Sponsored by:

What do you love/hate about your C43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450, 2014 CLA250, 2007 E350
What do you love/hate about your C43?

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. What do you guys love about your car or perhaps hate? I recently started a youtube channel that talks about my car. I mostly talk about C Class, more into C400/C450/C43 V6 engine. I would like to know suggestions of what kind of stuff do fellow C class owners like to watch about their car. Please comment below on your opinion about your car. I personally love mine, coming from a CLA250, its much more faster and luxurious too

Here are some videos, I would appreciate it if you could take the time to watch and give me feedback. You could also suggest some other videos that I can possibly make.

P.S. If you have watched the video and wondered if I am 14, no I am not.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
I've loved a lot more since I got rid of the run flat tires. Boy were those things crippling the poor car.

Hates? Gas filler is awful and never works well with CA pumps. I don't like how the blind spot monitor is triggered in double left turns (would it really be so hard to program the car not to set off the alarm if steering angle is >X degrees?). Other than that it has really grown on me.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2017 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
Nice video's. I can play music from my i-Phone through the USB connection.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:44 AM

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
2020 C43 sedan(hers), 2021 Porsche 992 TurboS(his)
I've found the driver's seat, compared to others, uncomfortable from day 1.

However I must admit... this car is truly growing on me!!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG C43 Coupe
1. Engine
2. Body style (coupe only)
3. Performance exhaust
4. Seats
5. Panoramic roof

Dislikes

1. Interior rattles
2. Strange transmission behavior at low speeds
3. Burmeister stereo (meh)

I have had my c43 coupe for about 4 months now having just come off a 2014 Audi S5 lease. I loved the S5, but Audi didn't have the new model ready when my lease was up so I opted for the c43. I like the c43 and it is certainly faster than my S5, but it doesn't feel as well put together as the Audi.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
(+s)
- Interior & exterior styling
- Power delivery
- Exhaust note
- Extremely customizable seating position
- Flat bottom steering wheel

(-s)
- Interior rattles
- Lack feedback on mBrace app. Remote start and lock/unlock works every time, but I almost never get confirmation that it started or locked
- Burmester sound is just okay
- Lack of spare tire
- No drive mode memory...I drive in eco or S+ only. It'd be nice to not have to blip down every time I start the car
Old 03-21-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG C43 Coupe
- Lack of spare tire
- No drive mode memory...I drive in eco or S+ only. It'd be nice to not have to blip down every time I start the car[/QUOTE]

Agree. Runflats are worthless. Drive mode memory would be nice, as would the ability to permanently disable auto start/stop.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Lionel_Hutz
I've loved a lot more since I got rid of the run flat tires. Boy were those things crippling the poor car.

Hates? Gas filler is awful and never works well with CA pumps. I don't like how the blind spot monitor is triggered in double left turns (would it really be so hard to program the car not to set off the alarm if steering angle is >X degrees?). Other than that it has really grown on me.

Hey I was just wondering which Run Flats came with the car? I got the car in the winter and I got 19" OEM Size LM-32s installed right after I got delivery of the car and it was amazing. Never got to test the grip of the stock run flats. I was planning to install them back on the summer but your comment just made me rethink. What is your recommendation about this?
Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
My C400 lights come on as you described in the "European model", you have to have your light switch in the AUTO position, I believe. And I think you need the top of the line light package, which I think illuminates your door handles too.

Keyless-Go not working properly? It should unlock unless there is a problem with the fob.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 AMG C43
Likes -

- AMG Performance Seats
- Interior looks (carbon and aluminum combo with the seats is amazing)
- Cornering is fantastic
- The engine when pushed is sublime
- Ability to use the power in city driving
- AMG Performance Steering wheel
- Exhaust note

Dislikes -

INTERIOR RATTLES AND SQUEAKS (far too many, huge disappointment)
- Lack of shift lever
- Total lack of memory settings across the board (Drive mode defaults, auto start/stop defaults, rear view cam view defaults; all of these ruin my love of the car)
- Clunky, jerky performance at slow speeds in Sport+ setting
- Burmeister is weak compared to the HK in my previous 550i
- Steering is SO SOFT, even in Sport+
- COMMAND is well behind iDrive and MMI in simplicity and sensibility

Overall, I LIKE the car. That being said, I do not LOVE it. I moved in to MB after 9 years of BMW ownership. Already planning for my next BMW. MB quality control is really lacking, the interior rattles more than my Jeep Wrangler.....
The following users liked this post:
Flash Gordon (03-22-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:47 PM

C43
Originally Posted by munis
Hey I was just wondering which Run Flats came with the car? I got the car in the winter and I got 19" OEM Size LM-32s installed right after I got delivery of the car and it was amazing. Never got to test the grip of the stock run flats. I was planning to install them back on the summer but your comment just made me rethink. What is your recommendation about this?
Either Pirelli or Continental. I've driven C43s with both tires. The Pirelli is terrible--no steering feel and very stiff. The Conti is a bit better but still way behind a normal sports tire.

