C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volume increases when accelerating setting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
Volume increases when accelerating setting?

Hello All,

Does anyone know if our vehicles have a setting turned on that increases the radio volume when the vehicle is accelerating and if so, where do you turn that off?

I recently got a subwoofer/amp installed in my car and now the volume randomly spikes. The person who installed it seems to think it may be due to the LC2I trying to balance the sound levels, but I am skeptical. In order to diagnose I want to try finding that setting and turning it off but I haven't been able to locate it anywhere.

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2017, 03:08 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
I feel like there is some sort of setting for auto adjusting the volume. I'll look through the menus for you and report back later.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01' c320
I also have that issue with my 01 c320. Im curious to see how to get around this issue. Thanks for any help!
Old 05-16-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by ragebkd
Hello All,

Does anyone know if our vehicles have a setting turned on that increases the radio volume when the vehicle is accelerating and if so, where do you turn that off?

I recently got a subwoofer/amp installed in my car and now the volume randomly spikes. The person who installed it seems to think it may be due to the LC2I trying to balance the sound levels, but I am skeptical. In order to diagnose I want to try finding that setting and turning it off but I haven't been able to locate it anywhere.

Thanks,
its probably there auto sound adjuster its in one of the sound options....play around with it and u'll find it. i cant remember where it is off the top of my head
Old 05-16-2017, 03:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
Press the button on below the climate control with the picture of the Car (or navigate to the Vehicle settings) instead of going into the Vehicle settings move the scroll wheel down and you will see I believe its labelled System Settings and in there scroll to the bottom you should see something about Auto Volume bla bla.

By default I think its turned off however I noticed my car still does adjust the volume slightly when I come to stop compared start moving. Weird.