Sponsored by:

Top Tier Winter Tires or not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'17 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Munajj Ahamed
Well Kumho Winter tires are not bad is it? I am going to give those a try. Also they come in sizes for the 19" rims.
Get a set of 18 inch rims, either Fast FC04 18x8 +30 or the random assortment of rep wheels, and some proper snow tires. You'll thank yourself later when you find out that performance winters do not work well in any sort or deep snow, and/or super slushy conditions.

I learned the hard way two years ago when I almost got into an accident driving over slush and nearly spun out while going no faster than 30 km/h and changing lanes... (I also noticed that the Blizzak LM32 I was running seemed to be worthless over more than 5cm of snow and had similar stopping distances to my all season tires at the time...)

There's a reason why tires like the Bridgestone Blizzak LM32 and the Michelin Alpin PA4 are classified as cold weather tires.

I had a great experience with my Blizzak WS80 on another similar sports sedan, but the somewhat short wear life leaves something to be desired. I will probably go with a set of X Ice 3 or Nokian Hakkapelitta next just to try them out.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by ultran00b
I will probably go with a set of X Ice 3 or Nokian Hakkapelitta next just to try them out.
Studless is definitely the way to go and thus I have XI3, square setup in 18". Safety first and thus I don't expect to have fun during the summer. Save the fun for when the weather warms up.