Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge issue!! Interior Black Leather w/Red Stitching

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2017 | 07:14 PM

E450 4Matic
Huge issue!! Interior Black Leather w/Red Stitching

Hey guys as I posted last week, I will be getting my C43 soon actually this coming up Monday so I am definitely really excited. I went to the dealership because I got a phone call after my car was built it got delivered to the dealership, of course I immediately went up there to look at my beauty before I get it. Well everything looks exactly as I wanted it to be and she looks perfect, well almost perfect. I ordered the interior with Black Leather with Red Stitching because it just looks great and it shows on the online configurator that it comes with Red seat belts. So here we are that's my problem, the car doesn't have red seat belts just the regular black ones. Of course I was freaking out because that obviously bothers me so I am going up to the dealership tomorrow to talk to them and ask what happened, but before I do that I wanted to make sure I am not doing a mistake and maybe it doesn't even come with the Red Seat Belts what wouldn't make sense to me tho since it shows it on the online configuration Does someone on this forum has the C43 with the Black Leather and Red Stitching if yes, did it come with red seatbelts?

I am really hoping someone can help me out before I go up there and complain.

I wish everyone a great week.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by mariusweber; 03-27-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2017 | 07:26 PM

2020 C63 Coupe
Yes I have same interior with red seat belts.
Old 03-27-2017 | 07:33 PM

E450 4Matic
Thank you so much for you fast response! Well okay that's messed up I will go ahead and talk to the dealership tomorrow and they better fix it before I get my car on Monday!!!!! Or I will be pissed....
Old 03-27-2017 | 07:54 PM

C43
The red seat belts are a no-cost option but my understanding is that they have to be specifically ordered. My car came with them but I would have left them off if I'd had a choice--the C43 is about 150 hp down from anything that should have colored seat belts.
Old 03-27-2017 | 07:58 PM

2017 AMG C43
Black with red stitching should be with red belts according to the MB Dealer's Ordering Guide. Black alone will be black belts.

I can understand the frustration as the red belts look good.
Old 03-27-2017 | 08:01 PM

E450 4Matic
That was my first thought. I wasn't sure if I did something wrong whenever I finished the order. The thing is I can't find an option where you can specifically order the red seat belts or not. So I was thinking it should come automatically with the red seat belts if it shows it on the configuration and you don't have an option to specifically select to get it with or without. I understand your point it isn't a C63 but to me I just wanted the looks because it looks cool with the red stitching on the side.
Old 03-27-2017 | 08:15 PM

E450 4Matic
@Big Goober yes you are exactly right! It really is a frustration.... Oh well, shi*t happens I guess. I will just go up to the dealership tomorrow and talk to them, hopefully we will find a solution ASAP since I will get it this monday! I will keep you updated what's going on..
Old 03-27-2017 | 08:18 PM

2017 AMG C43
Thx, would like to know how it's handled.
Old 03-27-2017 | 08:31 PM

C43 Cab
When you build the Cabriolet online and you order leather with red stiching, red seat belts are selected as a no cost option automatically. The online build for the Sedan and coupe does not refer to the red seat belts at all.
Old 03-27-2017 | 08:35 PM

E450 4Matic
Yes exactly I ordered me the C43 Sedan so it didn't even give me an option to select red seat belts. All the options it showed me was the picture of the interior that would change if I for example select "black leather" so I honestly feel like it should come with the red seat belts am I right? Since the pictures shows the car with the seat bealts...
Old 03-27-2017 | 08:59 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by mariusweber

I ordered the interior with Black Leather with Red Stitching because it just looks great and it shows on the online configurator that it comes with Red seat belts.

So here we are that's my problem, the car doesn't have red seat belts just the regular black ones
There is a box on the dealer order form that needed to be checked indicating the choice of red or black seatbelts

This box was either checked "black" or possibly not checked and automatically defaulted to black

I saw this specific page because I had a similar (but opposite) issue

When shopping, I also wanted the red seatbelts (as you stated, they look awesome with the red stitching on black seats)

My issue is that the vehicle I ultimately landed on and took delivery of is Polar White w/ Cranberry Leather interior (my dealer needed to bring it in from another state). Because of the Cranberry interior, I wanted to be absolutely sure the seatbelts were NOT red for the obvious reason that is would look ridiculous in that combo/configuration

As always, the Car Stealerships want nothing more than to move you through the sales cycle. They addressed but quickly dismissed my concern and told me no way it would have red seatbelts

I had to leave a deposit to get the vehicle traded for (1st lease payment) so before writing the check I pressed the issue until they pulled up the order guide and showed me that seatbelt color is an option (in the case of the Cranberry Leather, there was not a choice other than black but with black seats there was a box to check indicating the choice of red or black)

As another poster here asked, I would also be interested in how the dealership resolves this for you

From reading other threads here with similar issues, the dealers either will give you additional money off or make the swap (if possible)

Trust me, I feel your pain on this because it's going to be nearly impossible for you to walk away from your car (and believe me the sales department knows this)

My suggestion would be to get a lot more worked up about it than you might actually be to ensure they take you seriously. If unresolved initially (they will likely try to minimize your concerns and tell you how great the car looks so you get your mind off it and focus elsewhere) you may want to tell them you need to go home and think about whether or not you can take delivery

When you try to walk (or do walk) they will perform some dealership magic and make you happy

Last edited by Jimmy C43; 03-27-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2017 | 09:49 PM

Polar White C43 Sedan
While I can understand your frustration, I think calling the wrong seatbelt color a big issue is a bit over dramatic.