I put on the Michelin 4S (the new PSS replacement). The PSS has been my go-to tire on every car I've owned for a while now, and the 4S is the same or better. The 4S gives the C43 the sensation of having nearly limitless grip. But any high-performance summer tire you buy is going to be better than the RFTs.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by coladin
My C400 lights come on as you described in the "European model", you have to have your light switch in the AUTO position, I believe. And I think you need the top of the line light package, which I think illuminates your door handles too.

Keyless-Go not working properly? It should unlock unless there is a problem with the fob.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to watch my videos.
I believe we do not get the "blue" LED lights. I am from Ontario as well and as far as I know, the reason why the LED isn't blue is due to some regulations here.

Also for the keyless-go, I thought it was a battery problem but researching further into it, turns out Mercedes have been having this issue for a long time. My problem was, it won't let me unlock as if I did not have my keys with me. Not sure how to fix it, I have changed my battery twice. My Honda definitely does better than this.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by atl 2 chi
Nice video's. I can play music from my i-Phone through the USB connection.
Thank you for taking the time to watch the video. I have tried several times to play music from the USB when I first got the car but it won't work. Haven't tried ever since and only listened through the Bluetooth connection. I'll give it a shot and see if it works.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
I really love almost everything about the car. I can deal with the little things here and there that could be improved upon but this is a C Class after all. Bottom of the barrel...

The only thing I truly dislike is not having memory for the Drive Modes. I drive in S+ 95% of the time so every time I get in the car, I have to change it. But I also change to manual and turn TC off so since it's all right there, it's not even that big of a deal. Such second nature to me now that when I hop in the car, I've switched everything to how I want it.

Good luck on your youtube venture. If you are going to continue, I'll offer you some constructive criticism if you don't mind. So far, you're on the right track, but the only thing I would suggest is to form a bit of a script for them. You don't have to be verbatim, but just know what you are going to say and have the specific terms for what you are talking about. I think it'll really help your videos look much more professional. Even for a 14 yr old
Old 03-22-2017, 10:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Sedan
Thanks I just realized I had the trunk assist or whatever it's called the option that opens the trunk with your foot under the bumper. I was like a kid trying it out today.

I love the car and like most I am overall quite pleased but it's not perfect since nothing is really but the weirdest thing for me is when I was the car in the garage the door locks and unlock like it is possessed when I spray water over the sensors on the door handles. I know I could press twice the lock button on the key fob but that makes it difficult to wash the mirrors since they fold inside. Just weird.

Love the most is the Performance Exhaust sound!!!
Old 03-23-2017, 02:29 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Love:
- The AMG performance exhaust is obnoxiously loud when it needs to be.
- Magno paint - the matte gray has a beautiful sheen to it that cannot be described!
- The interior is extremely comfortable for long rides - definitely easier on the back and bum than a 4 series coupe.
- Understated performance - Mercedes claims 4.6s for 0 to 60 - independent tests have found it pushing times closer to 4.2s. You're definitely in for a treat when you brake torque the car in Sport+.
- 69 Rear / 31 Front power split. Sport+ and Traction control off - you can whip the tail out quite a bit.
- AMG flat bottom steering wheel is the best I've ever felt.
- Jekyll and Hyde personality. You can have a quiet enjoyable ride in Comfort, but throw it in to Sport+ and it becomes a very different animal.

Hate:
- The car rides pretty low - not a fault of the cars, but it's almost impossible not to scrape the bottom guard on the disaster known as Toronto roads.
- Expensive packages add up really quickly. Fully spec'ed this car runs for over 80k CAD
- Beluga shape - the entire current C class line up looks like different members of the Beluga whale family.
- Still a big gap in terms of driver engagement between this and the current 3/4 series. Every C-class AMG car drives like a rough blunt axe, every 3/4 series M car drives like a precision scalpel. Choose your poison.
- Still no scroll wheel on the steering to fly through your playlist??? Come on Mercedes!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:09 PM

C43
Originally Posted by PR2000

I love the car and like most I am overall quite pleased but it's not perfect since nothing is really but the weirdest thing for me is when I was the car in the garage the door locks and unlock like it is possessed when I spray water over the sensors on the door handles. I know I could press twice the lock button on the key fob but that makes it difficult to wash the mirrors since they fold inside. Just weird.
Put the key fob inside your house when you're washing the car.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:44 AM

