Sponsored by:

C43 Coupe or F-type V6S Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by YoungLane

I currently drive a 2014 F-Type convertible. I've had it since they came out 3yrs ago. I love love love the car. Ironically, I'm already smitten with the full-loaded C43 coupe I ordered last week. It will be ready in Feb.

On the F-Type: Like you, I was immediately drawn to the lines of the F-Type (and like you, I don't see many of them on the road, which is nice) This is my daily driver. It's gorgeous from every angle and the coupe is arguably even slightly better looking. little crossfire-ish, but still gorgeous.

Couple of things...price, yes is key. You mentioned going used so that helps make them more comparable...mine is the V6 and is pushing $85k...great sound, plenty of immediate throttle, constant compliments, the lines are amazing.

After having it for several years and recently driving the first C43 that the dealership got...I'm really excited for better traction(4matic)...Horsepower is great...if you can plant it and even with my base V6 (340hp) i'm connnstantly losing traction. Even if I'm not trying to punch it. There's no weight back there, which is funny since the F-Type has a gorgeous, fat ***. Now with you looking at the Coupe, your handling is going to be better than my convertible. It's definitely a sports car with regards to the suspension...I live in Dallas and it's Potholes everywhere here...so i spend most of my commute dodging road hazards. God forbid someone spits on the road and there's any sort of moisture on the pavement...this car is worthless in bad weather, luckily it's not too often/common in Texas. You will also be taking every slight incline at an angle and you'll become the best "back up parker" you know. The front bumper is too low to ever risk pulling too far into a parking spot and hearing that horrible nose of the plastic protective piece that hangs from the bumper, scrape across concrete...same with steep angles. Takes some thought.

Truthfully, the C43 Interior, handling, suspension, comfort, TECHNOLOGY, traction, and "space" all blow the F-Type out of the water, as much as that hurts to admit.

The exhaust notes on my stock jag are stellar, albiet a little gimmicky to some...I think the Perf Exhaust on the C43 rivals, if not exceeds it...specifically due to the automatic downshifting warbles the c43 exudes constantly with it in Sport+.

The pros/cons list goes on and on for both cars. I'll keep it short though and put it like this...the F-Type wins on overall looks/presence. The c43 makes up for the "blander" curb appeal by blowing it away in handling and comfort.

I'm torn...the F-type is the nicest car I've ever owned...I'm going to miss it for sure...but there are plenty of things I'm gaining with the full loaded C43 that I'm VERY excited about getting for almost $20k cheaper. Good luck.

Nice to see the comments of an actual owner as opposed to all subjective opinions
The following users liked this post:
YoungLane (11-14-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by DragonRR
The F-Type is the Mrs's car, Turbo S is my fair weather toy Spends much of it's time under a cover!
Very nice stable you have there

I test drove the Turbo S the other day... oh my, what a weapon of a car.