C43 Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Had a loud BOV and a dumped external wastegate on my 1.8t A4

It was a hell of a lot of fun .......when I was 20. No way in hell I'd run that type of setup now that I'm 30. But to each their own I suppose
That is on a single turbo 2jzgte that I don't daily drive. If I did, I would have paid the extra money to recirculate both. It was more money and planning to recirculate both. However every once in awhile it is fun. Plus it is so wet that I can't hit full boost 90% of the time around here anyway.

I don't think it is an age thing. It is what floats your boat. Whether you're 20 or older, somethings don't change. You either like them, they are a fad to you, or you don't.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:41 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
vrooooooooom TISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
The following users liked this post:
gabe.m (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
okay I need to act more mature in this sub-forum. I'm gonna scare away all the classy drivers.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:49 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
Originally Posted by unr1
okay I need to act more mature in this sub-forum. I'm gonna scare away all the classy drivers.
yeah you do. What were you thinking! Here on these forums we like subdued cars. We have joined a car Enthusiast Forum to talk about getting good prices on our lease, show off the car that we bought that is completely stock, and complain about squeaks in the dash. We will talk about the lonely people who enjoyed modding their car and adding something different than what the factory provided. How dare they
unr1 (04-10-2017)
Old 04-01-2021, 07:11 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_FVR
Are we turning back times with these blow off valves?? Come on, we bought these cars because we are grown ups. BOV are for kids.

Dumbest thing I’ve read on this entire forum. Did you mean senior citizens instead of grown ups? I’m confused. Who wants a turbo charged car to be quiet? If you want quiet and you want to wear out your turbos, go ahead and buy a smart car or a hybrid lol.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:18 AM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Had a loud BOV and a dumped external wastegate on my 1.8t A4

It was a hell of a lot of fun .......when I was 20. No way in hell I'd run that type of setup now that I'm 30. But to each their own I suppose

30?! I’m 47 and I just put two on my C63! You’re only as old as you feel and/or act! If you’re acting like my grandpa at 30, you’re not living life lol. When I was 30, I was still going out on the weekends and getting drunk, picking up women and doing drugs off their @zzes! Live life while you’re young, Don’t waste it trying to make people think you’re “grown up”! That’s boring and lame. Im not saying to go out a lower it and put hydraulics on the car, but if you think a cool blow off sound and saving the life of your turbos while creating more boost pressure is for young people, some one raised you the wrong way. Either that or you spent too many years playing video games online lol.
king_supreme1 (02-15-2024)
Old 04-01-2021, 07:23 AM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by gabe.m
What I am getting here is: if a 20 year old "boy" wants to have it, that can't be right .

Sorry guys, but I can't agree with that. Why did you buy an AMG? Because you can afford it now? If you could afford an Impreza WRX STI, or a regular C300, what would you buy? The C300, just because it's not a "boy" car?

I'm not 20, and I believe some's reasoning for not having a BOV is just wrong.
Its totally wrong! And it sounds to me like they’re getting busy dying instead of getting busy living! I’m over twice the age of 20 and I’m on here trying to figure out where the location of the passenger side diverter valve is so I can put the second one on my car. The sound is cool and I like the extra boost pressure and extended life of my turbos they give you. Mercedes opted out putting them on and sacrificing boost pressure because they figured (and were right) that the census of MB buyers are senior citizens or at least act like one because they like the “quiet” and don’t much care for performance. They don’t add HP, but the car is much more responsive.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:27 AM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by cenzo86
Keep talking smack with your emissions equipment removed. There you go driving around, billowing smog into the air like a cheese bus.
Captain Planet is gonna come get you.

...Gunnar take pollution down to zero!

We’ll all be dead by the time the environment turns to Crap. And if you’re gonna reference the kids... no one with a right mind should be bringing any children into this world with people passing out participation trophies and our government inserting deadly viruses out in the open for population control situations. So ho ahead and increase boost response and the life of your turbos and get some blow off valves. You’re not hurting anyone lol
Old 02-15-2024, 11:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C43/ 2016 C450(RIP)
Talking

Originally Posted by gpouliniii
Its totally wrong! And it sounds to me like they’re getting busy dying instead of getting busy living! I’m over twice the age of 20 and I’m on here trying to figure out where the location of the passenger side diverter valve is so I can put the second one on my car. The sound is cool and I like the extra boost pressure and extended life of my turbos they give you. Mercedes opted out putting them on and sacrificing boost pressure because they figured (and were right) that the census of MB buyers are senior citizens or at least act like one because they like the “quiet” and don’t much care for performance. They don’t add HP, but the car is much more responsive.
Have any pointers? Did you ever install this ? I know it's a 7 yr old thread, but I'm 47 and love that sound still as well
Old 02-17-2024, 10:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Wagon
49 years old... still a child I guess.. Love the sound of my aftermarket BOVs. Its really tough to get in there, but its there... just be patient and you'll get it. I used my phone to see the bolts since you pretty much can't get in there with anything else.