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
2020 C43 sedan(hers), 2021 Porsche 992 TurboS(his)
Originally Posted by Lionel_Hutz
Put the key fob inside your house when you're washing the car.
When I'm at the car wash, I toss it on the seat to avoid that "lock..unlock...lock...unlock..etcetc" every time the sprayer hits one of the door handles (when I forget the key in my pocket).
Old 03-24-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 181 Likes on 142 Posts
2017 C43
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
When I'm at the car wash, I toss it on the seat to avoid that "lock..unlock...lock...unlock..etcetc" every time the sprayer hits one of the door handles (when I forget the key in my pocket).
hahaha! I know what you mean... i leave mine inside the cup holder. The attendant could never figure out where it is...
Old 03-24-2017, 02:49 PM

2017 C43
Looks like most of the owners here love and hate the same things about this car... I hate that it didn't come with 400+hp stock from the manufacturer. Really, mercedes? With all the money we spent, you can't squeeze in and give us a break of 40 more hp's, really? I know i can get even more with a tune... but i just don't wanna deal with that... hahaha!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by mo11
Looks like most of the owners here love and hate the same things about this car... I hate that it didn't come with 400+hp stock from the manufacturer. Really, mercedes? With all the money we spent, you can't squeeze in and give us a break of 40 more hp's, really? I know i can get even more with a tune... but i just don't wanna deal with that... hahaha!
I feel the same, but subjectively, you have to think, where does it stop at that point? When you compare it with the competition (340i/S4), it's at the top of the podium in regard to power output.

They could have, and possibly did, think to keep it at ~320hp like the c400 was but then had your same thought of "screw it, lets give it 40 more hp."

360/380 is a fantastic amount of power for a stock sedan. Especially since it's not even a "real AMG"
Old 03-24-2017, 10:42 PM

2017 C43
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
I feel the same, but subjectively, you have to think, where does it stop at that point? When you compare it with the competition (340i/S4), it's at the top of the podium in regard to power output.

They could have, and possibly did, think to keep it at ~320hp like the c400 was but then had your same thought of "screw it, lets give it 40 more hp."

360/380 is a fantastic amount of power for a stock sedan. Especially since it's not even a "real AMG"
That's true... its just that, that stupid little giulia (haha, jk) has a 2.9li v6 that does 505hp...! I hate it!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by mo11
That's true... its just that, that stupid little giulia (haha, jk) has a 2.9li v6 that does 505hp...! I hate it!
That car is quite impressive. I'd love to test drive that thing. I've heard nothing but great things.

It's also the competitor of the M3/4 and c63. Not the c43
Old 03-24-2017, 11:14 PM

2017 C43
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
That car is quite impressive. I'd love to test drive that thing. I've heard nothing but great things.

It's also the competitor of the M3/4 and c63. Not the c43
oh yeah, me too... i wanna test drive that little imp! I'm just not sure about the support service-wise...
Old 03-26-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Just starting to get familiar with my car, so far...

Love:

It's a "Sleeper": I Normally drive in Comfort Mode, but with a flip or 2 of the switch it's growling away in Sport+ mode and eating up asphalt (and every other car on the road)"

Exhaust: Mine is equipped with the AMG Performance Exhaust which sounds insane when hammering the gas or decelerating from speed as it shifts between the gears. I don't think it actually increases performance, but the sound is great

4 Door Sedan: It's an awesome combination of style & sport. Originally, when researching online, I was hooked on the Coupe but in looking at the actual cars my preference switched to liking the 4 Door better which is what I ultimately took delivery of

Carbon Fiber Trim Package: Looks great, mine has the console as well as the spoiler and rear view mirror covers

Color Combo: Polar White w/ Cranberry Leather. Color combos were not at the top of my list when shopping, although I did need leather interior (can't believe a car in this price range does not come standard with leather interior). I would not have chosen the combo I have if ordering the car, but I am very happy with it

Buying Experience: This is my first high end car. It was nice to walk into the Mercedes Dealership and not get peppered with "Qualifying Questions". I only walked into 2 dealerships, both treated me as if they assumed I could write a check for any vehicle on the lot. Very refreshing.

Hate:

Nothing yet, although the electronics package is a bit overwhelming at the moment. Much of this is on me though in all fairness. I'm not very "Tech Savvy" and came out of a Toyota Camry so there is quite a bit of a "Learning Curve" LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you love/hate about your C43?