Free stuff from Dealership??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by jrcart
LOL, my dealership taped on the front license plate bracket on one my SLS Black Series as a joke...they got me, I was like WTF is that???
HAHAHAHAHA! Holy crap that must have been intense there for a second
Old 01-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Porsche 981S Ferrari 328GTS MB AMG C43 Lunar Blue Sedan
LOL, my dealership taped on the front license plate bracket on one my SLS Black Series as a joke...they got me, I was like WTF is that??? Most dealerships know better than to stick their stupid dealership stickers on a $100k car, I am always amazed when I see a $100+ car driving down the road with one of those tacky stickers on the bumper.
That's a pretty funny joke with your SLS. I'd have probably shown up and been like WTF is that on my car??? Our MB dealer is pretty good. I've brought my Ferrari there for an inspection sticker and I asked if they wanted me to zip tie the front plate to the grille and they said, "No don't worry about it, but if you get pulled over leaving here, it was on your car when we did the inspection and must have fallen off when you left our drive way."

Yes, I can't believe the number of high end cars I see with tacky stickers or worse on their cars. Two high end dealers in our region (selling BMW, Porsche, MB, Audi) put these huge, hideous plastic medallions with the dealers' name on the bumper or truck lid!!!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Dino944
That's a pretty funny joke with your SLS. I'd have probably shown up and been like WTF is that on my car??? Our MB dealer is pretty good. I've brought my Ferrari there for an inspection sticker and I asked if they wanted me to zip tie the front plate to the grille and they said, "No don't worry about it, but if you get pulled over leaving here, it was on your car when we did the inspection and must have fallen off when you left our drive way."

Yes, I can't believe the number of high end cars I see with tacky stickers or worse on their cars. Two high end dealers in our region (selling BMW, Porsche, MB, Audi) put these huge, hideous plastic medallions with the dealers' name on the bumper or truck lid!!!
It was funny after I realized it was just a joke and they didn't drill my front bumper cover. My salesman runs out to the truck when they are delivering my cars and pulls the front license plate bracket out of the trunk just to make sure one of the porters don't drill the front bumper and install the bracket. He says the dealership has a policy of asking all customer is they want the front plate installed even though it is a state law.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
LOL, dude my have gotten raped on his leasing rates
Nope.
Purchased, special order, 10% dealer discount from MSRP. Missed the $1500 rebate though because shipping from Vance, Alabama actually takes longer to get to the Pacific NW than a boat from Europe does. Offer expired before the car arrived. Car was almost 6 weeks in transit.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 OB Black AMG c63s
It's free, all you will need is your AMG VIN number and your name. It is owned and operated by MB/AMG. They also release info like DOG's there a few days before they hit the public. Actual AMG employees work the site so they can answer very specific questions as well as get involved and handle problems you might have. They have private chat sessions where AMG engineers and even people higher up the food chain are online live answering questions. It's a nice source for info, it doesn't get the traffic Mb World gets but still a cool and private site, no trolls over there because you have to be a registered AMG owner to participate.
JR that's really big of you giving PL props after all the stuff that went down there.

You are the man!!