed
I was just wondering if you are sure that the C43 front disk brake calipers are larger than the ones in C450. Because the C450's one was already a very tight fit with 18" wheels. I was planning on shifting to a 18" rims set up for winter. I really couldn't find a lot of good winter tire sizes or packages which will fit the 19" rims.

As I still did not get the car, does anyone here know the size of the performance 19" rims and the corresponding tire sizes? If so do you know of any good winter tires for it?

PS: I just placed the order for my car last week. SA said ETA is around end of November. Which I do not think will be the case given that you guys placed the order atleast a month ahead of me and still did not get delivery.

Thanks!
Not to depress you....but I actually placed my order the last week in June with build scheduled for week of August 10th....with arrival at Baltimore VPC around September 15th....and there it sits as we await whatever certification is required. (Anyone with further updates?). I suggest if you are trading/selling your current car to the dealer you get some kind of commitment -f possible- that he/she will hold quoted trade-in/sale on old car...if there is a delay. I probably will be facing this and hope the dealership will be honorable and not look to reduce previous quoted price of my current car inasmuch as it will probablybe almost a two month delay at this point! I give very high marks to my dealership during the ordering process (in the past I've dealt with Audi, BMW, Infiniti) - so hope it is not an issue.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by infinitiS5
Not to depress you....but I actually placed my order the last week in June with build scheduled for week of August 10th....with arrival at Baltimore VPC around September 15th....and there it sits as we await whatever certification is required. (Anyone with further updates?). I suggest if you are trading/selling your current car to the dealer you get some kind of commitment -f possible- that he/she will hold quoted trade-in/sale on old car...if there is a delay. I probably will be facing this and hope the dealership will be honorable and not look to reduce previous quoted price of my current car inasmuch as it will probablybe almost a two month delay at this point! I give very high marks to my dealership during the ordering process (in the past I've dealt with Audi, BMW, Infiniti) - so hope it is not an issue.
Your delay is because MB hasn't officially launched the car in the US, production is still on schedule (or ahead of it in many cases) across the board for the C43's. Since his car would arrive after later, your delay issue isn't applicable/transferable to him, really.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Don't worry they will be here just in time for Christmas!!! Mercedes marketing is all about Christmas!! Haha
Old 10-20-2016, 01:36 PM

Don't worry they will be here just in time for Christmas!!! Mercedes marketing is all about Christmas!! Haha
I'm still holding out for "tomorrow at the earlier and next Tuesday at the latest," per what I was told yesterday. Anytime my SA has ever referenced "speaking directly with MB Distribution" his information has materialized 100% as he told me. I guess we shall see
Old 10-20-2016, 01:53 PM

Audi S5
Your delay is because MB hasn't officially launched the car in the US, production is still on schedule (or ahead of it in many cases) across the board for the C43's. Since his car would arrive after later, your delay issue isn't applicable/transferable to him, really.
You're right - at the rate we are going - he could get his car within days of us getting ours!
Old 10-20-2016, 01:57 PM

Audi S5
I'm still holding out for "tomorrow at the earlier and next Tuesday at the latest," per what I was told yesterday. Anytime my SA has ever referenced "speaking directly with MB Distribution" his information has materialized 100% as he told me. I guess we shall see
Thanks for the update. I'll cross my fingers. Sounds promising - but until one of us hears that it has left the VPC............
Old 10-20-2016, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Does anyone know anyone around Baltimore that can drive down to the VPC and jump the fence and punch someone that works there till they give us some real info? Haha
Old 10-20-2016, 10:15 PM
Banned

None
Originally Posted by infinitiS5
I dunno, but I am in no hurry for my delivery. Because I am a non resident, they wanted a massive 15% down payment from me. So the more they delay the delivery the less I have to dip into my savings. For all I care, they can give me the car in January, I do not really mind.

About my original question though, I would really appreciate if someone kindly answers it. I am for sure not the only one who has the performance tire and rim and also plans to use in in the winter.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Munajj Ahamed

Thanks!
I was told that the 18" rims for the winter package from the C300 does not fit the C43 so you need a 5mm spacer. It does fit the C450 without spacers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 Pushed Back until Late December Release