Sponsored by:

What do you love/hate about your C43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 AMG C43
72 Hours into ownership and I've found my first legitimate "Hate"

I HATE the eco switch that turns the car off at traffic lights, stop signs, in the driveway and anywhere else I'm stopped for more than a few seconds

Yes, I realize all it takes is pushing that one button on start up when I remember to do that which is not usually so far, although I'll try to get that into my routine

The problem I'm having is I switch driving modes while driving between Comfort, Sport and Sport+ and once I leave Comfort and return to it, the eco mode reactivates

Does anyone have a solution to permanently solve this issue?

Can the dealer program this button to never activate?

Does this bother anyone else, or am I being overly critical of this issue?

If I only had to do it one time when starting the car, it would still be a pain but every time I switch driving modes and every time I'm in/out of the car seems a bit annoying.

On a given day if I'm running around, I might be in and out of the car a dozen times throughout the day. That's a dozen times of remembering to push that button which is too many, but then add every time I switch between driving modes during those dozen short trips and I'm pushing that button 50 times a day. That is excessive and annoying.

Last edited by Jimmy C43; 03-26-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by Jimmy C43
I HATE the eco switch that turns the car off at traffic lights, stop signs, in the driveway and anywhere else I'm stopped for more than a few seconds
New owner here as well and in the past two weeks, this is probably the most common complaint I've seen from others, second only to creeks and rattles. I've just gotten used to it. Annoying? Sure...but very manageable with pedal work. A slight release of pressure on the brake restarts the engine at will.

This is my first auto car so I'm obsessively used to having to be very engaged with driving. I'm always watching the angles, lights, cross traffic, cars approaching from behind, etc. The one thing I've started doing is using the HOLD function at lights, then hovering between gas and brake. A very slight tap of throttle restarts the engine but will not release the hold until I actually want to accelerate.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
The one thing I've started doing is using the HOLD function at lights, then hovering between gas and brake. A very slight tap of throttle restarts the engine but will not release the hold until I actually want to accelerate.
This brake "Hold" feature is something I discovered today by accident sitting at a red light

Haven't really taken advantage of it yet, but it is something I'm going to try to start using to see if I like it

As you stated, I'm also very aware when driving so for me to use that brake hold feature might make me feel like I was slacking a little in my awareness but it is a cool feature

I'm really looking forward to learning all the different features this car has to offer, cool stuff that is not on normal cars in the 30k range (which is the range I've always bought cars in, just came out of a Toyota Camry).

I'm also going to try to learn something new every day about the car

My salesperson said if I mastered the voice command feature, I would get a lot of value out of it. I'm going to try to work on that as soon as I have all the basic stuff I need to do figured out
Old 03-27-2017, 01:21 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Little known tidbits that I wish I had been told when I first got the car.

Holding down the left paddle shifter force drops a few gears for some really aggressive acceleration. Holding down the right paddle shifter forces the car back in to automatic mode.

Pressing start twice with your foot off the gas allows you to shift the car in to Sport+ without the engine being on. Turning it on the third time with your foot on the brake will turn the car on in full exhaust glory.
The following users liked this post:
kenbefound (03-13-2018)
Old 03-27-2017, 03:10 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Little known tidbits that I wish I had been told when I first got the car.

Holding down the left paddle shifter force drops a few gears for some really aggressive acceleration. Holding down the right paddle shifter forces the car back in to automatic mode.

Pressing start twice with your foot off the gas allows you to shift the car in to Sport+ without the engine being on. Turning it on the third time with your foot on the brake will turn the car on in full exhaust glory.
wait a damn minute. The dealership didn't tell you about these features? Get the heck out of here!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by unr1
wait a damn minute. The dealership didn't tell you about these features? Get the heck out of here!
Let me know if you want me to help find you a reputable sales rep that can answer your questions - you probably haven't been looking hard enough bud.
The following users liked this post:
unr1 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 04:23 PM

coming from an E350 the eco stop doesn't bother me much

I'm so use to pressing the button anyway.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Let me know if you want me to help find you a reputable sales rep that can answer your questions - you probably haven't been looking hard enough bud.
reputable lol. Yea just PM me their linkedin
but seriously. I find so much more info on these forums so I will always prefer searching/asking before asking a sales rep. If you can call yours and get legit info then I'm glad for you.

Anyway, thanks for your tips. Back to topic
Old 03-27-2017, 09:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 Cab
Originally Posted by mo11
Looks like most of the owners here love and hate the same things about this car... I hate that it didn't come with 400+hp stock from the manufacturer. Really, mercedes? With all the money we spent, you can't squeeze in and give us a break of 40 more hp's, really? I know i can get even more with a tune... but i just don't wanna deal with that... hahaha!
I suspect that MB is protecting the C63 by leaving the HP gap at 100+ HP. The C43 with 400+ HP and FWD might be almost almost as quick as the C63.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes AMG GT 2020
I love the car in general but the things that annoy me include:

-Since I don't have the multimedia package, my car has been opted with the apple car play. (I connect with bluetooth because I hate using the wire) I have to manually go through my phone to go into my playlist. I can't search my playlist from the infotainment system.

-I hate when I want to go from Sport+ (with valves open, manuel mode, stiff suspension) down the Eco and my car closes the valves, goes to comfort suspension BUT stays in manual mode.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:37 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Cons:
  • Turbo lag in first gear sucks ***- my 2015 X3 3.5i has zero turbo lag
  • Navigation is confusing to use
  • Governed at 133 mph- Why when a ****box Kia Stinger does 167mph
  • Lame exhaust tips for such a powerful car
Pro:
  • I really like most everything else very much
Old 03-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C43
I've owned by C43 for 6 months now and generally love the car.

Great performance for the dollar.
Love the Lunar Blue color w/ black interior
Interior looks awesome too.

Dislikes:
Squeaks and rattles - ughhhhhh.
Not being able to select a preferred starting drive mode.
Turbo lag off the line in first.
Navigation system - anyone figure out how to use voice commands to "navigate home"?

I get the car tuned next Friday by AMR in Danbury, CT. Supposedly changes the whole dynamics and personality of the car. I'll post back my experiences.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
^^ "Turbo lag" LOLOLOL! You guys are funny.

I think I've already posted in here before but since it's back at the top, I just got say how much I still love this hunk of metal!

18months/15,xxx miles in and I'm still loving this damn thing every day that I drive it. Although A lot of that has to do with the added power of the tune and the added sound of the DP's (god DAMN my car sounds amazing!) haha!

Does anyone else drive in "S+" and manual-shift mode around 90-95% of the time?