Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 Coupe Winter wheels and tires recommended

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 03:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
[QUOTE=mem0ry27;7327800]Hi guys, i would like to max out my wheels and would like to know what is the maximin size and the setup i can go for C43 coupe? I am currently on the original 19” rim. There’s no winter in my country so i don’t need a winter tyre.
Please advise, must

The largest wheels I have seen are 20 inch. There are some pictures on this forum somewhere, I cannot remember the thread.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Porsche 981S Ferrari 328GTS MB AMG C43 Lunar Blue Sedan

New winter wheels and tires are on the car. 225/45 18 Michelin X Ice xi3 all around. They came mounted, balanced, and including tpms from Tirerack.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
^ liking those, compliment the vehicle well.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Porsche 981S Ferrari 328GTS MB AMG C43 Lunar Blue Sedan
Originally Posted by alexasa
^ liking those, compliment the vehicle well.
Thank you and have a great holiday season!
Old 01-20-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
+1 for a second "dedicated winter" setup.

These are 8" x 18" ET30 mounted with Michelin X-ice.
They've been great so far, just broke the 1,000 km mark yesterday.

Just got these same wheels now on the hunt for those centre caps, where did you get them and what size are they?!?!?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:18 AM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
+1 for a second "dedicated winter" setup.

These are 8" x 18" ET30 mounted with Michelin X-ice.
They've been great so far, just broke the 1,000 km mark yesterday.

Hey 1Gunner have you had any problems with this setup?
i bought this same setup for my C450 last month and ever since ive been having some issues.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:53 AM

2018 C43

18x8 et30 Fast FC04 with Nokian Hakkapellita R2 tires. $2800CAD all in with TPMS + mounted and balanced + 1 season storage for summer tires/rims.

Have yet to have any problem even in deep snow.

Last edited by barryuan; 02-20-2018 at 01:53 AM. Reason: More content
Old 03-06-2018, 05:38 PM

C43 Amg Coupe 2018
I have a C43 AMG 2018 on a 30 month lease, and just when I was closing the deal after hours of waiting and a lot of nonse, I have realized that the car had summer tires on them. I have specifically told the dealer that I wanted 4Matic because I live in San Francisco and go to Tahoe almost every two weeks so I needed to survive just that last 50 mile in the mountain. Otherwise SF is most of the year above 50 which would not play well with winter tires. All season tires would have been good enough but here I am..

No I don't have any space to store summer rims&tires and I am not planning to purchase this car after the lease end. I went to Tahoe last week and it actually held up better than I thought but downhill was a nightmare, skid twice and came close to having an accident.

Now I am thinking, the season is almost ended so I have only two more winters remaining, let's say 6 rides a winter * 300 500 miles = 6000 miles total in winter conditions. ( well 2000 really in the winter zone but can't really swap on the road right

Here are my current tires:

225/40R19 Front - 255/35R19 Rear

Would would you recommend I though? As I won't have much time with this car, and I am planning to switch to a Dual Motor Model 3 when available, I am considering to buy used tires maybe rims too but not really sure. I just need a solution :/ Or should I buy a good All-Season tire instead?

If you have a second hand set you are willing to sell, I am interested. Any help is appreciated!

AMG C43 in Tahoe with Summer Tires
Old 03-06-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
[QUOTE=Server Agirman;7397926]I have a C43 AMG 2018 on a 30 month lease, and just when I was closing the deal after hours of waiting and a lot of nonse, I have realized that the car had summer tires on them. I have specifically told the dealer that I wanted 4Matic because I live in San Francisco and go to Tahoe almost every two weeks so I needed to survive just that last 50 mile in the mountain. Otherwise SF is most of the year above 50 which would not play well with winter tires. All season tires would have been good enough but here I am..

No I don't have any space to store summer rims&tires and I am not planning to purchase this car after the lease end. I went to Tahoe last week and it actually held up better than I thought but downhill was a nightmare, skid twice and came close to having an accident.

Now I am thinking, the season is almost ended so I have only two more winters remaining, let's say 6 rides a winter * 300 500 miles = 6000 miles total in winter conditions. ( well 2000 really in the winter zone but can't really swap on the road right

Here are my current tires:

225/40R19 Front - 255/35R19 Rear

Would would you recommend I though? As I won't have much time with this car, and I am planning to switch to a Dual Motor Model 3 when available, I am considering to buy used tires maybe rims too but not really sure. I just need a solution :/ Or should I buy a good All-Season tire instead?

If you have a second hand set you are willing to sell, I am interested. Any help is appreciated!

AMG C43 in Tahoe with Summer Tires[/

i would normally recommend getting a set of Winter wheels and snows, but given that you do not have space and live in SF I would say buy a set of all season tires and find some place to store the summer tires for 30 months and our them back on before you turn the car in at the end of the lease.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Winter Rims & Calipers

Hi there,

You're winter rims and red calipers look awesome! How did you get the brakes painted red?

Just placed an order for the 2019 C43 AMG Coupe.

Dealership in Ottawa advised not to purchase alloy winter rims, and to use MB forged winter wheels only. But they're charging $3999 with tires.

How are the RWC wheels and tires? I'm thinking of not listening to MB and getting those instead.

Thanks

QUOTE:
I purchased RWC 18" and Hakka's and still staggered for Calgary Winter's. Also had my Calipers painted.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-16-2018, 05:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Hi,

I had a local performance shop paint them for me. They used VHT caliper paint and did not require to remove the calipers to paint. They cleaned and masked off the necessary areas and then masked off the entire car so no overspray will get on the car. They used a heat gun to cure the paint on the calipers. The AMG logo is a high heat vinyl decal and I have had no issues with them at all. I have chipped the paint by accident when changing my wheels but it is an easy fix. I just purchased a can of the VHT Caliper paint from Canadian Tire and spray it into a small container and use a paint brush and touch the area and I also use a heat gun to cure the paint. The RWC wheels on my Hakka's work great with no issues. I don't believe that RWC sells the MB22 any more but they have plenty of other options are the design and made for winter. I hope that answers your questions. Love to see pictures when you take collection of your car.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:10 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Winter Rims & Calipers

Awesome thanks for the detailed info 2017C43!

Below are the RWC winter rims I'm planning to get. Acura is giving a discount for $2000 CAD all-in including Toyo winter tires:

Originally Posted by 2017C43
Hi,

I had a local performance shop paint them for me. They used VHT caliper paint and did not require to remove the calipers to paint. They cleaned and masked off the necessary areas and then masked off the entire car so no overspray will get on the car. They used a heat gun to cure the paint on the calipers. The AMG logo is a high heat vinyl decal and I have had no issues with them at all. I have chipped the paint by accident when changing my wheels but it is an easy fix. I just purchased a can of the VHT Caliper paint from Canadian Tire and spray it into a small container and use a paint brush and touch the area and I also use a heat gun to cure the paint. The RWC wheels on my Hakka's work great with no issues. I don't believe that RWC sells the MB22 any more but they have plenty of other options are the design and made for winter. I hope that answers your questions. Love to see pictures when you take collection of your car.

I'll need to find a good performance place in Ottawa or Toronto to paint my calipers. Will have them do my 2019 Acura RDX ASPEC while waiting C43 to come in: