C43 estate EU spec issues and questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C43 AMG
C43 estate EU spec issues and questions

Hi there.

I decided to create new thread about my car cause I believe, that an estate isn't a very common thing around here as for w205 and I'm from EU so we can see about any differences in EU and US spec. On 11.15.2016 I received my long awaited C43 estate in brilliant blue. Overall I must say I'm happy with the car but I've found some problems with it and I'd like to post it here to compare with your experience.
Off we go...

1. Driver side doors and AMG plate. I've noticed that the AMG logo plate is a little damaged. At first I thought that I might have crushed some kind of little stone or something but I went down on my knees and found out that there is something under the paint, It looks like a spark from welding that no-one noticed and went straight to painting on the production line.
2. Problem with upholstery under rear seat
3. Bad quality finish in all door pockets
4. A dent on this red V-shaped part of an engine cover. This dent must have been before paint coating, because the paint itself isn’t damaged.
5. Boost gauge in AMG mode of main cluster. I managed to record a short video showing the boost gauge going crazy when not applying any gas.
6. Some serious jerkiness of the transmission. No matter what mode was set, the 2 to 3 upshift was rather unpleasant in most times.

2 weeks ago all of my problems were reported to a dealer and after leaving my car for 2 days I got it back just before NYE. They managed to fix the back seat upholstery problem and they told me that they’ve updated the engine and transmission firmwares. The result is there is no longer a problem with crazy boost gauge but the transmission is a disaster now. From one of better transmissions I’ve driven it changed to one of the worst. The gearbox has serious problems with recognizing what I'm trying to do with my gas pedal and in eco or comfort mode it acts like in sport+ . I mean that when applying like 25% of the throttle it holds on low gears and revs up to like 3-4k rpm and despite lifting my foot it doesn’t shift up at all. Only if I keep my foot down at the same level for an annoying amount of time the car upshifts, but it feels rather ridiculous to cruise in a traffic jam keeping the engine on 4k rpm for 100-200 meters.

As for door paint thing, door pocket finish and engine cover dent I'm waiting for my dealer to get a response from Stuttgart about my case. I haven't reported yet that the new transmission software is a joke over the original one but I’ll let you know as soon as I do this and get some response from MB.

There is also another major case I'm writing this post. I bought the car on standard 18” rims with winter tires and these don’t look so good. I’m willing to buy another set for summer time and here is my question. 19” or 20” ? what sizes, what manufacturer etc. Oh and I wouldn’t like to pay more than 600$ per rim.

FYI stock winter setup is:

Front: 225/45 R18; 18x7,5J ET33
Rear: 245/40 R18; 18x8,5J ET49

From what I’ve found out stock 19” setup would be:

Front: 225/40 R19; 19x7,5J ET33
Rear: 255/35 R19; 19x8,5J ET52

It’s really hard to find rims with same sizes that stock 19” and I’ve no experience in rims/tire/car fitting so here is my question what are my options for 19” and 20” setup for this car.

Also an important case is the ride quality with 20” considering roads in Poland are rather medium/poor quality. So is it worth to get 20” and loose all of the comfort that, let’s be honest, C43 doesn’t have that much to offer.

Below are some photos of my ride and the problems I found. Also a link to YT video showing crazy boost gauge.

On the aluminum plate you can see a little dent.

This thing in the center of the photo is causing the dent on the AMG side skirt plate. I stated that I demand new door assembly as well as new side skirt plate.

This was fixed under first visit in MB dealership

This is really bad quality finish. The worst part is its almost as bad as here in every single door pocket. I reported this and I'm waiting for a response from MB

This case also await's

Here is a video of this gauge thing