Just have a chat with the dealer and decide if you want to wait for another car or just enjoy all of the other very cool things about the car.

Now if you ordered the PE and it didn't come with it, that would be a UUUGE issue.
Old 03-27-2017 | 10:16 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Bueller178

While I can understand your frustration, I think calling the wrong seatbelt color a big issue is a bit over dramatic

Just have a chat with the dealer and decide if you want to wait for another car or just enjoy all of the other very cool things about the car.

Now if you ordered the PE and it didn't come with it, that would be a UUUGE issue.
Far be it from me to gauge the importance of an option for another person, whether that be the color of the seatbelts or the color of the vehicle

The 2 options I had on my "Must Have" list were the Premium 3 Package & Leather Interior, there was ZERO room for negotiation on those 2 items

If that's how you feel about the red seatbelts, stick to your guns but as but if you take delivery with the black ones, don't let it be a thorn in your side

Bueller is right, there are so many cool things to love about the C43 that the seatbelt color won't take away from

Looking forward to hearing what the resolution is, but either way you are going to be super happy!
Old 03-27-2017 | 10:36 PM

A Benz and a BMW
If I'm not mistaken, red seat belts are actually 'standard' when it comes to the build of the C43 except the usual build option that dealers go by includes a code called U50 or something like that... which basically equates to a red seatbelt delete.

Search your vin on a vin decoder and you'll probably see it there. Most people, like me, we're looking for a code to identify that the red seat belts were added. I completely glossed over the fact that they were in fact deleted from the build instead.
Old 03-27-2017 | 11:54 PM

Mercedes C43
There will be extra $250 for red seat belts in Canada. I'm not sure about for US or Europe.
Old 03-28-2017 | 12:32 AM

CLS400
Subscribe
Old 03-28-2017 | 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
I'm pretty sure the seat belts can be swapped out by the service department. Just ask them to order the correct color and swap them out.
Old 03-28-2017 | 12:54 AM

CLS400
Originally Posted by Mr. J
I'm pretty sure the seat belts can be swapped out by the service department. Just ask them to order the correct color and swap them out.
If only they are willing to do that. Stealerships become dicks once you bought the car from them
Old 03-28-2017 | 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c-fo-fiddy
Bring your car to SLC and you can have my red belts. I tried hard to find one w/o but EVERY 450 I looked at had them. Oh well. It's just seat belts. The one thing in the interior that I don't see.
Old 03-28-2017 | 11:28 PM

I have package 641 (Black MB-Tex/DINAMICA w/Red Stiching)
but... my car has BLACK seat belts. Which I prefer.

The data card I pulled up had this line:

U17 (DELETION OF COLOR SEAT BELT)

...so pull up the data from the VIN and make sure it doesn't have that if you want red seat belts
Old 03-29-2017 | 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
OP, you sound like a moron, stop.

The seat belt options are usually not a customer facing option - something that they see on the back end.

Thing/standards change in time with ordering cars.

They are not going to equip your car with red seatbelts if it's already delivered.
Old 03-29-2017 | 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by alexasa
OP, you sound like a moron, stop.

The seat belt options are usually not a customer facing option - something that they see on the back end.

Thing/standards change in time with ordering cars.

They are not going to equip your car with red seatbelts if it's already delivered.
Ummm, why wouldn't they?

His dealer will almost certainly swap out the belts if they show up with the wrong color. The only question is whether they will do it for free or if they insist on charging for it.

I doubt they will do the swap for free, but paying a few hundred for new belts is a lot better than rejecting and reordering if the color bothers him that much.
The following users liked this post:
unr1 (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017 | 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Ummm, why wouldn't they?

His dealer will almost certainly swap out the belts if they show up with the wrong color. The only question is whether they will do it for free or if they insist on charging for it.

I doubt they will do the swap for free, but paying a few hundred for new belts is a lot better than rejecting and reordering if the color bothers him that much.
Doubt that will happen. But, who cares about speculating.
Old 03-29-2017 | 04:15 PM

2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Back about a year ago when I ordered my c450 I must have made 13 individual requests for red belts. I had a major freak out when I noticed my build sheet didn't specifically mention them and then was reassured by my salesman that red is standard, black was a delete option with my interior. Changing out the seat belts is a pretty big job. I'm pretty sure your dealer is going to offer you a different car and sell the one you ordered.
Old 03-29-2017 | 06:44 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by alexasa
Doubt that will happen. But, who cares about speculating.
Check your post about two up.

Agree that replacing the seat belts is very unlikely. If I remember correctly, even an accident in which the pretensioners lock up causes a replacement. It's not just the belt but a few other costly components.

OP, if you need a copy of the Ordering Guide, let me knows. I'm guessing that is what the dealer should be going by and shows you should have red belts unless you delete them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Huge issue!! Interior Black Leather w/Red Stitching