Sponsored by:

Bumper ripped off by parking spot tire stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Hey guys! First-time poster here!

I know this thread is pretty old but I figured it may be worth commenting on it, as the same thing just happened to me with my 2022 C43 AMG. Tore the front spoiler off on the driver’s side. I took it to a body shop and they’re telling me that I will need a whole new front bumper now.

I’m curious if anyone has experience replacing their front bumper and if anyone is comfortable sharing the price they were quoted. I feel like I was quoted pretty high and am just looking for a reference point.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2022, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Would imagine starting bid would be $1,500+

And that's under the assumption that all the trims, etc. can mainly be transferred over from the old one. aka nothing is majorly damaged other than the bumper mounting flanges near the fenders

if front lip, etc. also need replaced I can see this getting to 2,500 or more pretty fast.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:38 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by alexasa
Would imagine starting bid would be $1,500+

And that's under the assumption that all the trims, etc. can mainly be transferred over from the old one. aka nothing is majorly damaged other than the bumper mounting flanges near the fenders

if front lip, etc. also need replaced I can see this getting to 2,500 or more pretty fast.

Hey, thank you for responding!

Yeah, my quote was pretty much $3.1k whereas I was expecting something more in the $2k range… I guess based on what you said that’s actually not as high as I initially thought then.

I definitely learned a valuable lesson here to watch out for those evil parking stops! lol
Old 10-29-2022, 07:15 AM

LX
Originally Posted by C43NME
Guys and Gals,
FYI. I parked my car in a parking spot last night that has one of those concrete tire stops in the front as I am sure you have seen many times. The dam thing is only 4" off the ground. When I parked it I pull in so the rear of the car wasn't sticking out as not to get dinged in the back. I parked the car alone and when I returned to pull out I had three others join me in the car. The additional weight (these are not haeavy people) must have made the car sink down such that the plastic pan that sits under the bumper on the C43 caught the concrete stop. When I backed out it partially ripped the right side of the bumper loose. I am now being told by MB that I have to get a whole new bumper. Wanted to warn all of o about this so it doesn't happen to you.
sorry to hear this! Excuse to get an aftermarket diffuser/bumper?

Last edited by joehandersson; 10-29-2022 at 09:09 AM.